Windows 10: Creating a zip file on an external hard drive

Discus and support Creating a zip file on an external hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the last couple of days, I have been trying to move a whole file of music mp3's from a standard file over to a zip file. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JacintaMoroney, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Creating a zip file on an external hard drive

For the last couple of days, I have been trying to move a whole file of music mp3's from a standard file over to a zip file.

I have tried right-clicking the mouse, then send to and then compressed zipped folder and can't find the zip folder on the external hard drive. I can't even create a zip folder and that's with looking online and using a downloaded program.

Hoping there's an easy way around it without having to spend hours on it.

Any form of help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

JacintaMoroney, Nov 15, 2020

2. creating a list of files that are on an external hard drive

Can anyone tell me how I can create a list of files that are on an external hard drive. I have changed computers and now have windows 10. Someone else created the file for me which shows all the files that I have on my external hard drive.

MarieGreen1, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Creating a zip file on an external hard drive

saving and viewing files on an external hard drive

Hi Sam,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Yes, you may format the external hard drive. Follow the below steps.

• Connect the external hard drive to Windows 10 computer.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to the keyboard to open the file explorer.

• Locate the external hard drive on left navigation pane in File explorer.

• Right click on the external hard drive and click on
      Format

• Click Start and follow on screen instructions to format the hard drive.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Creating a zip file on an external hard drive

1. Creating a zip file on an external hard drive - Similar Threads - Creating zip file

2. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a backup on an external hard drive: Hello,I wanted to create a backup on an external hard drive Toshiba Canvio. When I connect the drive to the USB port tried all of the available ones in my laptop, I can see the files stored in the drive, save files to the drive and basically perform all the operations on the...
  3. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a backup on an external hard drive: Hello,I wanted to create a backup on an external hard drive Toshiba Canvio. When I connect the drive to the USB port tried all of the available ones in my laptop, I can see the files stored in the drive, save files to the drive and basically perform all the operations on the...
  4. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Create external hard drive recovery drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create external hard drive recovery drive: Attach the external hard drive to which the recovery is required. Insert a USB flash or use DVD drive, these are not the target drive but are required by the recovery software otherwise it will not work..So click on Control Panel, select Recovery then Create a Rcovery...
  6. Create external hard drive recovery drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create external hard drive recovery drive: Attach the external hard drive to which the recovery is required. Insert a USB flash or use DVD drive, these are not the target drive but are required by the recovery software otherwise it will not work..So click on Control Panel, select Recovery then Create a Rcovery...
  7. Files on External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files on External Hard Drive: can i edit, rename,delete, organize photos and files that are on an external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-on-external-hard-drive/7f4616f5-8277-4ed5-88c1-fb019bcd810a
  8. Creating a system restore in an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a system restore in an external hard drive: I have windows 10 installed on my ssd in laptop.I want to create a backup of the windows only and store in my external hdd in a way that I would be able to use remaining space on external drive normally and restore from it if something bad happens.Is it possible? submitted...
  9. files on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files on external hard drive: Hi, This a bit complicated We had a PC crash last year & PC world downloaded all our files on our Maxtor external hard drive now I want to put all our pictures/ photos back on & if I click on the file & find 'send' it only offers to send the file to Docs or shortcut to...
  10. creating a list of files that are on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    creating a list of files that are on an external hard drive: Can anyone tell me how I can create a list of files that are on an external hard drive. I have changed computers and now have windows 10. Someone else created the file for me which shows all the files that I have on my external hard drive....