Windows 10: creating a windows 10 account using a mypostoffice.co.uk email account

Discus and support creating a windows 10 account using a mypostoffice.co.uk email account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am giving my laptop to my parents to replace their old one. They have a mypostoffice.co.uk email address. I have run the reset option and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LizTapper, Apr 28, 2019.

1. LizTapper Win User

creating a windows 10 account using a mypostoffice.co.uk email account

Hi, I am giving my laptop to my parents to replace their old one. They have a mypostoffice.co.uk email address. I have run the reset option and my laptop is now all ready to set up. I am asked to give an email address to set it up. If I give my @live.co.uk email address it is OK, but it does not recognise a @mypostoffice.co.uk address, how do I get round this and set my laptop up for them?

They currently use windows7 and outlook. and it works fine.

thanks

:)

LizTapper, Apr 28, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown creating a windows 10 account using a mypostoffice.co.uk email account :(

Zakin, Apr 28, 2019
  4. creating a windows 10 account using a mypostoffice.co.uk email account

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

creating a windows 10 account using a mypostoffice.co.uk email account

1. creating a windows 10 account using a mypostoffice.co.uk email account - Similar Threads - creating account using

2. Somebody created a microsoft account with my email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Somebody created a microsoft account with my email account: Somebody, unknown who, has created a windows/Microsoft account using my email account.Without disclosing the full account, let me just say that my account was created with a . before the @gmail.com, while the Microsoft account is created without that same full stop before the...
  3. Somebody created a microsoft account with my email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Somebody created a microsoft account with my email account: Somebody, unknown who, has created a windows/Microsoft account using my email account.Without disclosing the full account, let me just say that my account was created with a . before the @gmail.com, while the Microsoft account is created without that same full stop before the...
  4. Forced to create a new email and account on windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Forced to create a new email and account on windows 10: Hi everyone,My mother recently bought a new laptop and I told her we would work together to get it working for her. She did a bunch of stuff without me and doesn't know what she did but the new computer forced her to create a new email/user account. I am trying to figure out...
  5. Forced to create a new email and account on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to create a new email and account on windows 10: Hi everyone,My mother recently bought a new laptop and I told her we would work together to get it working for her. She did a bunch of stuff without me and doesn't know what she did but the new computer forced her to create a new email/user account. I am trying to figure out...
  6. Forced to create a new email and account on windows 10

7. How to change the original email used to create a windows account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the original email used to create a windows account?: My friend built me a custom PC about 8 months ago. He used his email while creating the windows account in order to test some games to make sure everything worked. Fast forward to today, I'm still using the same windows account that he created. I've already connected my own...
  8. Account,Game and co-op

Account,Game and co-op: Hello! I had bough Astroneer on one account. My brother on the xbox and me on pc played togheter and then came the update from microsoft. Then I can't play Astroneer when my brother palyed a game I switched to my account so my brother and me can play then I can't start...
  9. Created windows account with misspelled email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Created windows account with misspelled email: Hi, when i created my windows account i accidentally mispelled it so now it wont let me log in or recover/reset the password because it wont send it to my actual email and i cant get pass the login to get into the desktop at all....
  10. Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Email used to create Microsoft account permanently associated with it?: A few months ago, I decided to use another email address with my Microsoft account. I linked it, made it the primary alias, and I deleted the original email address, the one I used to create the account, I think back in the live.com days (2013, anyway). When I go to "Your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mypostoffice windows 10 mail