Windows 10: Creating a pbr recovery, ppkg not being installed during reset

Discus and support Creating a pbr recovery, ppkg not being installed during reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,I'm currently trying to get pbr to work with usmt/scanstate to keep apps after reset, however after following the Microsoft documentation for OEM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by conby1, Sep 17, 2021.

1. conby1 Win User

Creating a pbr recovery, ppkg not being installed during reset

Hi,I'm currently trying to get pbr to work with usmt/scanstate to keep apps after reset, however after following the Microsoft documentation for OEM manufacturers and deployment of push button reset, the machine fails to reset with the error message "There was a problem resetting your pc. No changes were made." In event viewer there error ID is 4502The machine is built in audit mode with all applications installed at this point, scanstate is run at this point aswell to capture the ppkg. I have tried in a the standard environment aswell if that would make any difference.The customizations folde

:)

conby1, Sep 17, 2021

2. PBR Image J

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As you have recently upgraded to Windows 10, ensure to install any pending updates on the system and remember to restart the computer to check the status.

PBR Image drive and WINRETOOLS drive are the recovery partitions and contain the recovery image (PBR Image) and Windows Recovery Environment tools (WINRETOOLS). The reason why it is showing in red is that this drive had got very
    little free space. They are important for recovering the system in case of a software issue and should not be deleted.

The PBR and WINRETOOLS drives are provided by Dell. I would suggest you to create a recovery drive. Follow the steps given in the link below.

Create a USB recovery drive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Sep 17, 2021
  3. PBR Image drive almost full with new Windows 10 pc

Hi Niall,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

What is the make and model of the PC?

PBR Image drive and WINRETOOLS drive are the recovery partitions and contain the recovery image (PBR Image) and Windows Recovery Environment tools (WINRETOOLS). The reason why it is showing in red is that this drive had got very little free space. They are
    important for recovering the system in case of a software issue and should not be deleted.

The PBR and WINRETOOLS drives are provided by Dell. I would suggest you to create a recovery drive. Follow the steps given in the link below.

Create a USB recovery drive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 17, 2021
  4. Creating a pbr recovery, ppkg not being installed during reset

PBR Image

PBR Image is missing from System Storage after Windows Update 1803 was installed; however PBR Image does show up in Drives under Computer Management. Could anyone let me know if something is wrong with the installation of update 1803. Besides, PBR Image
    and WINRETOOLS are missing from the list of drives under Defragment And Optimize your drives in System and Security.

ErhanKarabekir, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

Creating a pbr recovery, ppkg not being installed during reset

1. Creating a pbr recovery, ppkg not being installed during reset - Similar Threads - Creating pbr recovery

2. How to create provision package PPKG programatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create provision package PPKG programatically?: Hi there, I'm looking to automate the creation of PPKG files using any programming language. I haven't been able to find any detailed instructions or examples on how to do this, and I'd prefer not to use the WCD tool.If you have any suggestions, I'd be grateful.Thanks!...
  3. How to create provision package PPKG programatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create provision package PPKG programatically?: Hi there, I'm looking to automate the creation of PPKG files using any programming language. I haven't been able to find any detailed instructions or examples on how to do this, and I'd prefer not to use the WCD tool.If you have any suggestions, I'd be grateful.Thanks!...
  4. Are these the partitions that should be created during a new install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are these the partitions that should be created during a new install?: https://i.ibb.co/gtxvw4P/89c68530-f037-4b25-aa20-ac2b473ff696.jpg No recovery partition was created while installing in a new drive. Will it be created automatically or should I delete partitions and try again? In another drive with Windows 1809 I have: 500 MB Recovery,...
  5. Disk being detected but 0MB during install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk being detected but 0MB during install: I’ve recently come across a blue screen and attempted to get a windows10 bootable usb. When I was trying for a long time to get it to work and eventually got it to work, it wouldn’t let me install a fresh copy onto the disk because it wouldn’t format the partitions. I ran...
  6. In winre Windows recovery environment, the first execution of cloud PBR will prompt "unable...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In winre Windows recovery environment, the first execution of cloud PBR will prompt "unable...: In winre Windows recovery environment, the first execution of cloud PBR will prompt "unable to download". The related network card driver has been loaded into winre, but it still can't succeed for the first time. [ATTACH]...
  7. Creating new factory reset recovery partition

Creating new factory reset recovery partition: Hi I have recently upgraded my storage drive to ssd . Before transferring my OS to SSD i deleted the 'push button reset' system partition which had windows recovery environment. Now after transferring my OS to SSD I want to create factory reset partition containing window...
  8. PPKG - Where is it stored during OOBE and where does it go afterward.

PPKG - Where is it stored during OOBE and where does it go afterward.: I am looking for an answer in regards to how the .ppkg and .cat files are handled during the OOBE. Are they cached to the machine ONLY during the OOBE, or are they stored on the disk drive? Is it converted into a script during the OOBE and cleared when the process is...
  9. Installed and want to create a recovery disk

Installed and want to create a recovery disk: Hi all I've done the free update today from windows 8.1 to windows 10 I'm guessing if I reset my laptop to factory settings I would be back on windows 8 and after the free download period is up I wouldn't be able to update to windows 10 again. I remember reading...
  10. Create Reset Recovery Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Reset Recovery Image in Windows 10: How to: Create Reset Recovery Image in Windows 10 How to Create a Recovery Image used to Reset Windows 10 [img] Information If you're having problems with Windows 10 on your PC, you can try to refresh, reset, or restore it. When you reset your PC, it will remove...