Windows 10: Creating a new Windows 10 hard drive from recovery media and mirror

Discus and support Creating a new Windows 10 hard drive from recovery media and mirror in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have created the recovery media (on thumb drive) and also made a mirror of the hard drive, with all files; for a Windows 10 OS machine. Now, I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoePerrone, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Creating a new Windows 10 hard drive from recovery media and mirror

I have created the recovery media (on thumb drive) and also made a mirror of the hard drive, with all files; for a Windows 10 OS machine. Now, I would like to actually create a new hard drive. The objective is to replace the current one, as it is starting to make noises (but still works)

How can I do that

Thanks and regards

:)

JoePerrone, Oct 28, 2018

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Cannot create recovery drive or bootable usb using media creation tool

Hi Stuart,

To assist you better with your concern, are you getting an error message upon creating a recovery drive, as well as creating a bootable USB drive? If yes, what's the error message?

In addition to that, have you tried the steps from the following articles:

Regards.

Marque Lor, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Creating a new Windows 10 hard drive from recovery media and mirror

Create a Recovery Drive?

Hi Kaspaz,

Let us first check the recovery drive creation process that you have done. Below is a step by step process of creating a recovery drive:

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive
      is selected and then select Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create.
      A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC
      link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

If you have done the same steps above and the rest of your file is still not showing.
    Please post back some details:

• Which drive are you referring to?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?
    • Besides creating a recovery drive, have you done any other changes on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your USB hard drive device?
    • Have you tried plugging it on another port?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer? To know these details, follow the steps below:
      • Select the Start button.
      • Type About your PC.
      • Press Enter to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know the result after performing the troubleshooting steps and if your concern was left unresolved, kindly get back to us with the answers to our inquiry, so that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Creating a new Windows 10 hard drive from recovery media and mirror

1. Creating a new Windows 10 hard drive from recovery media and mirror - Similar Threads - Creating hard drive

2. Create external hard drive recovery drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create external hard drive recovery drive: Attach the external hard drive to which the recovery is required. Insert a USB flash or use DVD drive, these are not the target drive but are required by the recovery software otherwise it will not work..So click on Control Panel, select Recovery then Create a Rcovery...
  3. Create external hard drive recovery drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create external hard drive recovery drive: Attach the external hard drive to which the recovery is required. Insert a USB flash or use DVD drive, these are not the target drive but are required by the recovery software otherwise it will not work..So click on Control Panel, select Recovery then Create a Rcovery...
  4. What size external hard drive to create media recovery set

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What size external hard drive to create media recovery set: Just bought a new 27" all in one HP desktop. I need to create the media recovery set on an external hard drive. My hard drive is 1 tb . What would be the best size of a brand new external hard drive to get on it all on there. I was considering a 2 tb drive. I'd much...
  5. Mirror Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirror Hard Drive: I am trying to mirror my hard drive with an external hard drive. However the add mirror is greyed out. How can I get it ungreyed out. I have created a volume for the external hard drive that didn't work. I tried creating a pool that didn't work. Why is it greyed out....
  6. Creating Recovery Drive and Reinstallation Media

Creating Recovery Drive and Reinstallation Media: Hello. Should I create my USB Recovery Drive and Reinstallation Media for my Windows 10 PC when its right out of the box - before the first set of Windows updates?...
  7. Windows 10 Recovery New Hard Drive

Windows 10 Recovery New Hard Drive: Replaced Hard Drive / Lost Windows 10 Key Code. How can I download Windows 10 onto a USB without buying new software. I am a Office 365 subscriber. I have attempted Windows Recovery download but it will not accept without the Win10 Key Code....
  8. Unable to create a recovery drive by Recovery Media Creator

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to create a recovery drive by Recovery Media Creator: I tried to create a recovery drive on Dell Inspiron 13 7000 according to these instructions. My OS is Windows 10 build 1803 17134.523 (why this cannot be copied?!) The USB key is a brand new 16GB Kingston DataTraveler 100 G3, checked for errors, formatted first with NTFS,...
  9. Accidently created recovery drive when installing new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidently created recovery drive when installing new hard drive.: I purchased a new pc with a 480TB solid state drive. I decided to add a regular hard drive also for extra storage. I purchased a Western Digital Blue 1TB drive. When I put it in the pc, Intel Rapid Storage Technology popped up. I had read the drive may need to be initialized...
  10. Accidently created recovery drive when installing new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidently created recovery drive when installing new hard drive.: I purchased a new pc with a 480TB solid state drive. I decided to add a regular hard drive also for extra storage. I purchased a Western Digital Blue 1TB drive. When I put it in the pc, Intel Rapid Storage Technology popped up. I had read the drive may need to be initialized...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel rapid storage technology blue screen windows 1809