Windows 10: Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry

Discus and support Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For text editing and browsing a file's contents, I always use Textpad because it is a very sophisticated text editor. Also installed Notepad++ "just in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ineuw, Sep 14, 2018.

1. ineuw Win User

Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry

For text editing and browsing a file's contents, I always use Textpad because it is a very sophisticated text editor. Also installed Notepad++ "just in case." NP++ has a neat context menu option "Edit with Notepad++" appearing in any context. In prior Windows versions the identical Textpad context menu option also showed up as "Edit with Textpad" but it no longer shows up on Windows 10 in any context. This option is controlled in Textpad's Preferences menu. Contacted the developers and they instructed me to execute the following in the command prompt window:

Code: > cd "C:\Program Files\TextPad 8\system" regsvr32 ShellExt64.dll[/quote] But it just added the program to the "Open with" context submenu. So, I copied the Notepad Key, created another unique key number, changed the all values to point to TextPad and imported it into the registry, but nothing shows up.

Here is the original Notepad++ key and my registry key copy modified:

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B298D29A-A6ED-11DE-BA8C-A68E55D89593}] @="ANotepad++64" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B298D29A-A6ED-11DE-BA8C-A68E55D89593}\InprocServer32] @="C:\\Program Files\\Notepad++\\NppShell_06.dll" "ThreadingModel"="Apartment" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B298D29A-A6ED-11DE-BA8C-A68E55D89593}\Settings] "Title"="Edit with &Notepad++" "Path"="C:\\Program Files\\Notepad++\\notepad++.exe" "Custom"="" "ShowIcon"=dword:00000001 "Dynamic"=dword:00000001 "Maxtext"=dword:00000019[/quote] Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B298D29A-A6ED-11DE-BA8C-A68E55D89595}] @="ATextpad" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B298D29A-A6ED-11DE-BA8C-A68E55D89595}\InprocServer32] @="C:\\Program Files\\TextPad 8\\system\\ShellExt64.dll" "ThreadingModel"="Apartment" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B298D29A-A6ED-11DE-BA8C-A68E55D89595}\Settings] "Title"="Edit with &Textpad" "Path"="C:\\Program Files\\TextPad 8\\TextPad.exe" "Custom"="" "ShowIcon"=dword:00000001 "Dynamic"=dword:00000001 "Maxtext"=dword:00000019[/quote] Is there a way I can get this to work?

P.S: I have several Macrium backups, so please don't lecture me on the dangers of editing the registry. *Smile

:)

ineuw, Sep 14, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Creating a new entry in the context menu

Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry [​IMG]

Hi, you could try this freeware. List of everything on the left, your 'New' list on the right, + & - to add, delete.

dalchina, Sep 14, 2018
  3. TheGerMan Win User
    Creating a new entry in the context menu

Hello from Germany.

Is it possible to create a new entry in the context menu in "new"?
    I often need an empty paint-pic.
    For example:

Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry [​IMG]

Thank you.

TheGerMan, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry

Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry :(

ArmoredCavalry, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry

1. Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry - Similar Threads - Creating registry enty

2. All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing: Suddenly, all the entries from my "New" context menu disappeared, I don't know why. I've tried restoring the defaults, enabling, disabling new entries, nothing helped, no entries in the menu. How to restore it?...
  3. All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing: Suddenly, all the entries from my "New" context menu disappeared, I don't know why. I've tried restoring the defaults, enabling, disabling new entries, nothing helped, no entries in the menu. How to restore it?...
  4. All the entries in the "New menu" in Windows context menu are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Menu to create new file is gone from context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Menu to create new file is gone from context menu: Hi, for whatever reason I am only able to create a new folder / shortcut and not a new file. Any idea how I might get the normal "new" menu back? [img] OS Version: 2004 OS Build 19041.208 155787
  6. Context Menu Doesn't Show Create New?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Context Menu Doesn't Show Create New?: [ATTACH] Self explanatory, recently reset PC and no option to create new folders etc. Any fix for this? Recently poked around in the registry because I had an issue where the context menu didn't even appear, I may have deleted something. Please halp. Upon right click...
  7. How to remove Create a new video context menu entry

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Create a new video context menu entry: I just noticed a new context menu entry in the new W10 Update. It is visible when right-clicking image files. [img] Is there some easy way to get rid of this? Perhaps some reg files, Brink? *Biggrin 119141
  8. Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry: For text editing and browsing a file's contents, I always use Textpad because it is a very sophisticated text editor. Also installed Notepad++ "just in case." NP++ has a neat context menu option "Edit with Notepad++" appearing in any context. In prior Windows versions the...
  9. Creating a registry key for a universal context menu entry?

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a registry key for a universal context menu entry?: I am a constant user of Textpad test editor, in every context, but their setup option to have "Open with Textpad" on every context menu is broken in Windows 10. Occasionally, I also use Notepad++, but it is not a substitute because of the collection of editing tools,...
  10. Creating a new entry in the context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating a new entry in the context menu: Hello from Germany. Is it possible to create a new entry in the context menu in "new"? I often need an empty paint-pic. For example: [img] Thank you. 39917

Users found this page by searching for:

1. textpad missing context menu ShellExt64