Windows 10: Creating a macro with Office 365 - Excel

Discus and support Creating a macro with Office 365 - Excel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I created a macro about 2012 for a charity using Excel 2010. It still runs but I now need to create a similar macro for a second charity. As I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dr Ogheda, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Dr Ogheda Win User

Creating a macro with Office 365 - Excel

I created a macro about 2012 for a charity using Excel 2010. It still runs but I now need to create a similar macro for a second charity. As I am not a coder I used the easy process of recording my actions in 2012. I upgraded my PC last year with Office 365 Premium. The macro I created is a simple process that- opens a workbook; updates it; saves it; and closes the workbook. This is very necessary as there are many links within the workbooks.

I went to create the macro for the second charity but following the actions of 2012 it produces a macro but fails to update the workbook.

I have tried many options but nothing creates the update function.

I attach the old version I update the year annually in January the 2020 is the outcome of my efforts at present. I am aware that I can rework the old macro for the second charity but I wish to be able to use the process for other issues that will arise with the second charity.

I tried Workbook.xlsx but it makes no difference. I am left with one query I assume I am wrong that Workbooks .Open is no longer a valid address!

I have also created a false set of workbooks that recreate the conditions for the original macro but it still comes out as the 2020 image. If you wish can send the false set.

Can you help?

Creating a macro with Office 365 - Excel 74269777-c06e-4807-afac-7a0c625a5f3f?upload=true.jpg

:)

Dr Ogheda, Dec 21, 2020
  2. KSHAMI Win User

Excel Macros in Office Mobile

Hi,

1. Is there anyway to run excel sheets with macros on the new Office Mobile?

2. Is it possible to open password protected sheets with the new Excel Mobile?

Please feed me.

Regards,

Khaled

KSHAMI, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Office 365 activation error after big Win 10 update

We appreciate your response, Keith. We suggest that you update Office 365 and see if it'll make a difference. You can simply do it by opening any Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Open Office app, then click on File.
    • Look for Account, then click on Update.
    • Once done, restart your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Creating a macro with Office 365 - Excel

Unable to copy cells in excel (office 365) on WP8

I am unable to copy the cells in excel (office 365) on WP8, please suggests.

R PUSPALAK, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Creating a macro with Office 365 - Excel

1. Creating a macro with Office 365 - Excel - Similar Threads - Creating macro Office

2. window 11 office 365 excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 11 office 365 excel: MSI,window 11,office 365,excel,? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-%E5%AE%89%E8%A3%9Doffice-365-excel/3b8f7295-29a8-4053-9de8-ceb77003848e
  3. window 11 office 365 excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window 11 office 365 excel: MSI,window 11,office 365,excel,? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-11-%E5%AE%89%E8%A3%9Doffice-365-excel/3b8f7295-29a8-4053-9de8-ceb77003848e
  4. Creating a macro in Word (Office 365) to automate insertion of text

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Creating a macro in Word (Office 365) to automate insertion of text: Hello all, i receive a document that is always in the same format. I have to manually change the layout of the document, including adding Headers & Footers, text and horizontal lines. i tried to create a macro to run but it didn't work. Any ideas to automate this formatting?...
  5. Excel macro, if Excel gets the focus.?

Excel macro, if Excel gets the focus.?: So I want the macro to start immediately when I switch to Excel from another application with <alt>+<tab>. Excel-Makro, wenn Excel den Focus bekommt.?
  6. MS Office 365 eXCEL

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Office 365 eXCEL: Two problems: One- In Excel, keep getting "we're sorry but excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working........" This error is extremely irritating as I have to reenter data everytime MS decides to "prevent it from working" and when you deal with the...
  7. Excel, Office 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel, Office 365: Hello, I am having puting 11-20 into a cell. It converts it to date format, Nov-20, and when I change the format to General it converts it to 44136. Same thing happens when I use the Number format. Only seems to be for this data, i.e. 11-20. Any ideas? Thanks....
  8. Announcing XLOOKUP for Excel in Office 365

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing XLOOKUP for Excel in Office 365: I am excited to announce XLOOKUP; the successor to iconic VLOOKUP function. Before I describe XLOOKUP, I want to take a moment to reflect on VLOOKUP's incredible history and impact on spreadsheeting. VLOOKUP has been with Excel from the beginning; it was included in Excel 1...
  9. Macros Crashing Upon Create in Word and Excel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Macros Crashing Upon Create in Word and Excel: Every time I hit Create when trying to create a macro in Excel or Word, the application crashing. It just closes. Sometimes it'll reopen and sometime it won't. I've tried every setting possible in order to fix but nothing works. I tried customer support about 50 times...
  10. Office 365 / Excel 'corrupt' file

Office 365 / Excel 'corrupt' file: Hi Running W10 pro...with office 365 Outlook/Excel etc... Excel is giving me fits. Opening an excel file within an email gives me 'corrupt' file. If I save the file I will be able to open it up *sometimes*. I have tricked the OS into opening the file by printing from...