Windows 10: creating a windows 10 pro media tool

Discus and support creating a windows 10 pro media tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i purchased windows 10 pro less than a year ago and my hard drive crashed. I am using the media tool to create a download of windows 10 to install on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jennyoohdash, Mar 28, 2021.

1. creating a windows 10 pro media tool

i purchased windows 10 pro less than a year ago and my hard drive crashed. I am using the media tool to create a download of windows 10 to install on a new hard drive but it does not give me an option to download the same version i purchased which was windows pro. How do i get same version that i purchased onto a usb to install on a my new hardware?

will i need a key to activate it? i have receipt of purchase in my windows account.

:)

jennyoohdash, Mar 28, 2021

2. Unable to create Windows 10 bootable media using media creation tool

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to create a Windows 10 USB bootable media for your new computer and we appreciate you for providing us the information and the screenshot. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly,
    please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the free space on the USB?
    • Are you trying to perform a clean installation or an upgrade on the new computer?

However, we would suggest you to refer the steps point by point as mentioned under
    “Using the tool to create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10 on a different PC”,
    in this website:
    Download Windows 10
    and check if you are able to create the bootable media.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 28, 2021
  4. creating a windows 10 pro media tool

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

creating a windows 10 pro media tool

1. creating a windows 10 pro media tool - Similar Threads - creating pro media

2. How to use media creation tool to create Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use media creation tool to create Windows 11 Pro?: I have Windows 11 Pro and need to do a clean install. If I download from Download Windows 11 microsoft.com using the first option, does that do JUST Windows 11? Or does it do Windows 11 Pro also?Or should I use the Download Windows 11 Disk Image ISO choice and that does the...
  3. How to use media creation tool to create Windows 11 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use media creation tool to create Windows 11 Pro?: I have Windows 11 Pro and need to do a clean install. If I download from Download Windows 11 microsoft.com using the first option, does that do JUST Windows 11? Or does it do Windows 11 Pro also?Or should I use the Download Windows 11 Disk Image ISO choice and that does the...
  4. Windows 10 Install media tool failing to create USB media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install media tool failing to create USB media: Hello, I am trying to download Windows 10 to install on another laptop. I have downloaded the media tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. The issue I am having is it is not asking where I want to download the files to . It asks what I want to...
  5. creating windows 10 media creation tool

creating windows 10 media creation tool: Hello I want to create a windows 10 media creation tool on to a USB flash drive. When I got my PC windows 10 was digitally installed and verified. However, I did get the windows 10 home installation DVD with my new PC but the new PC has no CD/DVD drive installed. I pretty...
  6. Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media

Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media: I need to recover my Desktop and downloaded the MediaCreationTool1809,exe from the MS Support pages. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 I run the tool with a freshly formatted 16GB USB drive and receive the following error: "There was a problem...
  7. Unable to reset windows 10 or create media tool

Unable to reset windows 10 or create media tool: Hi everyone, I have a laptop that I'm trying to prepare for a new owner. I'd like to be able to reset to factory default and wipe the drive etc (just one SSD which has the Windows 10 install). At first I tried using the 'reset' option in the update & security part of...
  8. Windows 10 pro is not in the media creation tool

Windows 10 pro is not in the media creation tool: so in the media creation tool i dont have Windows 10 pro i only have Windows 10 , Windows 10 home and single use , Windows 10 N . 76930
  9. Windows media creation tool closes after "creating windows 10 media"

Windows media creation tool closes after "creating windows 10 media": When using the media creation tool I choose to upgrade my PC, everything goes as it should until I reach 100% on "creating windows 10 media." when I reach this point the program closes and instead of the installer loading nothing happens. Does anyone know if this is something...
  10. Size of ISO created by X64 Pro Media Creation Tool?

Size of ISO created by X64 Pro Media Creation Tool?: When using the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft what is the size of the ISO that is created for X64 Windows Pro? The one I created is smaller than one I created from the install.esd file. The size I see is 3.10 GB (3,333,357,568 bytes). Can that be right? 10330