Windows 10: Creating a Local Account in Windows 10?

Discus and support Creating a Local Account in Windows 10? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi guys, When setting up Windows 10 to create a Local Account, do I need to have my Last Name there or can I have only my First name? I am only... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by win10freak, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Creating a Local Account in Windows 10?

Hi guys,

When setting up Windows 10 to create a Local Account, do I need to have my Last Name there or can I have only my First name?

I am only setting up a Local Account and NOT a Microsoft account.

So can I enter my First name only when I create my local account or do I need to have my Last name as well.

Please see image.

I am the only one using my notebook.

:)

win10freak, Aug 4, 2016

2. Creating a local account in Win10 pro

How do I create a local account in Win10 Pro? I've created local accounts on my laptop with Win10 Home by
    • Select ' Accounts'> 'Family & other users'.
    • 'Add someone else to this PC'

and then going through the account creation process, however my Win10 Pro doesn't have the option for Accounts'> 'Family & other users'. and I can't find a way of creating the account.

Oneeasygeezer, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Creating a local account in Win10 pro

Hi Gordon as I've said there's no problem with my laptop running Win10 Home but the option to create a fresh local account doesn't seem available to me on Win10 Pro. I have two Admin account the original is screwed and inactive due the now infamous critical
    start & Cortana error although going back into that account through the control panel I can see the option is there under accounts however if I try to create an account nothing happens. Once the second admin account is running satisfactorily I'll have to
    delete the original as I can't hold my breath waiting for Microsoft to resolve the critical error. Attached below is the screen dump of the accounts page.
    Creating a Local Account in Windows 10? [​IMG]

Oneeasygeezer, Aug 4, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Creating a Local Account in Windows 10?

Brink, Aug 4, 2016
Thema:

Creating a Local Account in Windows 10?

1. Creating a Local Account in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Creating Local Account

2. Creating a Local admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a Local admin account: I have a personal laptop that I got new mid way through school and during setting up that laptop I used my school's email for the Microsoft account.I am graduating soon and that email will be deactivated. How do I disconnect my school account and setup a new admin account...
  3. Creating a Local admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a Local admin account: I have a personal laptop that I got new mid way through school and during setting up that laptop I used my school's email for the Microsoft account.I am graduating soon and that email will be deactivated. How do I disconnect my school account and setup a new admin account...
  4. Disable creating local accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable creating local accounts: I am the only user of my PC Win 11, and I have multiple content blockers in the form of DNS filter, applications, extensions. However by creating a local account I am able to bypass some of these. I am looking for a way to disable creating any other kind of account on my PC....
  5. Disable creating local accounts

Disable creating local accounts: I am the only user of my PC Win 11, and I have multiple content blockers in the form of DNS filter, applications, extensions. However by creating a local account I am able to bypass some of these. I am looking for a way to disable creating any other kind of account on my PC....
  6. Creating a duplicate local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a duplicate local account: I am wanting to create a duplicate local user account in Windows 11 so that settings such as how the taskbar and start menu are set up, notifications settings, etc. move over. How can I do this?...
  7. Creating a duplicate local account

Creating a duplicate local account: I am wanting to create a duplicate local user account in Windows 11 so that settings such as how the taskbar and start menu are set up, notifications settings, etc. move over. How can I do this?...
  8. How to create Local Administrator Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Local Administrator Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Sometimes, you may want to add a new administrator account in Windows 10 to […] This article How to create Local Administrator Account in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Problems creating local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems creating local account: Hi everyone My Colleague has a new Dell laptop and it windows 10 professional but his unable to create a local account Creates the account either through add new user or manage adding username password etc but when he logs out and back in he cannot see the new user when...
  10. LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED: Hello, There is a third account Which I can assure you i never made named "Administrator" and it is the local admin, so it has full control over my computer, not me. There are many things that do not work because of this. This "new" administrator has also changed the...