Windows 10: creating a VM

Discus and support creating a VM in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I would like to create a VM, and I have watch video's on how to do this. The end product of what I'm looking for is to install Windows 11 on my F drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by timlab55, Jul 19, 2021.

1. timlab55 Win User

creating a VM

I would like to create a VM, and I have watch video's on how to do this. The end product of what I'm looking for is to install Windows 11 on my F drive (SSD (500gb)). I've already found and made my windows 11.ISO file as well which is over on my C drive. If I create a VM and try and run the windows 11 ISO file, I get either one of these errors (See attached Problem #1 and #2). So what am I doing wrong here? Thanks Dan

:)

timlab55, Jul 19, 2021
  2. Derek12 Win User

Running your Browser in a VM?

• Install VMware Player or Virtualbox, VMware being faster in my experience
    • Create a VM with sufficent RAM HD and all CPU cores
    • Install Ubuntu/Linux Mint/Debian or some lightweight distro with Xcfe or LXDE
    • Install VMware/Virtualbox tools
    • Almost any distro comes with Firefox
    • Install Ublock Origin/Noscript/Ghostery
    • Disable cookies with a whitelist/use private browsing.
    In my experience, running a browser through a VM can slow down scrolling smoothness, video playback and increase ping delay

Derek12, Jul 19, 2021
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Windows 10 VM license

Exactly.

When you go to the evaluation site you can download a complete ISO of Windows 10.

Below is a link step by step with screen shots on how to create a VM in Hyper-V using the ISO that you download from the evaluation site.

Link says Windows 8.1 but works the same in Windows 10.

The trial copies are fully functional so it is perfect for testing purposes.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/20...

SarahKong, Jul 19, 2021
  4. TFMorgan Win User

creating a VM

Hyper-V start error with Win 8.1 VM?

WooHoo, that worked!

Thanks for the suggestion. Creating a new VM using the existing vhdx got the VM going again.

Thank you,

Turner

TFMorgan, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

creating a VM

1. creating a VM - Similar Threads - creating

2. I accidently created a short cut folder within a folder, computer now in a loop how can I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidently created a short cut folder within a folder, computer now in a loop how can I...: I accidently created a short cut folder within a folder, computer now in a loop how can I stop it to delete shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-created-a-short-cut-folder-within-a/c6d42ecd-5530-40f0-a6f6-e690d06c68cf
  3. I accidently created a short cut folder within a folder, computer now in a loop how can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently created a short cut folder within a folder, computer now in a loop how can I...: I accidently created a short cut folder within a folder, computer now in a loop how can I stop it to delete shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-created-a-short-cut-folder-within-a/c6d42ecd-5530-40f0-a6f6-e690d06c68cf
  4. I accidently created a short cut folder within a folder, computer now in a loop how can I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Account created, can't open Document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account created, can't open Document: Hi Created MS365 acc to open a MS Document on laptop. It still refers to MSOffice Try, Buy, Activate. New to system, sorry. Is there an easy way to open the document. Thank you...
  6. Account created, can't open Document

Account created, can't open Document: Hi Created MS365 acc to open a MS Document on laptop. It still refers to MSOffice Try, Buy, Activate. New to system, sorry. Is there an easy way to open the document. Thank you...
  7. Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps: The only way I know of to create a desktop shortcut for an app is slightly complicated because I have to hunt down and search for the .exe file and then create a shortcut from that. This is a lot harder than it sounds because I find apps installed in multiple different...
  8. Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps

Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps: The only way I know of to create a desktop shortcut for an app is slightly complicated because I have to hunt down and search for the .exe file and then create a shortcut from that. This is a lot harder than it sounds because I find apps installed in multiple different...
  9. How to create a Windows 98 SE Boot Diskette

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a Windows 98 SE Boot Diskette: I want to create a Windows 98 SE boot disk for my IBM ThinkPad 600X, however I don't have a 3.5in Floppy Disk drive that is supported by Windows 98. Is there anyway to create a Boot Disk without a 3.5 FD Drive?...
  10. How to create a Windows 98 SE Boot Diskette

How to create a Windows 98 SE Boot Diskette: I want to create a Windows 98 SE boot disk for my IBM ThinkPad 600X, however I don't have a 3.5in Floppy Disk drive that is supported by Windows 98. Is there anyway to create a Boot Disk without a 3.5 FD Drive?...