Windows 10: Creating a windows 10 guest user account through office 365

Discus and support Creating a windows 10 guest user account through office 365 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; We have about 10 pc laptops around the office and I would a couple of them a windows 10 guest login for temporary staff or interns. I don't want to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by (kevinj), Apr 26, 2019.

1. (kevinj) Win User

Creating a windows 10 guest user account through office 365

We have about 10 pc laptops around the office and I would a couple of them a windows 10 guest login for temporary staff or interns. I don't want to create a local account. I want to create it through office 365. Can that be done?

:)

(kevinj), Apr 26, 2019
  2. StephanP Win User

Create (alternative) Guest Account in W10 Home?

Apparently, Windows 10 Home does not quite support Guest accounts.
    Yes, one can activate the internal Guest account with net user Guest /active:yes
    But then it does not show up in the log in screen, or it does show up, but nothing happens when you enter it.

Is there a way to create an alternative guest account?
    E.g.
    • Create a local account (not associated with an e-mail address or Microsoft account)
    • Somehow give it the characteristics that mimic the Guest account as we used to know it
      Note: W10 Home does not provide User Group Management
      • Advanced Registry tweaks?
      • PowerShell script?

StephanP, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Mike_11_ Win User
    How to create Guest Account?

Sorry it just doesn't work

What part doesn't work? This works for me. It's not a real guest account like I want but at least it's an account that doesn't require a password.

Mike_11_, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Creating a windows 10 guest user account through office 365

Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Creating a windows 10 guest user account through office 365

1. Creating a windows 10 guest user account through office 365 - Similar Threads - Creating guest user

2. Windows 10 laptop unable to create local account guest user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 laptop unable to create local account guest user: Hi all, Based in UK and now use an Active Directory 'work' account to log in. Since doing this, am unable to use any local accounts. The only option showing is the AD account & "Other User". When I select "Other User" the box asks me for an email address - not user name...
  3. Can you create guest accounts in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you create guest accounts in windows 10?: Can you create guest accounts in windows 10? I think windows 10 is the worst OP, how do you think about? 167936
  4. Creating a guest account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating a guest account: Hi there, Is there a recommended way to create a guest account in Windows 10? I have people over sometimes who use my computer and I don't want them to be able to access any of my personal files. I'm on Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.900). Thanks! 160397
  5. how to create a guest account in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to create a guest account in windows 10: i want to create a guest account in windows 10. i would appreciate if you can show me the steps Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-guest-account-in-windows-10/596b74a4-707d-4d58-a285-abade8aa7fbf
  6. guest user accounts in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    guest user accounts in windows 10 pro: can guest user accounts be set up in Windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-user-accounts-in-windows-10-pro/de08288a-f94d-4ecd-a889-6218b96bab6c
  7. How to create a Guest account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to create a Guest account?: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  8. Windows 10 and Office 365 Accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and Office 365 Accounts: Our company uses Office 365 and we can install OneDrive for Business, Teams, OneNote, etc. on our personal PCs and access via work account. I'd like to keep work and personal files separate on my PC. What's the best way to keep the accounts separate. For example, I don't want...
  9. duplicate users in office 365 account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate users in office 365 account: in my office 365 account there are two duplicate users - how do i delete one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/duplicate-users-in-office-365-account/03236fdd-3c5c-4d9b-9797-0bcf38f18669
  10. duplicate user accounts in office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate user accounts in office 365: in my office 365 home subscription i have two users - ones i have shared with - accounts -- how do i correct this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate office 365 guest account windows 10

2. windows 10 enable guest account office 365