Windows 10: Creating a shortcut for printer/scanner

Discus and support Creating a shortcut for printer/scanner in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can not figure out a way to create a shortcut for my Canon MG5220 onto my desktop. I no longer have the installation cd. But I have however installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KevinMcAdams1, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Creating a shortcut for printer/scanner

I can not figure out a way to create a shortcut for my Canon MG5220 onto my desktop. I no longer have the installation cd. But I have however installed the current driver. But on the start menu I'm not seeing the printer to right click on it. I've read many of the posts explaining how to do it. Please help as its taking me many minutes just to scan a document onto the PC every time.

:)

KevinMcAdams1, Feb 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 recognizes my printer+scanner only as a printer.

Hello,

Another method you may try is to uninstall and reinstall the printer. The following are the steps:

Remove your printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & scanners, find the printer, select it, and then select Remove device.

Install or add a local printer

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.
    • Under Printers & Scanners, see if your printer is installed.
    • If you don’t see your device, select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find available printers, choose the one you want, and then select Add device.

On the other hand, we suggest also that you reach out the manufacturer of your printer/scanner for the driver availability or work around.

Regards.

JohnMel And, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Create a printer shortcut in Windows 10?

Press Windows key + R

Type: control printers

Hit Enter

Right click your Prnter/scanner

Click Create shortcut

It will add one to the desktop

or

Press Windows key + R

Type: shell:appsfolder

Hit Enter

Look for your printer or scanner app

Resize the window, select the shortcut then drag and drop it on the desktop.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Rohn007 Win User

Creating a shortcut for printer/scanner

Create a printer shortcut in Windows 10?

When you installed the printer/scanner, it should have created a SCAN shortcut in the start menu. Right click on it, there should be a an option to pin to the Start menu. In the More option, there should be an option to "open file location". Open it then
    right click and drag that program to the desktop to create a shortcut on the desktop.

Rohn007, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Creating a shortcut for printer/scanner

1. Creating a shortcut for printer/scanner - Similar Threads - Creating shortcut printer

2. Scanner to Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner to Printer: Hello, I have scanned an instruction sheep which is 6" X 4", and I would like to print it as an A4 size, making the instruction lettering larger, I have poor eyesight and cannot read the instructions properly, Is there a way to do this please, I woud appreciate any help yo...
  3. create a desktop shortcut for a printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a desktop shortcut for a printer: How do I create a desktop shortcut in Windows 10 for a printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-desktop-shortcut-for-a-printer/86732439-44f4-4406-a7c0-de42c5e8a5e4
  4. printer/scanner

printer/scanner: I have a Brother MFC multifunctional printer when I go into it now I cant select the scanning option well it is not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printerscanner/17414f47-8f6c-4f26-baa8-df3bc61b1830
  5. printer and scanner

printer and scanner: my scanner not show on destop so I can not scan any documents. Kindly help me. thanks Hariom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-and-scanner/40e6688e-ebb6-40e7-96e0-b371dbcb9733
  6. Printer/scanner

Printer/scanner: I have an epson XP-610 printer and scanner. I have the printer connected to my new laptop, but when I try to scan it says the scanner is not connected. I am using Windows 10 can you help?...
  7. scanner and printer

scanner and printer: build 10049; i'm able to print but when i scan i get this error message ; i change location but i get the same error; can some one help, sure appreciated [img] 5355
  8. Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows [img] Information Devices and Printers (aka: Device Stage), gives you a quick view and access of all of your connected and wireless devices on your computer in one place. By viewing the contents of this folder, you...
  9. Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows [img] Information The Printers folder allows you to see all printers in one location to make it easy to manage them. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Printers folder shortcut in Windows 7,...
  10. Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information The print queue shows the status of what documents have been sent from the computer to the printer and are waiting to be printed. If you have a local or network printer connected to your PC, it could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shortcut test scan for canonrunner2206

2. creating a shortcut for the printer scanner on the desktop