Windows 10: Creating a system back up ISO image to USB

Discus and support Creating a system back up ISO image to USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've just done a fresh W10 install. I'd like to create an ISO that I can use rufus (or similar/better?) to create a bootable image from USB that I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MR Easy Guns, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Creating a system back up ISO image to USB

I've just done a fresh W10 install. I'd like to create an ISO that I can use rufus (or similar/better?) to create a bootable image from USB that I can install Windows that includes all of my essential drivers and programs already installed.

Is this possible? What's the best method?

Thank you

:)

MR Easy Guns, Mar 17, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Mar 17, 2019
  3. regism Win User
    How to create Windows 10 system image on a usb flash drive

Thanks Maria:

I made a system image on a USB flash drive using the tools available in Windows 10. I want to make this image bootable so that I can reinstall it on my computer from the same USB flash drive. Can I do this using the method you have suggested?

If not, can you or anyone else tell me how to do this?

Thanks again,

Regis

regism, Mar 17, 2019
  4. Creating a system back up ISO image to USB

Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Creating a system back up ISO image to USB

1. Creating a system back up ISO image to USB - Similar Threads - Creating system ISO

2. Why can't I create a system image or back up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I create a system image or back up?: I'm trying to back up my files and make a system image. Everytime I try it says back completed but some files are missing. When I try to make the system image it comes up and says failed because user cancelled. Any insight as to why this is happening would be appreciated....
  3. Why can't I create a system image or back up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I create a system image or back up?: I'm trying to back up my files and make a system image. Everytime I try it says back completed but some files are missing. When I try to make the system image it comes up and says failed because user cancelled. Any insight as to why this is happening would be appreciated....
  4. Backing up system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up system image: If I back up a system image on an external storage, will it erase the existing data on the external storage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-system-image/8f04a05f-43b6-4633-b212-400d17fd1a81
  5. recovering the created system image back to the laptop

recovering the created system image back to the laptop: Hello, I have 2 different system images from two different laptops A oldest, & B newest on an external hard drive. When I try to restore to computer A, windows 10 only gives the the newest system image to restore system image B, rather than system image A. How can I get...
  6. System Image Back Up

System Image Back Up: How should I prepare my hard drive for a system image back up to DVD/CD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-image-back-up/d7cd84c5-5317-451e-8f95-d580a3f22aff
  7. Creating A System Image For Back-up By Using the Command Line

Creating A System Image For Back-up By Using the Command Line: Summary: This discussion covers creating a system image to back up your entire computer by using the command line. More Information: Normally, creating a system image can be done by accessing Control Panel->Back-up and Restore Centre (Windows 7)->Create a system image....
  8. Create System Image to USB

Create System Image to USB: Just got a new Dell PC with Windows 10 and I want ti create a disk image in case I need to restore my system to factory settings but do not see how I can do that to a USB drive and would appreciate your help....
  9. Back up System Image

Back up System Image: Hello, I have HP pavilion laptop, and want to make System Image Back up by: Back up and Restore (Windows 7) ==> Create a system image. I have 2 physical disks in my laptop: A- Disk 0 (SSD): Windows(C) + Windows RE tools. B- Disk 1 (HDD): 1- Data (D) 2- HP Factory...
  10. System Image Back Up

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Back Up: Trying to do a system image back up on Windows 10.Get error 0x80042302.Shows back up disc disconnected.It is connected.In file history it shows the hard drive any more deals ? 60169