Windows 10: Creating a scheduled task for restore points

Discus and support Creating a scheduled task for restore points in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've read and watched videos on how to create a monthly or three monthly Restore Point but cannot get past the following "you must enter a task name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rubert Mumps, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Creating a scheduled task for restore points

I've read and watched videos on how to create a monthly or three monthly Restore Point but cannot get past the following "you must enter a task name and at least one action" ... the videos that I've watched do not mention this. Can anyone point out to me how to do this?

:)

Rubert Mumps, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Wally1 Win User

Task Scheduler does not create Restore Points

Task Scheduler does not create Restore Points. I can create them manually but not with Task Scheduler. When the time comes for Task Scheduler to work, nothing happens. There are no error messages. No history entries are relevant. I have Windows 10
    Pro, Version 1607, Build 14393.1066.

Wally1, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Creating a scheduled task for restore points

Attempting to create task in Task Scheduler (Restore Points)

Not sure what a GUI is

Not sure what a Command Line is or Syntanx

I'm going to Task Scheduler / Microsoft / Windows / System Restore and on the far right I'm clicking on Create Task. Then I go to the Triggers Tab and can create it on the monthly thingy but after that, it's pads up because when I go to OK it, I get this
    exciting "you must enter a task name and at least one action".

I have no clue as to what that is, although it's not because I've haven't tried.

Rubert Mumps, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Creating a scheduled task for restore points

Scheduled Restore Points Not Appearing

Hi.

I'm using Task Scheduler to create daily restore points on Windows 10. The scheduler reports that the tasks runs and returns a 0x0 code. But the restore point it presumably created does not show up in the list of available restore points. Any thoughts
    about why this is not working?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Hesley

Thomas Hesley, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Creating a scheduled task for restore points

1. Creating a scheduled task for restore points - Similar Threads - Creating scheduled task

2. How to create scheduled system restore points?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create scheduled system restore points?: No matter what I do, system restores points always disappear. Even those that happened recently.1- I want to schedule it every month and never gets deleted.I do give it all data needed... I have it set as maximum hard-drive space....
  3. Don't see Restore Points created by Scheduled Task

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Don't see Restore Points created by Scheduled Task: Restore Points that I manuallyinitiate show up okay in the list under System Restore. Restore Points initiated through System Restore by Task Scheduler do notshow up, although the Task Scheduler indicates that the task completed successfully. Task Scheduler history is...
  4. Unable to Create Restore Point on Schedule

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to Create Restore Point on Schedule: How do I create a "Create Restore Point on Schedule" when I don't have a password? I used to have a schedule that worked until I upgraded to 2004. Thanks for any help! 159252
  5. Unable to Create Restore Point on Schedule

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Create Restore Point on Schedule: How do I create a "Create Restore Point on Schedule" when I don't have a password? I used to have a schedule that worked until I upgraded to 2004. Thanks for any help! 159252
  6. Task Scheduler Restore Point deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Scheduler Restore Point deleted: BACKGROUND: I am attempting to create a Restore Point on 4 different computers in my office. I am successfully able to manually create a restore point using powershell.exe. Action: -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "Checkpoint-Computer -Description \"BDRE-CHRIS Restore...
  7. Creating restore points on a schedule?

Creating restore points on a schedule?: Is there a way to get Win 10 to create system restore points on a schedule (e.g. once a day)? 117236
  8. create restore point using task scheduler windows 10 Home

create restore point using task scheduler windows 10 Home: create restore point using task scheduler windows 10 Home I am certain this has been covered somewhere, but can't find it....maybe could be added to restore point tutorials section.. did in create one but never seemed to work.. thanks 19973
  9. Scheduled Instant Restore Point - No Restore Point Created

Scheduled Instant Restore Point - No Restore Point Created: I followed the instruction to manually create a Manual Restore Point and that works fine. Then I decided to set up the task in the Task Scheduler to automatically create a restore point once daily. For some reason the task is started as it should but it never completes and I...
  10. Task Scheduler fails to schedule Restore Point Creation

Task Scheduler fails to schedule Restore Point Creation: I have set up the following in Task Scheduler:- [img] However it does not work! Any ideas anyone? PS: How can I enable history? 31873