Windows 10: creating account

Discus and support creating account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I want to create a Microsoft account i get the message "You can't sign up here with a work or school email address. Use a personal email, such as... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Randall Bernhardt, Mar 24, 2020.

1. creating account

When I want to create a Microsoft account i get the message "You can't sign up here with a work or school email address. Use a personal email, such as Gmail or Yahoo!, or get a new Outlook email."

I am using Windows 10 Pro. I originally had Windows 10 Home.

Why do I keep getting that message?

:)

Randall Bernhardt, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 24, 2020
  4. creating account

Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

creating account

1. creating account - Similar Threads - creating account

2. Is it possible to create account without logging into Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to create account without logging into Windows 10?: Hi, One of the family members got a windows computer from the school lab where she worked. They gave the computer away when they were cleaning up the inventory. But right now I can't login to this computer at home. When I turned it on, it directly goes to the school...
  3. Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??: Alright so im trying to change the name of my pc and switch my local account to an admin account. But I have windows 10 and I don't see the "Family & Other People" option in the settings. Keep in mind im on this pc on a local account....
  4. How do I delete an accidentally created Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I delete an accidentally created Microsoft Account: I bought 2 tablets and created 2 new Microsoft Accounts when installing Windows 10. I want to delete these 2 accounts. What is the best way to do this. Do I have to be on the device on which the account was created to delete it? Thanks Thomas...
  5. I created a second email account on Outlook, but now decided against this, so closed the...

I created a second email account on Outlook, but now decided against this, so closed the...: Hope that you all are keeping safe during this COVID-19 situation. Now this may have been asked before, but I cannot find the answer despite careful looking. I created an additional email on Outlook but this created problems over access to my Microsoft Account. I closed...
  6. Network issues after creating a child account parental control

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issues after creating a child account parental control: Hello! I'm using Windows 10 Build 18363 and I recently added an account for my daughter, with the parental control feature of Windows 10. Problem I have is that everytime I log in with her account, I don't get any internet connection. The network controller sees the...
  7. New windows 10 PC, Created new local account but Users folder name still remained the old...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New windows 10 PC, Created new local account but Users folder name still remained the old...: Bought new Windows 10 PC a few days ago. Configuring forced me to use a Skype account call it 'jsmith'. There was a 'Users/jsmi' folder truncated from jsmith to store files. Configuration message suggested I could remove it later and create a new local account, which I did...
  8. My Laptop is creating a local account itself.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Laptop is creating a local account itself.: My laptop creates a local account when I connect to the internet. I remove it every time but it appears. I ranMalwarebytes but it wasn't helpful.Please help me....
  9. Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar app stuck on Creating account with Gmail: Many users I have the same problem on windows 10 [img] The calendar was working but was (maybe) buggy. So I log off from my calendar Gmail account then I tried to reenabled it. But the app get stuck on "creating account". I tried: + to (un)install the calendar (using...
  10. Desire to Create a Mirror Profile of my Admin account so all programs and settings mirror...

Desire to Create a Mirror Profile of my Admin account so all programs and settings mirror...: Hello Microsoft Community! I need an expert in the community that understands ACCOUNTS/ACCOUNT CREATION - PROFILES. I know I made a mistake when I set up my laptop. My ADMIN is the default and only profile. I tried adding another EVERYDAY profile, and it excluded all...