Windows 10: Creating a wim and using a answer file that I have cresated ..

Discus and support Creating a wim and using a answer file that I have cresated .. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If I have create install.wim from an existing installation (running) and created my answer from another install.wim , should I create a answer file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RBCC, Apr 25, 2018.

1. RBCC Win User

Creating a wim and using a answer file that I have cresated ..

If I have create install.wim from an existing installation (running) and created my answer from another install.wim , should I create a answer file from the install.wim I created from the existing install or are they install.wim independent? can I used the install.wim from the usb drive and just copy it over to usb sources folder and my wim and will it work just fine? John

:)

2. I occasionally have a file that is visible in File Explorer but does not appear on the desktop. How can I fix this?

I'm assuming you know about show/hide Desktop icons and that others are showing when one disappears.

The Desktop is the one remaining folder that will save the x,y location of individual icons. Just like window positions of applications can sometimes be located off-screen, perhaps the same happened with your file icon.

Have you tried right-clicking on the Desktop & selecting:

View -> Auto-arrange icons

If already checked, try toggling it.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Apr 25, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    I occasionally have a file that is visible in File Explorer but does not appear on the desktop. How can I fix this?

I understand, update us as soon as you performed the suggested troubleshooting. After doing so and still the issue
    persists, kindly perform a SFC and DISM. It is possible that there is a system file corruption causing the file to disappear. To run SFC and DISM, follow these steps:

Run SFC Scan: 

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps
    (Kindly perform it again for 3 times after DISM):

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Run DISM Tool: 

To perform
    DISM, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

If possible, kindly provide us the return message so that we can investigate it further.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 25, 2018
Thema:

Creating a wim and using a answer file that I have cresated ..

1. Creating a wim and using a answer file that I have cresated .. - Similar Threads - Creating wim using

2. creating Win11 pro wim image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    creating Win11 pro wim image: would it be breaking MS license to install a fresh version of Win11 pro install apps, drivers and etc... Then repackage as wim file and install via a USB stick licensed with the oem key of the laptop....
  3. creating Win11 pro wim image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    creating Win11 pro wim image: would it be breaking MS license to install a fresh version of Win11 pro install apps, drivers and etc... Then repackage as wim file and install via a USB stick licensed with the oem key of the laptop....
  4. I have the answer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have the answer: Got this in a minidump debug. Take this and go for it. mwac.sys *code:: SYMBOL_NAME: mwac+12715MODULE_NAME: mwacIMAGE_NAME: mwac.sysSTACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kbBUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 12715FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_DPC_mwac!unknown_functionOS_VERSION:...
  5. how do i open a .wim file and use it?

how do i open a .wim file and use it?: I have a series of backup .wim files that I backed up from Win 7. Now I want to open these files and use them in Win 10. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-a-wim-file-and-use-it/a2b2e184-9933-46ce-83c4-5884e54e268f
  6. A few questions about using and creating wim files

A few questions about using and creating wim files: I have a few questions about wim/winpe/imagex. Is there a way to create a .WIM file for a windows installation that has already been created. Im basically wanting to (for now) create a .wim file that I can install as a sort of custom "factroy image restore" I understand doing...
  7. A few questions about using and creating wim files

in Windows 10 Support
    A few questions about using and creating wim files: ACCIDENTAL DUPLICATE.. SORRY. I have a few questions about creating .WIM files. Can you use DISM to create a .WIM on an already installed partition from the usb windows installer. Or must you use WINDOWS PE and imagex or run it before windows is actually installed. It seemed...
  8. A few questions about using and creating wim files

in Windows 10 Support
    A few questions about using and creating wim files: I have a few questions about wim/winpe/imagex. Is there a way to create a .WIM file for a windows installation that has already been created. Im basically wanting to (for now) create a .wim file that I can install as a sort of custom "factroy image restore" I understand doing...
  9. Open in WIM files

Open in WIM files: I backed up the files to a potable disk drive on my bad computer. Now I want to view those file but they are WIM files. How can I view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-in-wim-files/73872582-e4fe-4c76-9fb6-11924698ab83
  10. Create a wim or esd file with no volume image

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a wim or esd file with no volume image: [img] Hi Using Windows ADK 10 v1511, it is possible to create a wim or esd file with no volume image so that I can add them later? Thanks Bye 42214