Windows 10: Creating a Shortcut link on my deck top from the Start Menu Carried the background colour...

Discus and support Creating a Shortcut link on my deck top from the Start Menu Carried the background colour... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I created a New Short cut link for Messenger by dragging the icon from the start menu to my Desktop. It has also carried the background colour with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TonyB66, Jul 19, 2021.

1. TonyB66 Win User

Creating a Shortcut link on my deck top from the Start Menu Carried the background colour...

I created a New Short cut link for Messenger by dragging the icon from the start menu to my Desktop. It has also carried the background colour with the icon. How do I remove the background colour from behind the new Shortcut Icon?

:)

TonyB66, Jul 19, 2021
  2. Harpert Win User

How to create shortcuts for start menu?

1. First of all right-click on the file which you want to pin to Start Screen and select "Create shortcut" option to create a shortcut of the file.

2. Now copy and paste following text in RUN dialog box and press Enter:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\

It'll open the classic "Start Menu" folder which is still used to store Start Screen shortcuts similar to previous Windows versions.

3. Now cut the file shortcut which you created in step 1 and paste it in "Start Menu" folder which you opened in step 2.

4. Now go to Start Screen and press "Ctrl+Tab" keys together to show "All Apps" page.

Pin_New_Items_Windows_8_Start_Screen.png

5. Here you'll see the file shortcut which you created earlier. Right-click on the file shortcut and click on "Pin to Start" option.

That's it. It'll immediately pin the file shortcut to Start Screen.

NOTE: If the shortcut doesn't appear in "All Apps" screen, try to move the shortcut from "Start Menu" folder to "Start Menu\Programs" folder.

Harpert, Jul 19, 2021
  3. decimus Win User
    Start menu icons background edit

I'm trying to make the start menu look more or less color-consistent, but some apps in the list stand out and create contrast. Is there a way to edit the icon background to make it the same blue as the rest in the list? I know how to change the shortcut icon but couldn't find the ones with an identical blue background.

Creating a Shortcut link on my deck top from the Start Menu Carried the background colour... [​IMG]

decimus, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Creating a Shortcut link on my deck top from the Start Menu Carried the background colour...

How to pin shortcut to start menu.

At first, you can create a shortcut in your Programs folder
    (in a hidden folder C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs). The shortcut appears in
    All apps list. Then you can pin it to Start menu / Taskbar as Mayank Gupta10 suggested.

The common way is to create a shortcut on the Desktop.
    But the more elegant way is creating Custom toolbars.

Sergiy Shklyar, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

Creating a Shortcut link on my deck top from the Start Menu Carried the background colour...

1. Creating a Shortcut link on my deck top from the Start Menu Carried the background colour... - Similar Threads - Creating Shortcut link

2. Create shortcut by dragging the link from the address bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create shortcut by dragging the link from the address bar: Why in the hell did windows do away with this feature? Instead of a folder there is an icon of a monitor. I am unable to click on the monitor and drag it into the contents of the folder to create a shortcut....
  3. Start menu colour inconsistency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu colour inconsistency: I set the colour accent to blue and chose the option to show it in the start menu and taskbar, but when I type something in the start menu it reverts to black. This behaviour is not present on my other machine. Can someone help please?...
  4. Start menu colour inconsistency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu colour inconsistency: I set the colour accent to blue and chose the option to show it in the start menu and taskbar, but when I type something in the start menu it reverts to black. This behaviour is not present on my other machine. Can someone help please?...
  5. Windows Start Menu Icon - Can I remove background colour from Icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Menu Icon - Can I remove background colour from Icons?: Windows Version 1909. Hi, I'm new here. Can't seem to find what I'm looking for, so thought I'd ask here. Apologies if this is a duplicate post. Is there a way to remove the background colour on Icons? And also, is there a way to make the icon use the whole box/tile...
  6. Start Shortcuts Background

Start Shortcuts Background: Hello! I have recently installed Windows 10 Pro on a new drive and then I have proceeded with installing all the applications I need. Then I encountered the following problem: Click to see image I cannot understand why, on the right-hand side, some of the shortcuts...
  7. deck top icon

deck top icon: I'm missing a few decktops icon and wish to know where are https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deck-top-icon/511464e1-3351-420d-9d64-fb8b62f6e17f
  8. Creating a shortcut to trigger a shortcut in a background program?

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a shortcut to trigger a shortcut in a background program?: I am transcribing audio, I have an audio program running in the background while I have a text program open to do the typing. I use ctrl + , as a shortcut in the audio program a lot, its the rewind function, but as it is, I have to keep switching out of the text program to...
  9. Start menu not changing colours

Start menu not changing colours: [ATTACH] Like in the picture my start menu background is not the same color as my accent color And yes i made sure the "show accent on start menu taskbar" is ticked...
  10. How to create shortcuts for start menu?

in Browsers and Email
    How to create shortcuts for start menu?: I am at my wits end with this issue: I started to populate my start menu with shortcuts (tiles) for things like google finance, flagler live news, etc..all websites by hitting "pin to start" in the new edge browser. I have now made Opera my default browser, so now I...