Windows 10: Creating a registry key for a universal context menu entry?

Discus and support Creating a registry key for a universal context menu entry? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am a constant user of Textpad test editor, in every context, but their setup option to have "Open with Textpad" on every context menu is broken in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Jul 20, 2018.

1. ineuw Win User

Creating a registry key for a universal context menu entry?

I am a constant user of Textpad test editor, in every context, but their setup option to have "Open with Textpad" on every context menu is broken in Windows 10.

Occasionally, I also use Notepad++, but it is not a substitute because of the collection of editing tools, templates, and macros developed over the years. But Notepad++ inserted itself in every context menu of W10 and I tracked down the only two Registry keys involved in their scheme,, and this is what I want to duplicate somehow.
    Code: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B298D29A-A6ED-11DE-BA8C-A68E55D89593}\Settings Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B298D29A-A6ED-11DE-BA8C-A68E55D89593}\Settings[/quote] Please note the relationship between the two. The <Subkey name><Value name>=<Value type>:<Value data>
    are identical in the two keys, Is this possible for one to do this?

:)

ineuw, Jul 20, 2018

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Creating a registry key for a universal context menu entry? :(

ArmoredCavalry, Jul 20, 2018
  3. How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Jul 20, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Creating a new entry in the context menu

Creating a registry key for a universal context menu entry? [​IMG]

Hi, you could try this freeware. List of everything on the left, your 'New' list on the right, + & - to add, delete.

dalchina, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Creating a registry key for a universal context menu entry? - Similar Threads - Creating registry key

2. registry key for a context menu option missing in registry editor, but option visible on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    registry key for a context menu option missing in registry editor, but option visible on...: [IMG] I tried to add a context menu/right click menu option for windows terminal app, but accidentally added 2 different ones under 2 different names. I want to delete the options now, but the registry entry is missing. Unfortunately, I deleted the .reg file that I...
  3. "Open With" menu - registry entries mysterious

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Open With" menu - registry entries mysterious: I got tired of seeing an old version of Adobe Audition in my "Open With" menu for .wav files, so I tried to go to the registry to delete it. But the registry entries are really weird. Here is a screenshot of the Open With menu overlaid with regedit showing the relevant keys...
  4. Creating an MPO registry entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating an MPO registry entry: I can copy the .Jpg registry entry and then by changing ".jpg" to ".mpo" in all places, MPO thumbnails and tag details can be displayed. I have also found that removing the fulldetails kills the details option when looking at properties. MPO is basically a container for...
  5. How to remove Create a new video context menu entry

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Create a new video context menu entry: I just noticed a new context menu entry in the new W10 Update. It is visible when right-clicking image files. [img] Is there some easy way to get rid of this? Perhaps some reg files, Brink? *Biggrin 119141
  6. Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry: For text editing and browsing a file's contents, I always use Textpad because it is a very sophisticated text editor. Also installed Notepad++ "just in case." NP++ has a neat context menu option "Edit with Notepad++" appearing in any context. In prior Windows versions the...
  7. Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a new registry enty for a new context menu entry: For text editing and browsing a file's contents, I always use Textpad because it is a very sophisticated text editor. Also installed Notepad++ "just in case." NP++ has a neat context menu option "Edit with Notepad++" appearing in any context. In prior Windows versions the...
  8. Create Shortcut on context menu

Create Shortcut on context menu: Is there a way to take "Desktop - Create Shortcut" from the send to menu and put it on the top menu? 96298
  9. delete context menu entry

delete context menu entry: Hello every one,cannot delete specific entry [img] have uninstalled,cleaned registry entries with RevoUninstaller and CCleaner,manually looked for all entries in Registry Editor,used Shellex and Shellview,nothing seems to handle it.Any hints? 13024
  10. Creating a new entry in the context menu

Creating a new entry in the context menu: Hello from Germany. Is it possible to create a new entry in the context menu in "new"? I often need an empty paint-pic. For example: [img] Thank you. 39917