Windows 10: Creating a macro in Word (Office 365) to automate insertion of text

Discus and support Creating a macro in Word (Office 365) to automate insertion of text in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello all, i receive a document that is always in the same format. I have to manually change the layout of the document, including adding Headers &... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Funjunkie6, May 18, 2021.

1. Creating a macro in Word (Office 365) to automate insertion of text

Hello all, i receive a document that is always in the same format. I have to manually change the layout of the document, including adding Headers & Footers, text and horizontal lines. i tried to create a macro to run but it didn't work. Any ideas to automate this formatting? Thanks

:)

Funjunkie6, May 18, 2021
  2. SHENmaker Win User

After updating WIN 10, every instance of Word (part of Office 365) opens with a macro warning even tho I have no macros, have to reinstall 365 to fix it

After updating WIN 10, every instance of Word (part of Office 365) opens with a macro warning even though I have no macros, I have to reinstall 365 to fix it, but that leaves 788 registry errors.

SHENmaker, May 18, 2021
  3. tfwul Win User
    Office 365 - predictions - not working in Dutch

Thank you!

I've set it properly.

Just found the solution... enable multilingual text suggestions

Multilingual text suggestionsShow text suggestions based on the recognised languages thatyou are typing in

Creating a macro in Word (Office 365) to automate insertion of text [​IMG]

Dutch:

However, when typing, in Dutch Office, it will bring up words in both Dutch and English.
    Anyway, so be it.

I've not been using the prediction option so far. However, I wonder whether is an easier way than a mouse click to select the first word in the prediction list when that is the one to be used.
    It would be nice to use, for instance, the tab key to select the first word.

See:

tfwul, May 18, 2021
  4. Newmaven Win User

Creating a macro in Word (Office 365) to automate insertion of text

Safely enable Word 365 Macros?

I need to write some macros for Word 365. But apparently, macros are disabled, and my only option is "enable all macros," which is unsafe.

Is there some way I can enable only specific macros, especially the ones I write?

Win 10 ver 20H2

Newmaven, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Creating a macro in Word (Office 365) to automate insertion of text

1. Creating a macro in Word (Office 365) to automate insertion of text - Similar Threads - Creating macro Word

2. Safely enable Word 365 Macros?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Safely enable Word 365 Macros?: I need to write some macros for Word 365. But apparently, macros are disabled, and my only option is "enable all macros," which is unsafe. Is there some way I can enable only specific macros, especially the ones I write? Win 10 ver 20H2 172379
  3. Creating a macro with Office 365 - Excel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating a macro with Office 365 - Excel: I created a macro about 2012 for a charity using Excel 2010. It still runs but I now need to create a similar macro for a second charity. As I am not a coder I used the easy process of recording my actions in 2012. I upgraded my PC last year with Office 365 Premium. The...
  4. Microsoft Office 365 Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Office 365 Word: G'day, I have just updated to 365 Word. I have been practicing writing documents. Obviously I do not want to keep them. Each time I open a new page on the left hand side are all my previous documents. I cannot find out how to delete them. Please could somebody help me?...
  5. New Insertable Icons in Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    New Insertable Icons in Office 365: We’re here today with another example of how the feedback you provide directly impacts the development of Office! When we first added Icons to Office, we got tons of great feedback that people loved them! You used them to add visual flare to your documents and...
  6. Macros Crashing Upon Create in Word and Excel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Macros Crashing Upon Create in Word and Excel: Every time I hit Create when trying to create a macro in Excel or Word, the application crashing. It just closes. Sometimes it'll reopen and sometime it won't. I've tried every setting possible in order to fix but nothing works. I tried customer support about 50 times...
  7. Developer tab missing to create Macros in word 2016

in Windows 10 Support
    Developer tab missing to create Macros in word 2016: have enabled macros in the trust Center. I've had no troubles regarding Excel ; it's only with word 2016. 130914
  8. After updating WIN 10, every instance of Word (part of Office 365) opens with a macro...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating WIN 10, every instance of Word (part of Office 365) opens with a macro...: After updating WIN 10, every instance of Word (part of Office 365) opens with a macro warning even though I have no macros, I have to reinstall 365 to fix it, but that leaves 788 registry errors....
  9. Word 2013 won't create a macro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word 2013 won't create a macro: I've a new installation of Office 2013, but I can't create any macros. It goes back to the document. Event viewer tells me the faulting module is VBE7.DLL. Exception Code 0xc0000005 I've tried to open Word in safe mode, but it's no good. Just for fun I looked in the...
  10. Microsoft Word Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Word Office 365: Does anyone have a way to restore a corrupt Word document? I've tried everything and I really need this document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/microsoft-word-office-365/51fde4cc-82e6-41f8-8520-82cc41422b5e