Windows 10: creating a system recovery disk

Discus and support creating a system recovery disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Setting up windows backup; if my laptop drive dies, how do I create a disk to begin recovery process? Is cloning a better option?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jpwiz123, May 15, 2019.

1. jpwiz123 Win User

creating a system recovery disk

Setting up windows backup; if my laptop drive dies, how do I create a disk to begin recovery process? Is cloning a better option?

:)

jpwiz123, May 15, 2019
  2. aasaro Win User

Create a recovery disk

I wanted to create a recovery disk to avoid latest updates conflicting with my settings and my installed apps. However system is telling me it is not possible to create it. Any suggestion?

Thanks

aasaro, May 15, 2019
  3. Cannot create a recovery disk on my "Upgraded" W10 systems

Hi Jorg,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about creating a recovery disk on Windows 10.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Also refer to the below Microsoft article: Refresh is part of reset in Windows 10

And: Repair & recovery

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 15, 2019
  4. creating a system recovery disk

Recovery Disks

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to create a recovery disk, follow the steps below:

• Type “Recovery” in search box and press Enter.
    • Select the option to create a recovery disc and follow the prompts to create a recovery disc.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, May 15, 2019
Thema:

creating a system recovery disk

1. creating a system recovery disk - Similar Threads - creating system recovery

2. Create Windows 11 System Repair Disk and a Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create Windows 11 System Repair Disk and a Recovery Drive: I created a Windows "System Repair disk" on an external USB DVD disk, using the Control Panel selected Backup and Restore Windows 7.I also created a "Recovery Drive" on an external USB Flash drive, from the "Settings" screen.When I look at the contents on both of them, I...
  3. Problems creating a recovery disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems creating a recovery disk: I cant seem to create a recovery disk for my Windows 10 computer.The recovery disk tool opens ok. I tick the box to create a recovery disk, press next, insert a 128GB empty USB stick, my Virus checker tells me it is inserted but the recovery disk tool does not recognise...
  4. Problems creating a recovery disk

Problems creating a recovery disk: I cant seem to create a recovery disk for my Windows 10 computer.The recovery disk tool opens ok. I tick the box to create a recovery disk, press next, insert a 128GB empty USB stick, my Virus checker tells me it is inserted but the recovery disk tool does not recognise...
  5. Problems creating a recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Error creating a system recovery disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error creating a system recovery disk: When trying to create a system recovery disk, I get an error stating that the media I'm using to create the recovery disk, a 700 MB CD, is too small. There is no other option for creating a recovery other than CD and I don't think they make larger capacity CDs so what's going...
  7. Error creating a system recovery disk

Error creating a system recovery disk: When trying to create a system recovery disk, I get an error stating that the media I'm using to create the recovery disk, a 700 MB CD, is too small. There is no other option for creating a recovery other than CD and I don't think they make larger capacity CDs so what's going...
  8. Error creating a system recovery disk

9. can't create recovery disk

can't create recovery disk: My Dell XPS 13 9300, Win10 Pro x64, five hours out of the carton, all updates installed, fails while writing the recovery disk to a 16GB USB flash drive. "A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive." It also leaves the drive in an odd state with no partition or...
  10. Can't create recovery disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create recovery disk: In create recovery disk with the save system files option. I get "unable to create recovery disk". If create without the system files option it creates ok. Don Cole 113704