Windows 10: creating a wifi hotspot on USB wifi device in Windows 10

Discus and support creating a wifi hotspot on USB wifi device in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 Wi-fi adapters.One is the default Wifi adapter which is on the laptop which is present on all laptops,and then I have another wifi adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by datatraveler2012, Nov 4, 2019.

1. creating a wifi hotspot on USB wifi device in Windows 10

I have 2 Wi-fi adapters.One is the default Wifi adapter which is on the laptop which is present on all laptops,and then I have another wifi adapter which is a USB wifi adapter.

I want to share my wifi internet connection to other mobile phones via this laptop. My onboard Wifi adapter does not have the ability to create a hosted network the output of

netsh wlan show drivers for onboard wireless chipset is

Interface name: Wi-Fi

Driver : Realtek RTL8723DE 802.11b/g/n PCIe Adapter
    Vendor : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    Provider : Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    Date : 03-05-2019
    Version : 2024.0.8.107
    INF file : oem54.inf
    Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver
    Radio types supported : 802.11n 802.11g 802.11b
    FIPS 140-2 mode supported : Yes
    802.11w Management Frame Protection supported : Yes
    Hosted network supported : No

Hosted network support: No is there that means this can not be used to create a virtual access point.

As mentioned on the link here

https://www.wikihow.com/Enable-a-Virtual-WiFi-in-Windows

Now I have a USB wifi card of DLink

and output of netsh wlan show drivers for USB Dlink wireless chipset is

Interface name: Wi-Fi 2

Driver : D-Link DWA-131 Wireless N Nano USB Adapter(rev.E)
    Vendor : D-Link Corporation
    Provider : D-Link Corporation
    Date : 25-09-2015
    Version : 1030.2.731.2015
    INF file : oem40.inf
    Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver
    Radio types supported : 802.11n 802.11g 802.11b
    FIPS 140-2 mode supported : No
    802.11w Management Frame Protection supported : No
    Hosted network supported : Yes

So I can create a wifi hotspot on this USB Wifi device via the steps explained here

https://www.wikihow.com/Enable-a-Virtual-WiFi-in-Windows

check if your wifi card supports creating a wireless network

netsh wlan show drivers

if Hosted Network Support is yes then

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=mynetwork key=yourkey

start the hotspot netsh wlan start hostednetwork

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

Now the problem is I have 2 wifi adapters. So how do I run this command on USB wifi device

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=mynetwork key=mykey

the problem is I do not know or rather say in the command it is not mentioned which Wifi interface to select to create a hotspot.

So how can I achieve this?

:)

datatraveler2012, Nov 4, 2019

2. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

creating a wifi hotspot on USB wifi device in Windows 10 [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Nov 4, 2019
  3. sml156 Win User
    wifi hotspot

Did you check to make sure your WiFi card supports it.

Run this command to find out if it supports Hosted Network, If it says yes then it should work. What commands did you use.
    Code:
    Code:
    NETSH WLAN show drivers

I had good results with HostedNetworkStarter from Nirsoft

sml156, Nov 4, 2019
  4. creating a wifi hotspot on USB wifi device in Windows 10

wifi hotspot

i tried to create a wifi hotspot in window 10, so i used command prompt but after creating it is notworking and showing that the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the request, then i installed a wifi hotspot software but that's also not running and showing an error : no wireless LAN adapter

plz help me to solve this issue.

muhammad Asif, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

creating a wifi hotspot on USB wifi device in Windows 10

1. creating a wifi hotspot on USB wifi device in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - creating wifi hotspot

2. Trouble Creating a 5G Wifi Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Creating a 5G Wifi Hotspot: I tried to create a 5G but whatever I try it keeps giving me this error.Interface name: WLAN Driver : IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 Vendor : Intel Corporation Provider : Intel Date : 09.08.2021 Version : 19.51.38.2 INF file : oem73.inf Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver Radio...
  3. Trouble Creating a 5G Wifi Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble Creating a 5G Wifi Hotspot: I tried to create a 5G but whatever I try it keeps giving me this error.Interface name: WLAN Driver : IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 Vendor : Intel Corporation Provider : Intel Date : 09.08.2021 Version : 19.51.38.2 INF file : oem73.inf Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver Radio...
  4. Windows 10 Wifi Hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Wifi Hotspot: Help, I'm trying to create a hotspot through windows 10 but it wont allow me to change what band I can broadcast it to 2.4ghz or 5ghz. The option doesn't show up to do it I only have the option to change the network name or password. Like there's no option to select a...
  5. HotSpot and WiFi

HotSpot and WiFi: Everytime I restart my laptop the wifi button is greyed out and the when clicking on the hotspot it keeps loading and nothing happens. I ran over some answers on this and found some cmd commands to reset the firewall and others and it works too. But on restarting the same...
  6. Wifi Hotspot

Wifi Hotspot: I cant start my wifi hotspot, when i go into setting and turn it on, it said we cant setup hotspot, is work well after a month but then suddenly it decide to stop working, i tried to do anything on the internet, nothing work, hosted network when i check netsh wlan show...
  7. wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot: when I on my laptop hotspot I cant connect on any mobile but internet is work onlaptop plz help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot/deeb07f8-b396-413f-8f65-97cbcfd7a967
  8. Iphone USB Hotspot Created Two Ethernet Profiles and Wifi Hotspot no longer works

Iphone USB Hotspot Created Two Ethernet Profiles and Wifi Hotspot no longer works: I have set up my iphone hotspot to give my laptop wifi wired; however it no longer works through normal wireless hotspot [ATTACH] The bottom Ethernet connection appears when connected; however it doesn't display its connected but the top one does the top Ethernet displays no...
  9. wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot: hi ive got a problem with my hp g60 laptop ,I cant turn my wifi hotspot on ,it keeps saying ,unable to turn wifi hotspot on ,,,, need help ,,,,how do you fix this and ive downloaded the wireless drivers twice ,still didn't work...
  10. wifi hotspot

wifi hotspot: i tried to create a wifi hotspot in window 10, so i used command prompt but after creating it is notworking and showing that the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the request, then i installed a wifi hotspot software but that's also not running and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi usb adapter what support hosted network in windows 10