Windows 10: Creating a system restore in an external hard drive

Discus and support Creating a system restore in an external hard drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have windows 10 installed on my ssd in laptop.I want to create a backup of the windows only and store in my external hdd in a way that I would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nishanthada, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Creating a system restore in an external hard drive

I have windows 10 installed on my ssd in laptop.I want to create a backup of the windows only and store in my external hdd in a way that I would be able to use remaining space on external drive normally and restore from it if something bad /u/nishanthada
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nishanthada, Nov 2, 2019
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Creating a system restore in an external hard drive

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Creating a system restore in an external hard drive

1. Creating a system restore in an external hard drive - Similar Threads - Creating system restore

2. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a backup on an external hard drive: Hello,I wanted to create a backup on an external hard drive Toshiba Canvio. When I connect the drive to the USB port tried all of the available ones in my laptop, I can see the files stored in the drive, save files to the drive and basically perform all the operations on the...
  3. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a backup on an external hard drive: Hello,I wanted to create a backup on an external hard drive Toshiba Canvio. When I connect the drive to the USB port tried all of the available ones in my laptop, I can see the files stored in the drive, save files to the drive and basically perform all the operations on the...
  4. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Create external hard drive recovery drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create external hard drive recovery drive: Attach the external hard drive to which the recovery is required. Insert a USB flash or use DVD drive, these are not the target drive but are required by the recovery software otherwise it will not work..So click on Control Panel, select Recovery then Create a Rcovery...
  6. Create external hard drive recovery drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create external hard drive recovery drive: Attach the external hard drive to which the recovery is required. Insert a USB flash or use DVD drive, these are not the target drive but are required by the recovery software otherwise it will not work..So click on Control Panel, select Recovery then Create a Rcovery...
  7. Can't Create System Image on External Hard Drive

Can't Create System Image on External Hard Drive: Recently my ssd had started failing so I replaced it with 2 new ones. I'm trying to transfer the os from the old ssd to the new one. I read online that I need to make a system repair disc and a system image. I was able to create the system repair disc with no issues however I...
  8. Create System Image of External Drive

Create System Image of External Drive: My mother's Dell 5566 laptop died mid-use last week - pretty sure it's the mobo. She hasn't backed up recently so she wants to do that before she takes it in to get fixed I'm working on it with her remotely. Got her a SATA cable to check it using another laptop and it's...
  9. Restore System Image From External Hard Drive

Restore System Image From External Hard Drive: Ok, so here's the situation... I'll start out with the fact that I'm somewhat tech savvy. I'm 36, and have been working on computers since I was 6. I taught myself BASIC at 10. I'm no expert, but I'm not your average user. I normally search for my solutions on the internet,...
  10. Restoring from external hard drive

Restoring from external hard drive: My old laptop became non-functional (bad motherboard), so I uninstalled my SSD hard drive and have been using it as an external hard drive. Now, I would like to install everything on this external hard drive including the OS and files onto a new laptop. How can I do this?...