Windows 10: Creating ALT key Macro combos - Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Discus and support Creating ALT key Macro combos - Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello MS Community, I like that the MS Ergonomic 4000 keyboard has a macro editor. My confusion is with the "ALT" key and creating combos with it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kenneth Valenton, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Creating ALT key Macro combos - Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Hello MS Community,

I like that the MS Ergonomic 4000 keyboard has a macro editor.

My confusion is with the "ALT" key and creating combos with it being "pressed".

Is this an actual option for macro editting?

I wanted to exit a module on a program I use by using the keystroke "ALT+O" (directs to OK button) then "Enter" to close out the module.

Can someone tell me if the ALT pressed (+any letter) works under the creating macros menu?

thanks in advance

Ken

:)

Kenneth Valenton, Oct 7, 2019

2. How to assign Macros for Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard

Has anyone heard if Microsoft have updated software to be able to map keys to text input macros?

Many users of assistive input tech. require these functions to overcome disabilities and repetitive strain injury. Have we made any progress? The old natural keyboard (with keyboard centre software) used to have much better functionality in this respect. Have
    we just gone a step backwards or am I missing a trick?

With hope,

Marc

***Modified title from: Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Shortcut Keys Macro/Macros functionality (keyboard centre software for rapid input of email address etc.)***

Marc Redmile-Gordon, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Creating macros

I know macros are rarely used anymore, but I want to use macro to record and replay email address that I',m sick of typing. So, using small program named TINY TASK, I create the macro but don't know how to assign it to a key on keyboard (generic, as I just spilled coffee in my Microsoft Ergonomic 4000). TINY TASK records the macro, but then how do I make it play back in a form? It defeats the purpose of time saving if If I have to open Tiny Task again to play back the macro. Need to assign to a function key or hot key.

DAVEY JONES, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Bob G_256 Win User

Creating ALT key Macro combos - Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Programming the Ergonomic 4000 keyboard

Hi - How do you program the special keys on the Microsoft 4000 Ergonomic keyboard using Windows 10?

Bob G_256, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Creating ALT key Macro combos - Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

1. Creating ALT key Macro combos - Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Similar Threads - Creating ALT key

2. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Has the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 finally been discontinued? It's been my go-to for work and home for about 20 years. When I find it online these days, it's for a ridiculous price....
  3. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Has the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 finally been discontinued? It's been my go-to for work and home for about 20 years. When I find it online these days, it's for a ridiculous price....
  4. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Ergo 4000 keyboard- HOW to create a macro that uses the F keys?

Microsoft Ergo 4000 keyboard- HOW to create a macro that uses the F keys?: I would like to create a macro that uses the F keys as if i had pressed the F-LOCK button. I have key combinations set as macros for all the F keys, But one shortcut I often need is ctrl+shft+F1 and I want it to use F1 key and not the macro I assigned under F1 but the macro...
  6. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Please could you advise the model name and number of the ergo keyboard that has now replaced the natural ergo 4000? Thanks so much. * Moved from advertising...
  7. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: Is there a mute/unmute button on this keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000/abd72a9e-439e-4be5-828f-3656fddf2735
  8. Ergonomic 4000 keyboard

Ergonomic 4000 keyboard: I am trying to set up my Ergonomic 4000 keyboard but I cannot work out how to activate the number pad. I have tried the number lock key but that is not having any affect....
  9. microsoft ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0

microsoft ergonomic keyboard 4000 v1.0: Hi Is there a download to enable the shortcuts to work in windows 10 the original installation disc says not compatible with this version of windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-ergonomic-keyboard-4000-v10/281074cd-22c8-4228-93b9-bf4255fe7a7e
  10. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000: I have bought and used the Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard since it was made. I started a new job and had them order me one. The space bar did not work. They had it replaced and the second one worked for two weeks. Now keys don't work (the enter key, c, y, u, i o; keypad keys /,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i record alt combos with macro keyboard