Windows 10: Creating a keystroke for Dictate?

Discus and support Creating a keystroke for Dictate? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I would like to create a hotkey/shortcut to activate Dictate any window, not just Word instead of having to mouse click to activate. Has this been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ukraini1, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Ukraini1 Win User

Creating a keystroke for Dictate?

I would like to create a hotkey/shortcut to activate Dictate any window, not just Word instead of having to mouse click to activate. Has this been done? How do I do it? I'd use keys like this: www.amazon.com/Motospeed-Keyboards-Mechanical-Programmable-Switches/dp/B098PWQT3HWindows Key+H initializes the service, but a mouse click followed by Enter is required for subsequent uses of the service. I don't want to mouse back and forth so much.

:)

Ukraini1, Apr 22, 2024

2. Dictation not working.

Hello Lina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you using dictation in Windows or Office application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: To dictate text:

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

2. Say "start listening" or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.

3. Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

4. Say the text that you want dictate.

Step 2: You may refer Microsoft article related to Dictating text:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042244/windows-10-use-dictation

Dictate text using Speech Recognition - Microsoft Support

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Apr 22, 2024
  3. Dictation - Random Capitilization

Hi TFLJ,

It's possible that Dictation listens and analyzes your words in phrases or context clues. It is important to state the word clearly.

By the way, since when did this behavior start? Have you made any changes or installed any updates on your computer before this issue?

In order for us to sort this out, I suggest setting the Dictation to make all the letters in a word lowercase. Once this is enabled, try dictating again and see if it still randomly capitalizes letters or words.

If the issue persists, then it is best that you train again your PC to recognize your speech. Follow these steps:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Click Ease of Access > Speech Recognition.
    3. Under Configure your Speech Recognition experience, click the link Train your computer to better understand you option.
    4. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please let me know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 22, 2024
  4. Sally-W Win User

Can I create an alternative keystroke combination to "replace" a malfunctioning key?

Thank you. none of the suggestions corrected the problem. (This is not a separate keyboard but 1/2 of the device, albeit a dumb half with a battery.)

The question was: Can I create an alternate set of keystrokes such as ctrl-{ to act as the key that won't work?

Because only methods that relate to hardware were offered, I will assume creating alternate keystrokes in the windows environment (i.e., not just a program) is not possible.

Thanks,

Sally

Sally-W, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

1. Creating a keystroke for Dictate? - Similar Threads - Creating keystroke Dictate

2. Creating a keystroke for Dictate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a keystroke for Dictate?: I would like to create a hotkey/shortcut to activate Dictate any window, not just Word instead of having to mouse click to activate. Has this been done? How do I do it? I'd use keys like this:...
  3. DICTATE in Word will not take commands to create capitol letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DICTATE in Word will not take commands to create capitol letters: Hi: I have seen several threads asking this question with no resolutions, clear back to 2020. I don't see an open thread now asking, and wondered if it had been resolved. Whenever I use the Dictate feature in Word, I cannot say "cap," "caps," or "uppercase" to have the next...
  4. DICTATE in Word will not take commands to create capitol letters

DICTATE in Word will not take commands to create capitol letters: Hi: I have seen several threads asking this question with no resolutions, clear back to 2020. I don't see an open thread now asking, and wondered if it had been resolved. Whenever I use the Dictate feature in Word, I cannot say "cap," "caps," or "uppercase" to have the next...
  5. dictation

dictation: will not initialize, frozen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation/8963b8ca-28e2-4d28-8dde-1f549b239504
  6. dictation

in Windows 10 Customization
    dictation: will not initialize, frozen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation/8963b8ca-28e2-4d28-8dde-1f549b239504
  7. dictate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dictate: how to dictate in win10 on 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictate/f457fee5-5a2a-418a-b4c6-b79cf27165c5
  8. Keystrokes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keystrokes: Re: Keystrokes I have a sound when I hit a key on my keyboard, cannot backspace more than 1 space & unable to type 2 identical letters or add 2 spaces together. This happens on the keyboard whether I am using Word, Excel, Internet, etc. I do not think that I did...
  9. dictation

dictation: how do I talk and have it dictate what I'm saying. I have certain learning disabilities and it's a lot easier if I don't have to type https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/dictation/e7a3eec0-d1b1-4b93-ba7d-740101b11f83
  10. Keystrokes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keystrokes: When I tap Uppercase 2, which according to the keyboard should give @, I get " Conversely when I tap Uppercase ', which according to the keyboard should give ", I get @. How can I fix this problem? (I am not aware of any other similar problems on my keyboard)....