Windows 10: creating account

Discus and support creating account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I want to create a Microsoft account i get the message "You can't sign up here with a work or school email address. Use a personal email, such as... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Randall Bernhardt, Mar 24, 2020.

1. creating account

When I want to create a Microsoft account i get the message "You can't sign up here with a work or school email address. Use a personal email, such as Gmail or Yahoo!, or get a new Outlook email."

I am using Windows 10 Pro. I originally had Windows 10 Home.

Why do I keep getting that message?

:)

Randall Bernhardt, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 24, 2020
  4. creating account

Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

creating account

1. creating account - Similar Threads - creating account

2. Need help with creating accounts for the Win11_22H2_Lab Guide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with creating accounts for the Win11_22H2_Lab Guide: Good Evening I am reaching out because I don't know where to go or what to do at this point. I download and installed the Lab Guide 22H2, as I am working through I am unable to access my account information for the billing to ensure everything is correct. When I try to log in...
  3. Need help with creating accounts for the Win11_22H2_Lab Guide

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with creating accounts for the Win11_22H2_Lab Guide: Good Evening I am reaching out because I don't know where to go or what to do at this point. I download and installed the Lab Guide 22H2, as I am working through I am unable to access my account information for the billing to ensure everything is correct. When I try to log in...
  4. My Microsoft account has been compromised, I would like to create a new Microsoft email and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account has been compromised, I would like to create a new Microsoft email and...: My Microsoft account as a whole was compromised, I was able to regain control of the account, and change the password for the account, but I need to create a new microsoft account and move everything to the new one, and I don't need help with windows, I need help with my...
  5. My Microsoft account has been compromised, I would like to create a new Microsoft email and...

My Microsoft account has been compromised, I would like to create a new Microsoft email and...: My Microsoft account as a whole was compromised, I was able to regain control of the account, and change the password for the account, but I need to create a new microsoft account and move everything to the new one, and I don't need help with windows, I need help with my...
  6. Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again: I have set up a new Windows 10 Pro PC with several user accounts. I entered the password on one account incorrectly when I created the user account. Now I don't remember it. Is it possible to completely delete the user account, then re-create another one using the same name?...
  7. Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again: I have set up a new Windows 10 Pro PC with several user accounts. I entered the password on one account incorrectly when I created the user account. Now I don't remember it. Is it possible to completely delete the user account, then re-create another one using the same name?...
  8. Windows 10: Wish to delete user account and create it again

9. Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge: I am trying to create a new account in MS EDGE and it prompts me: "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to <MyEmailAddress> to verify your identity".I click on the "Send code" button.I enter the code and click on the "Sign in" button.After this the same...
  10. Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to create account in Microsoft Edge: I am trying to create a new account in MS EDGE and it prompts me: "Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to <MyEmailAddress> to verify your identity".I click on the "Send code" button.I enter the code and click on the "Sign in" button.After this the same...