Windows 10: Creating a Shortcut for Display Settings

Discus and support Creating a Shortcut for Display Settings in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am looking for a way to create a Keyboard Shortcut that switches my display setup for Windows 10 So essentially I am looking for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by oQ21cSOv, May 4, 2021.

1. oQ21cSOv Win User

Creating a Shortcut for Display Settings

I am looking for a way to create a Keyboard Shortcut that switches my display setup for Windows 10 So essentially I am looking for a command/macro/shortcut/bat file that when it's run Screen A becomes the Primary Screen and Screen B becomes the Secondary screen, and an opposite command/macro/shortcut/bat file that when it's run Screen B becomes Primary and Screen A becomes the main Do you know of a way to do this without installing additional programs?

:)

oQ21cSOv, May 4, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Hi, this tenforums tutorial includes an option to create a shortcut which appears to meet your need.
    Create Display Switch shortcut in Windows 10

(I searched the tutorials section for you).

Having created a shortcut you can assign a hotkey.

Hope that's what you're looking for.

dalchina, May 4, 2021
  3. Display Settings Shortcuts Needed

Because of my vision I need to quickly change display setting between 125, 150, and 175 as well shifting between portrait and landscape orientation -- all without having to call up the Display Settings page.

Example. I need 175% to clearly see the file tree but that is too much for web browsing. There I use 125 or 150%.

Some web pages do not adjust for portrait. Clipping from the right and left is common. The only solution is to turn the monitor, a 23 or so inch HP that pivots on a stand, and change the orientation in the Display panel settings. This is a BIG pain. Reducing Firefox magnification restores the edges, but the letters are too small to read easily.

I have not been able to find a method for creating such shortcuts on the web.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

All comments and suggestions will be welcome.

mikeincousa, May 4, 2021
  4. Flava0ne Win User

Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

I've created a Batch file which calls on the following VB Script to be able to create a shortcut to my desktop:

VB Script (named createLink.vbs):
    Code: set objWSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") set objFso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") ' command line arguments ' TODO: error checking sShortcut = objWSHShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(WScript.Arguments.Item(0)) sTargetPath = objWSHShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings(WScript.Arguments.Item(1)) sWorkingDirectory = objFso.GetAbsolutePathName(sShortcut) set objSC = objWSHShell.CreateShortcut(sShortcut) objSC.TargetPath = sTargetPath objSC.WorkingDirectory = sWorkingDirectory objSC.Save[/quote] Batch File Example (for Windows Notepad):
    Code: @Echo off cscript createLink.vbs "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Notepad.lnk" "C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe"[/quote] But after creating the shortcut using this method, I'm not able to assign a custom icon for the shortcut. I get the following error message when trying to do so:

Creating a Shortcut for Display Settings Error503.jpg

Any help and ideas on what I need to put into the VB Script and/or Batch File to be able to do this would be greatly appreciated! *Big Grin Creating a Shortcut for Display Settings :D

Also, I know that I can simply do this by going to Start Menu\All Programs\Accessories\ right-clicking on Notepad and selecting Send to\Desktop (create shortcut). Easy enough for creating a single shortcut. But I need to create several multiple shortcuts and using this Batch/VBS method would really save me a lot of time in doing so.

Flava0ne, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Creating a Shortcut for Display Settings - Similar Threads - Creating Shortcut Display

2. How to create a shortcut in Windows that displays the clipboard

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create a shortcut in Windows that displays the clipboard: Helló! How to create a shortcut in Windows that displays the clipboard? I'm looking for the equivalent of a shortcut for the "Win+V" command key. 147134
  3. How to create a desktop shortcut to this settings menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to create a desktop shortcut to this settings menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PleasantSport [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9z9xi/how_to_create_a_desktop_shortcut_to_this_settings/
  4. How to create a shortcut to the "Advanced display settings" page

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to create a shortcut to the "Advanced display settings" page: I was able to find the URI for the regular display settings page and make a shortcut page but not for the advanced display settings. I'd like it for the advanced display since that's where you change your resolution and I do that often. Thanks 70718
  5. Display Settings Shortcuts Needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Settings Shortcuts Needed: Because of my vision I need to quickly change display setting between 125, 150, and 175 as well shifting between portrait and landscape orientation -- all without having to call up the Display Settings page. Example. I need 175% to clearly see the file tree but that is too...
  6. Create Theme Settings shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Theme Settings shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Theme Settings shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Theme Settings Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the desktop background, colors, sounds,...
  7. Create Display Switch shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Display Switch shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Display Switch shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Display Switch shortcut in Windows 10 Display Switch (aka: "Project" or "Second Screen") is used to change the presentation mode of the main display of your Windows 10 device or PC to display on either...
  8. Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Settings shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Network & Internet,...
  9. Create Taskbar Settings shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Taskbar Settings shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Taskbar Settings shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Taskbar Settings Shortcut in Windows 10 The taskbar is the long horizontal bar at the bottom of your desktop. You can customize to have taskbar buttons group together or not when you have multiple...
  10. Create Cortana Settings Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Cortana Settings Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Cortana Settings Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and the version of Cortana you’re using,...