Windows 10: Creating a Recovery on Flash Drive

Discus and support Creating a Recovery on Flash Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've followed the blog about issues creating a recovery drive in Win10. I've had a flash drive plugged in for two days trying to create a recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexFulton1, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Creating a Recovery on Flash Drive

I've followed the blog about issues creating a recovery drive in Win10. I've had a flash drive plugged in for two days trying to create a recovery drive. The progress indicator green is half way through. What's the deal??? Can't you make a better product! Please advise on whether or not I just plug out the flash drive.

:)

AlexFulton1, Sep 24, 2020

2. creating a recovery flash drive

I have lost my windows 10 recovery flash drive and I am unable to create this recovery drive again because I have deleted the recovery from my system while I was creating the recovery flash drive. Now can I create this recovery drive again or not. If
    yes please tell me how can I create the recovery drive again?

PardeepKmr, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Create a Recovery Drive

Hello Andrew,

I understand that you are trying to create a recovery drive on Windows 10 and the setup is not recognizing your USB drives. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue appropriately.

• Do you see the USB drive in Windows Explorer?

• Have you tried any other USB drive?
    In the meantime you may try to create a recovery disc by the steps mentioned below.

A recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won't start. To create one, all you need is a USB drive.

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected, then select ‘Next’.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, then select
      Next > Create. A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it's finished, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link, then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

Ensure that the flash drive has a unique drive letter. If not, try assigning a drive letter to the flash drive from disk management in computer management and check if the issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and Regards

Sarandeep S - Microsoft Support.

Singh Sarandeep, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Creating a Recovery on Flash Drive

Windows 10 fails to create a Recovery Drive and turns 64GB Flash into a 32GB Flash!

Hello,

Appreciate the detailed post. As per the description of the issue, this can be caused by hidden files. For us to check, follow the steps below:

• Search for File Explorer and press Enter.
    • Click on View.
    • Put a check mark on the Hidden items box.
    • See if there are additional files and folders that will appear.

If there are no hidden items, we suggest that you
    create a new user profile.
    Since the issue is the same on different flash drives, this can also be caused by a corrupted user profile. Try creating a recovery drive in the new user profile and let us know if it works.

Get back to us if anything else comes up.

Jennifer Bri, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Creating a Recovery on Flash Drive

1. Creating a Recovery on Flash Drive - Similar Threads - Creating Recovery Flash

2. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  3. Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives

Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives: I am trying to create a recovery drive for a brand new Dell computer running Windows 11 and keep getting this error with different flash drives: "Connect a USB flash drive. The drive must be able to hold at least 32 GB, and everything on the drive will be...
  4. Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives: I am trying to create a recovery drive for a brand new Dell computer running Windows 11 and keep getting this error with different flash drives: "Connect a USB flash drive. The drive must be able to hold at least 32 GB, and everything on the drive will be...
  5. Flash Drive recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash Drive recovery: I wanted to know if Microsoft has a trustworthy flash drive recovery software program for flash drives that stop being read but have significant and important files on them. I tried 3rd party only to be disappointed after purchasing the software. Or can the community help...
  6. Flash Drive recovery

Flash Drive recovery: I wanted to know if Microsoft has a trustworthy flash drive recovery software program for flash drives that stop being read but have significant and important files on them. I tried 3rd party only to be disappointed after purchasing the software. Or can the community help...
  7. Flash Drive recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Recovery Flash drive

Recovery Flash drive: After purchasing my lenovo ideapad laptop i have created a recovery drive through a flash drive for windows 10 backup. today i have updated the BIOS of my laptop. should i create the recovery drive again or last backup will work that created before updating BIOS?...
  9. Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive

Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive: I bought a licence from the Microsoft store so my Windows 10 is legit. When I try to create a USB flash drive Recovery, I get the error that some files are missing so the Recovery could not be created. Help please....
  10. Create a recovery drive trashing flash drive - Windows 10

Create a recovery drive trashing flash drive - Windows 10: I am trying to create a recovery drive for my Dell Pc recently upgraded to Windows 10. I am following the support instructions at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026852/windows-create-a-recovery-drive, but when i connect a 32GB USB flash drive at step 3, on...