Windows 10: Creating a VPN into my Windows machine

Discus and support Creating a VPN into my Windows machine in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’d like to be able to RDP in from the internet but I know exposing RDP to the internet is a really bad idea. That’s why I’d like to use a VPN; how can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FloatingMilkshake, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Creating a VPN into my Windows machine

I’d like to be able to RDP in from the internet but I know exposing RDP to the internet is a really bad idea. That’s why I’d like to use a VPN; how can I create a VPN into my Windows machine that isn’t a PPTP VPN (the devices I’d like to connect with don’t support PPTP)?

submitted by /u/FloatingMilkshake
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FloatingMilkshake, Apr 19, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Apr 19, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Creating a VPN into my Windows machine :D

P4-630, Apr 19, 2020
  4. wintertmm Win User

Creating a VPN into my Windows machine

creating a vpn connection

I tried to follow the step to create a vpn connection using my home ip address however when i try to connect to it it state no connection could be made because the target machine actively refuse it

wintertmm, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Creating a VPN into my Windows machine

1. Creating a VPN into my Windows machine - Similar Threads - Creating VPN machine

2. Cannot create virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create virtual machine: In multiple attempts I have not been able to create a virtual machine in Windows 10 that can enable mouse capture. Both Hyper-V and VirtualBox will create an Ubuntu server, but mouse capture cannot be enabled. I've tried two Windows 10 systems, each running 22H2, 19045.3803....
  3. Cannot create virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create virtual machine: In multiple attempts I have not been able to create a virtual machine in Windows 10 that can enable mouse capture. Both Hyper-V and VirtualBox will create an Ubuntu server, but mouse capture cannot be enabled. I've tried two Windows 10 systems, each running 22H2, 19045.3803....
  4. Cannot create virtual machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. New profile is created when remoting into machine over VPN instead of logging into existing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New profile is created when remoting into machine over VPN instead of logging into existing...: [ATTACH] Simple as the title. I've got a PC at a client's that's creating a new profile instead of logging into the existing account when logging in over VPN. The desktop only shows default icons, none of the network drives are mapped, etc. None of the other PC are having...
  6. Problem creating VPN profile Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem creating VPN profile Windows 10: I am trying to create a VPN profile on my windows 10 tablet so that I can then connect to my pricate network using the option on my Asus wireless router but I am unable to complete the process as it will not let me input all the required information before the entire dialog...
  7. Help creating a windows 10 VPN connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help creating a windows 10 VPN connection: so I’ve been trying to create a VPN for my windows 10 device to connect other windows 10 devices to it. I keep encountering an issue when making a new “ incoming connections”. I cannot change what type of tunnel the VPN is like PPTP because it will just pop up as “incoming...
  8. Share a VPN connection in my Windows 10 machine to a LinuxUbuntu 18.04 machine.

Share a VPN connection in my Windows 10 machine to a LinuxUbuntu 18.04 machine.: Hi, I wanna get my windows 10 machine to act as a router or similarits ok with static IP-addresses to so I can use a VPN tunnel that is available on the windows 10 machine for my other machinesLinux machines. I have two wired network card on the windows 10 machine One of...
  9. Windows 10 VPN with machine certificate

Windows 10 VPN with machine certificate: Hi, got a new vpn solution setup at work that uses machine certificates on our laptops for authentication. im trying to setup the vpn ... i select IKEv2 as the authentication type and then i get the extra option for machine certificates. but it tries to connect, looks...
  10. BSOD creating VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD creating VPN: This system is connected to a Netgear R7000 router and Xfinity TC8305 cable gateway handling my home network. I'm having a series of BSOD's in conjunction with my attempts to configure the OpenVPN capability on the router. I made the appropriate settings in the router...