Windows 10: creating a VM

Discus and support creating a VM in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I would like to create a VM, and I have watch video's on how to do this. The end product of what I'm looking for is to install Windows 11 on my F drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by timlab55, Jul 19, 2021.

1. timlab55 Win User

creating a VM

I would like to create a VM, and I have watch video's on how to do this. The end product of what I'm looking for is to install Windows 11 on my F drive (SSD (500gb)). I've already found and made my windows 11.ISO file as well which is over on my C drive. If I create a VM and try and run the windows 11 ISO file, I get either one of these errors (See attached Problem #1 and #2). So what am I doing wrong here? Thanks Dan

:)

timlab55, Jul 19, 2021
  2. Derek12 Win User

Running your Browser in a VM?

• Install VMware Player or Virtualbox, VMware being faster in my experience
    • Create a VM with sufficent RAM HD and all CPU cores
    • Install Ubuntu/Linux Mint/Debian or some lightweight distro with Xcfe or LXDE
    • Install VMware/Virtualbox tools
    • Almost any distro comes with Firefox
    • Install Ublock Origin/Noscript/Ghostery
    • Disable cookies with a whitelist/use private browsing.
    In my experience, running a browser through a VM can slow down scrolling smoothness, video playback and increase ping delay

Derek12, Jul 19, 2021
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Windows 10 VM license

Exactly.

When you go to the evaluation site you can download a complete ISO of Windows 10.

Below is a link step by step with screen shots on how to create a VM in Hyper-V using the ISO that you download from the evaluation site.

Link says Windows 8.1 but works the same in Windows 10.

The trial copies are fully functional so it is perfect for testing purposes.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/20...

SarahKong, Jul 19, 2021
  4. TFMorgan Win User

creating a VM

Hyper-V start error with Win 8.1 VM?

WooHoo, that worked!

Thanks for the suggestion. Creating a new VM using the existing vhdx got the VM going again.

Thank you,

Turner

TFMorgan, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

creating a VM

1. creating a VM - Similar Threads - creating

2. How to share custom sounds I created for Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to share custom sounds I created for Windows: I made a set of piano based sounds for standard Windows alerts that I really enjoy, and I'd like to be able to share them with people. Is there some way to create an app or exe file that would install the sounds for other people? submitted by /u/BeKindToEachOther6 [link]...
  3. List of drives to be indexed is not created correctly, cannot generate indexing properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    List of drives to be indexed is not created correctly, cannot generate indexing properly: I use windows 10I have multiple drives. When I try to re-index, ticked drives are not displayed correctly in the index list. If I tick C, D will appear in the index list. etc In the "serach" mask, I cannot delete several drives from the "folders to be excluded" list. How can...
  4. Windows Blue screen Driver Power State Failure but the mini dump is not being created.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Blue screen Driver Power State Failure but the mini dump is not being created.: User reports that once a week they get a Windows Blue screen Driver Power State Failure;And the eventviewer log does show some possibly its Synpatics Fingerprint reader or Wifi drivers of HP.But all drivers are updated via HP support assistant, and HP image assistant and...
  5. Windows Blue screen Driver Power State Failure but the mini dump is not being created.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Blue screen Driver Power State Failure but the mini dump is not being created.: User reports that once a week they get a Windows Blue screen Driver Power State Failure;And the eventviewer log does show some possibly its Synpatics Fingerprint reader or Wifi drivers of HP.But all drivers are updated via HP support assistant, and HP image assistant and...
  6. Windows Blue screen Driver Power State Failure but the mini dump is not being created.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create A Shortcut: I would like to create a shortcut that would be placed on my desktop. I have logged onto a webpage and want to create a shortcut. How do I do that? Thanks for any help with this,...
  8. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create A Shortcut: I would like to create a shortcut that would be placed on my desktop. I have logged onto a webpage and want to create a shortcut. How do I do that? Thanks for any help with this,...
  9. Create A Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Use an Azure AD Account as a template to create a new user on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use an Azure AD Account as a template to create a new user on a new laptop: Hello, My company uses Laptops which are Azure AD joined. After a user AccountA leaving the company, we need to create a new user AccountB on a new laptop with the same profile and applications as AccountA. Do you know if we are able to do it wiht powershell or a software? I...