Windows 10: creating a VM

Discus and support creating a VM in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I would like to create a VM, and I have watch video's on how to do this. The end product of what I'm looking for is to install Windows 11 on my F drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by timlab55, Jul 19, 2021.

1. timlab55 Win User

creating a VM

I would like to create a VM, and I have watch video's on how to do this. The end product of what I'm looking for is to install Windows 11 on my F drive (SSD (500gb)). I've already found and made my windows 11.ISO file as well which is over on my C drive. If I create a VM and try and run the windows 11 ISO file, I get either one of these errors (See attached Problem #1 and #2). So what am I doing wrong here? Thanks Dan

:)

timlab55, Jul 19, 2021
  2. Derek12 Win User

Running your Browser in a VM?

• Install VMware Player or Virtualbox, VMware being faster in my experience
    • Create a VM with sufficent RAM HD and all CPU cores
    • Install Ubuntu/Linux Mint/Debian or some lightweight distro with Xcfe or LXDE
    • Install VMware/Virtualbox tools
    • Almost any distro comes with Firefox
    • Install Ublock Origin/Noscript/Ghostery
    • Disable cookies with a whitelist/use private browsing.
    In my experience, running a browser through a VM can slow down scrolling smoothness, video playback and increase ping delay

Derek12, Jul 19, 2021
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Windows 10 VM license

Exactly.

When you go to the evaluation site you can download a complete ISO of Windows 10.

Below is a link step by step with screen shots on how to create a VM in Hyper-V using the ISO that you download from the evaluation site.

Link says Windows 8.1 but works the same in Windows 10.

The trial copies are fully functional so it is perfect for testing purposes.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/20...

SarahKong, Jul 19, 2021
  4. TFMorgan Win User

creating a VM

Hyper-V start error with Win 8.1 VM?

WooHoo, that worked!

Thanks for the suggestion. Creating a new VM using the existing vhdx got the VM going again.

Thank you,

Turner

TFMorgan, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

creating a VM

1. creating a VM - Similar Threads - creating

2. New to O365 Hosting my web page here, but unable to create new users with my domain name - help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New to O365 Hosting my web page here, but unable to create new users with my domain name - help: cannot create a new user with my domain name attached,, ir. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-to-o365-hosting-my-web-page-here-but-unable-to/c54223de-e5df-4833-b5a2-09c5e57b00a2
  3. MKDIR and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MKDIR and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder....: It is about the known problem, but in a different context: it is not possible to create a subdirectory in the user/XXXXX/documents directory. The work around has already been described here. I have the problem with a JavaApp: all attempts to create a subdirectory in the...
  4. Can preserve date created & date modified date and timestamp?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can preserve date created & date modified date and timestamp?: How can I preserve the date created & date modified date & timestamps when copying/moving between laptop and onedrive? I have tried to use softwares like vice versa pro below but it doesn't work. Are there other software solutions that can solve this problem or is there a way...
  5. How to create a symbolic link in command line and safe start in directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create a symbolic link in command line and safe start in directory: Hello,Simple question complicated task. When dragging and dropping in Windows and clicking "Create Shortcut here", it creates shortcut and saves "Start in" original directory for that bat file.mklink command line does not have that option.Is that possible?thanks in advance....
  6. How to decrypt photos that another user created and are owned by...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to decrypt photos that another user created and are owned by...: I have a Windows 10 PC 10.0.19043.1110, and I have these images that were shot in 2008. However whenever I try to access it, I get this error message saying that I do not have permissions to read the file. I can rename the file though. In addition, if I try to copy it or move...
  7. Visual Studio not creating .exe for C++ Program.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio not creating .exe for C++ Program.: Visual Studio not creating .exe for C++ Program. As a student, I have Visual Studio 2022 Preview. I installed it just yesterday and have the workloads,1. ASP.NET and Web Development2. Node.js development3. .NET Desktop Development4. Desktop Development with C++5. Universal...
  8. Creating a Batch File Example

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a Batch File Example: Hey All, I am not looking for someone to do the work for me, I'm trying to get a general idea of what I need to start at. It's been a few years since I've done a batch file and Windows 10 is so different than Windows 7. I am essentially wanting a batch file, that if I type a...
  9. How to 'Create account' with a non-functioning OS?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to 'Create account' with a non-functioning OS?: Yesterday I offered to set up my wife's new HP laptop with Windows 10. Everything went smoothly until the "Sign in with Microsoft" screen. It called for an email address, and as it is my wife's computer I entered hers. The response was "Invalid email". For a horrible moment I...
  10. Unable to Send to Desktop - Create Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Send to Desktop - Create Shortcut: I am creating a new thread since my original problem "Unable to create Desktop Short cut nor New Folder in Windows 10" has been closed as solved. Wanted to report the following for those who responded to the problem: Feedback Report I have logged as Administrator and found...