Windows 10: Creating a special function shortcut macro in Window !0

Discus and support Creating a special function shortcut macro in Window !0 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using the one line of text below i can load text into clipboard Code: type c:\scripts\test.txt | clip[/quote] putting that into a new shortcut and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by questorfla, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Creating a special function shortcut macro in Window !0

Using the one line of text below i can load text into clipboard
    Code: type c:\scripts\test.txt | clip[/quote] putting that into a new shortcut and assigning the preferred hotkeys works fine
    The final step was to paste the text into the current document at the point of focus where the mouse cursor is flashing. Ctrl+alt+any assigned key loads the text but the paste option is still a separate step.

How can i add Paste to the end of the setup so that ctrl+alt+(any key) will copy the text to the document as needed without any further action. Basically, adding Ctl+V to the newly created macro

:)

questorfla, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Barman58 Win User

Creating macros

To use the included feature in windows, create your macro and save it to be used later, (this should be listed in the macro software), next create a standard shortcut to work with the saved macro - Right click on desktop and new then shortcut, enter the code to run the macro in the Target box, and then click on the Shortcut Key box and press the CTRL and or Alt, and or Shift and a Letter key together to create an entry which will be assigned to start the macro when pressed- Repeat this for other macros as needed

Creating a special function shortcut macro in Window !0 [​IMG]

Barman58, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Plankton Win User
    Creating macros

N

Nice....I'll have to give this a try just to see.

Plankton, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Barman58 Win User

Creating a special function shortcut macro in Window !0

Creating macros

There should be specific instructions to action the macro in the Tiny Task "Manual"

However if you can save the macro as a file for actioning, you could create a regular shortcut to the macro file and then assign a key sequence in the properties of the shortcut, (this is an old and often forgotten feature of windows shortcuts that's been around since Windows 3.1 at least)

Barman58, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Creating a special function shortcut macro in Window !0

1. Creating a special function shortcut macro in Window !0 - Similar Threads - Creating special function

2. Special Function Key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Special Function Key not working: I have an Lenovo Ideapad S145 And lenovo has their own set of special functions Volume up/down, Mic On/Off, Touchpad Enabled/Disabled etc.For some reason the Camera Privacy Mode on/off function key doesnt work When I click it shows the screen overlay as camera off but it...
  3. Help creating a macro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help creating a macro: I want to create a macro that will show/hide the icons on desktop thanks in advance submitted by /u/SLIP2309 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9xmnw/help_creating_a_macro/
  4. How to create a shortcut or macro key to open picture folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to create a shortcut or macro key to open picture folder: I have a Logitech mouse that can program macro keys but I couldn't find a way to make it open the picture folder. I can open the regular folder. Anyone have an idea how to pin to the task bar or how create a shortcut on the keyboard or mouse to open picture folder? submitted...
  5. Windows Speech Reckognition Macros special keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Speech Reckognition Macros special keys: Hi, I am starting to use that app and trying to make it trigger the 'F5' special key. Tried {{f5}}, that did not work. Any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-speech-reckognition-macros-special-keys/a2c1b421-294b-45e9-840f-dbfc7a502523
  6. Special keys and function keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Special keys and function keys: Recently I started having a problem with the special keys and function keys. When I want to enlarge or decrease the volume F6 ,F7, F8 nothing happens or select the pages link, or when I press F5 it's resets the whole page that I was. I tried to look for something at the...
  7. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Shortcut Keys Macro/Macros functionality (keyboard centre...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Shortcut Keys Macro/Macros functionality (keyboard centre...: Has anyone heard if Microsoft have updated software to be able to map keys to text input macros? Many users of assistive input tech. require these functions to overcome disabilities and repetitive strain injury. Have we made any progress? The old natural keyboard (with...
  8. Add a shortcut to an Excel Macro

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Add a shortcut to an Excel Macro: W10 and Excel. I have several macros in my personal.xls all activated from a customized ribbon or Quick Access. I would like to add a KB shortcut to 2 of them. I know I should have done that when I created them but I did not realize then how helpful it would have been My bad...
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise Create Macro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise Create Macro: Can someone please tell me how to create a text macro to run in Outlook for my work computer. It's running Windows 10 Enterprise. Thanks....
  10. Creating macros

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creating macros: I know macros are rarely used anymore, but I want to use macro to record and replay email address that I',m sick of typing. So, using small program named TINY TASK, I create the macro but don't know how to assign it to a key on keyboard (generic, as I just spilled coffee in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. linking macro to exicute when a shortcut is activated in windows