Windows 10: Creating a new entry in the context menu

Discus and support Creating a new entry in the context menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello from Germany. Is it possible to create a new entry in the context menu in "new"? I often need an empty paint-pic. For example: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheGerMan, Feb 5, 2016.

1. TheGerMan Win User

Creating a new entry in the context menu

Hello from Germany.

Is it possible to create a new entry in the context menu in "new"?
    I often need an empty paint-pic.
    For example:

Creating a new entry in the context menu [​IMG]

Thank you.

:)

TheGerMan, Feb 5, 2016

2. Explorer.exe right click context menu missing links

What "codes" are you talking about? I was talking about registry nodes such as those for CURRENT_USER as opposed to LOCAL_MACHINE. A new account will have all the default OS context menu entries and any created by apps installed by an admin for
    all accounts.

If your previous account was a non-admin one then any apps you installed under that account won't show up for other user accounts. So if you create a new account to migrate to, you'll need to reinstall those apps in order to recreate their context menu entries.

BTW are you James posting from a new forum account? If not, unless you're facing the exact same issue due to the exact same cause as James you should create your own thread and provide details about your problem.

RobertJWin, Feb 5, 2016
  3. Help me fix my MMC Snap-ins please! (disabled context menu entry and it broke them)

I used a piece of software called Windows 10 Manager which is a collection of tools one of which is a Context Menu Manager.

I disabled a half dozen items but the problem didnt present itself until after I had restarted several days later. I used a restore point and went through a process of elimination to determine it was the "Send-To" context menu entry being disabled which
    caused the "MMC could not create the snap-in" error for things like event viewer and task scheduler.

These are both important softwares to me and the restore point is too old to be a viable solution.

I went ahead and re enabled the "Send-to" entry in Context Menu Manager which DID return said context menu entry to my context menu. It unfortunately DID NOT return my snap-ins to their previous functioning behavior however.

What is the disabling of this menu entry tied to that is potentially not re-enabled? I need to fix this urgently.

I've ran sfc's, gone through all existing threads i could find ala google, re installed .NET frameworks... I'm at a loss hence the posting.

This one is gonna take one of the pros i imagine Creating a new entry in the context menu :p

klepp0906-, Feb 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Creating a new entry in the context menu [​IMG]

Hi, you could try this freeware. List of everything on the left, your 'New' list on the right, + & - to add, delete.

dalchina, Feb 5, 2016
  5. TheGerMan Win User
    Thanks, it wasn't that I'm looking for but I found another one.
    ContextMenuEditor.
    The new entry ist not in "New", but it helps how the program works.

TheGerMan, Feb 6, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Well, I'm puzzled- what I suggested can do exactly and precisely what you showed in your screenshot - modify the options in the New context menu (updated after log off/on).

Anyway, glad found what you were looking for.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creating a new entry in the context menu - Similar Threads - Creating entry context

2. All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing: Suddenly, all the entries from my "New" context menu disappeared, I don't know why. I've tried restoring the defaults, enabling, disabling new entries, nothing helped, no entries in the menu. How to restore it?...
  3. All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing: Suddenly, all the entries from my "New" context menu disappeared, I don't know why. I've tried restoring the defaults, enabling, disabling new entries, nothing helped, no entries in the menu. How to restore it?...
  4. All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Context Menu Doesn't Show Create New?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Context Menu Doesn't Show Create New?: [ATTACH] Self explanatory, recently reset PC and no option to create new folders etc. Any fix for this? Recently poked around in the registry because I had an issue where the context menu didn't even appear, I may have deleted something. Please halp. Upon right click...
  6. How to remove Create a new video context menu entry

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Create a new video context menu entry: I just noticed a new context menu entry in the new W10 Update. It is visible when right-clicking image files. [img] Is there some easy way to get rid of this? Perhaps some reg files, Brink? *Biggrin 119141
  7. Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry: For text editing and browsing a file's contents, I always use Textpad because it is a very sophisticated text editor. Also installed Notepad++ "just in case." NP++ has a neat context menu option "Edit with Notepad++" appearing in any context. In prior Windows versions the...
  8. Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry: For text editing and browsing a file's contents, I always use Textpad because it is a very sophisticated text editor. Also installed Notepad++ "just in case." NP++ has a neat context menu option "Edit with Notepad++" appearing in any context. In prior Windows versions the...
  9. Creating a registry key for a universal context menu entry?

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a registry key for a universal context menu entry?: I am a constant user of Textpad test editor, in every context, but their setup option to have "Open with Textpad" on every context menu is broken in Windows 10. Occasionally, I also use Notepad++, but it is not a substitute because of the collection of editing tools,...
  10. delete context menu entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete context menu entry: Hello every one,cannot delete specific entry [img] have uninstalled,cleaned registry entries with RevoUninstaller and CCleaner,manually looked for all entries in Registry Editor,used Shellex and Shellview,nothing seems to handle it.Any hints? 13024