Windows 10: creating a keyboard shortcut...when I hit a special key, it print in my document a a...

Discus and support creating a keyboard shortcut...when I hit a special key, it print in my document a a... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to create a shortcuit that when I hit the key it puts a phrase on my document How do I do this ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by susanmeckley, Nov 3, 2020.

1. creating a keyboard shortcut...when I hit a special key, it print in my document a a...

I want to create a shortcuit that when I hit the key it puts a phrase on my document How do I do this ?

:)

susanmeckley, Nov 3, 2020

2. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Suppuku Win User
    Turning off keyboard special characters shortcuts

How can I turn off special character shortcuts? I prefer using alt-codes.

Shortcut example:

When I press ~, it withholds printing the ~ to my screen until I press it again, or press another key which it can form a special character with; ~ and u makes ù.

Another example: ' and e makes é.

I don't want this bug, I want whatever key I press to immediately display on my screen and solely rely on alt codes.

I want a simple way to turn this off, like a checkbox in control panel/keyboard.

Suppuku, Nov 3, 2020
  4. creating a keyboard shortcut...when I hit a special key, it print in my document a a...

Print and Create Shortcut

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I have checked from my end and I am able to find the print and create shortcut options, on which files or documents you have checked this options. I suggest you to open any documents or files and right click on it and check whether you can find this options.

Also I suggest you to install all the Windows updates and check if the issue persist.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

creating a keyboard shortcut...when I hit a special key, it print in my document a a...

1. creating a keyboard shortcut...when I hit a special key, it print in my document a a... - Similar Threads - creating keyboard shortcut

2. Find and Replace comes up when I hit the "V" key on my keyboard - Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find and Replace comes up when I hit the "V" key on my keyboard - Outlook: For some reason when I am writing emails in Outlook when I hit "v" on my keyboard the find and replace function comes up. It is super strange. Also the "we're getting rid of Cortana" message pops up 200 times a day it feels like. Is there any easy fixes to these little bugs?...
  3. When I hit a character on the keyboard and then hit the spacebar, I type a special...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I hit a character on the keyboard and then hit the spacebar, I type a special...: I have tried to change the keyboard layouts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-hit-a-character-on-the-keyboard-and-then/931adfd3-7e99-437d-964a-b440078624d5
  4. When I hit a character on the keyboard and then hit the spacebar, I type a special...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I hit a character on the keyboard and then hit the spacebar, I type a special...: I have tried to change the keyboard layouts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-hit-a-character-on-the-keyboard-and-then/931adfd3-7e99-437d-964a-b440078624d5
  5. When I hit the "Delete" key?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I hit the "Delete" key?: On my Mac, I am using excel and have created a random name on a worksheet. When I hit the "Delete" key it acts like the "F9" key and calculates the random formula.i used rand and rank and match if that helps.how can I correct this?...
  6. Creating shortcuts for the arrow keys.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating shortcuts for the arrow keys.: Hello dear friends. small query here hope somebody has the answer to it . Actually i want to create a shortcut for the arrow keys present in the keyboard. with somewhat of googling i really found nothing . Is it even possible to to create a shortcut key for a key. like...
  7. creating shortcut key for missing keyboard letter

in Windows 10 Support
    creating shortcut key for missing keyboard letter: key broken on keyboard. thought i d kreate a shortkut to missing letter. managed to do it in word but not for other progs like email. assuming need to do it for windows 10 for that to work. advise appreshiated and that letter komes after 'b' and before 'd'... 151366
  8. Bad keyboard showing hit keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad keyboard showing hit keys: Hello, I use Windows 10 with a HP Pavilion w2207v and a keyboard: Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd, HP ModelKG - 10617. Bios AMI Version: 8.12 Date: 14/12/2012. I'm having a keyboard problem (Without correction this would give:" I am= having a keyboard probl:em=") The Key...
  9. WHEN I HIT PRINT IT GOES TO SEND A FAX

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WHEN I HIT PRINT IT GOES TO SEND A FAX: WHEN I HIT PRINT IT GOES TO SENS A FAX https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-hit-print-it-goes-to-send-a-fax/bc35aa93-b67d-4a3a-8118-a1e974c295c9
  10. Creating a special function shortcut macro in Window !0

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a special function shortcut macro in Window !0: Using the one line of text below i can load text into clipboard Code: type c:\scripts\test.txt | clip[/quote] putting that into a new shortcut and assigning the preferred hotkeys works fine The final step was to paste the text into the current document at the point of focus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Shortcuit key