Windows 10: Creating a Win-10 reinstallation DVD

Discus and support Creating a Win-10 reinstallation DVD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, and thanks for taking the time to look over my question. Also, thanks to this forum. As a person who has just upgraded to Win-10 from Xp, I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by b1rd, Nov 13, 2015.

1. b1rd Win User

Creating a Win-10 reinstallation DVD

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to look over my question. Also, thanks to this forum. As a person who has just upgraded to Win-10 from Xp, I'm sure I'll spend a fair amount of time in here. What a great resource!

**I do want to note that I am currently running Win-10 from an upgraded version of Win-8. This was a custom system built for me and the builder did the upgrade at my request**

My question:

If I use the bootable win-10 DVD that I created using the Media-Creation tool, am I able to reformat and reload Win-10 again as a clean install if needed? And if in fact a keycode is needed, will the CD key from the previous version of Win-8 work? (Or does anybody know for certain if a key is needed at all?)

Again, thanks. I'm much more comfortable knowing that I have the option to do a clean install if needed, and I'm trying to figure out if I am able to do that with what I already have vs. buying the actual O.S. Disc.

Regards,

:)

2. Saltgrass Win User

Internet issues after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

If you are thinking about reinstalling Win 8 anyway, why don't you first try doing a clean install of Win 10. If that doesn't help you could then reinstall Win 8 by whatever means.

You can get the install media for Win 10 by using the Media Creation tool and download it to a USB flash drive or downloading the .iso file and creating installing media on DVD or Flash drive.

Saltgrass, Nov 13, 2015
  3. slance310 Win User
    Reinstalling Windows 10

Hi,

Download the ISO and put it on a bootable flash drive with a free utility called RUFUS... It must formatted FAT32... This is for UEFI Bios.

If you are not using UEFI BIOS, you can create a bootable flash from the link...

You can also download the ISO and create a DVD or Flash with the Win 7 USB\DVD Tool... It must be formatted NTFS...

If your Win 10 Home activated properly, then you are all set to reinstall Win 10 directly... When asked for a key, select "SKIP" or "Do This Later"... You will probably get asked three times.

slance310, Nov 13, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Once you've upgrade the PC to Win10 you don't need to enter a key again to perform a clean instillation. But, if you want to you can use the 8 key with version/build(1511/10586.0). The latter option was not available with build 10240.

HTH
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 13, 2015
  5. b1rd Win User
    Hey Jeff, thank-you very much.

bird

6. BunnyJ New Member
    You're very welcome.
    Have a nice day
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Creating a Win-10 reinstallation DVD - Similar Threads - Creating reinstallation DVD

2. Reinstall Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Win 10: Old SSD harddrive has corrupted with loss of everything. It is being replaced with a new SSD. How do I go about reinstalling Win 10 on the new SSD? Original was installed by Dell....
  3. reinstall win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reinstall win 10: Win 10 got corrupted on a desktop when I tried to upgrade the SSD. I downloaded and made an iso copy from another laptop. Can I use that in the desktop.? When I try to boot from the disk the Windows icon appears, but then nothing happens.Peter...
  4. WIN 10 DVD player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIN 10 DVD player: Will play audio CDs and computer software, but not videos. Will not work with Windows Any Player-did before but stopped working. Cleaning optical drive didn't help. error message unable to open MRL "dvd///D:/"...
  5. Reinstall / Repair Windows 10 with dvd created with the ISO file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstall / Repair Windows 10 with dvd created with the ISO file: Hello, I had the 0xc0000225 error code on my hp laptop and because the hp repair sector on my disk does not work either, I decided to create a disk with the ISO image available on you website. I inserted the disk and got the "Press any key to boot from the CD or DVD"...
  6. Reinstalled win 10

Reinstalled win 10: I REALLY THOUGHT EVERYTHING WAS OK NOT:OH I HAVE REINSTALLED WIN 10 BECAUSE UPDATES ADVANCED OPTIONS ONLY CAN CLICK ON TOP BUTTON AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE DOWNLOAD BUTTON WILL NOT STAY ON GOES IMMEDIATELY TO OFF OH PLEASE HELP? i WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE SOME HELP?...
  7. Win 10 and DVD problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 and DVD problem: I have a win 10 Desktop. (Intel NUC). I have attached an external DVD player using usb. It shows up in Device Mgr and says it is working fine. However, I can not get it to play a DVD. I even bought the DVD player app from Microsoft ($14.95) but still can't get it to play a...
  8. Reinstalling win 10

Reinstalling win 10: Hi I want to reinstall a laptop currently installed with Pro x32 version and I have few questions please. Would the activation key still be valid if I will install the x64 version (Machine has a x64 CPU). I am not sure whether the current installation is a "upgraded...
  9. Win 10, not reading DVD

Win 10, not reading DVD: My DVD driver is not reading that a DVD is present. Windows Media Player says the drive is empty when it has a DVD inside. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver (E) but nothing has changed. I'd like to watch movies again. Any suggestions? 18550
  10. Reinstall Windows 10 from DVD but no DVD drive

Reinstall Windows 10 from DVD but no DVD drive: Hi I inadvertently set my new laptop with 256 Mb SSD to sync with my OneDrive of 1 Tb. My laptop synced until it ran out of storage and now when I try to boot up, I get Attempting to Repair, Diagnosing Problem, etc. etc. I have worked my way through every option to no...