Windows 10: creating an ad hoc Network?

Discus and support creating an ad hoc Network? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 10; how do i set up an ad hoc Network on my PC?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanR1952, Dec 28, 2018.

1. DanR1952 Win User

creating an ad hoc Network?

In Windows 10; how do i set up an ad hoc Network on my PC?

:)

DanR1952, Dec 28, 2018

2. WiFi ad hoc problem

I'm creating an ad hoc network to connect my desktop (running Windows 7) with a friend laptop (running XP). So I set the network and in the wireless networks list of the laptop it appear with signal strength "Excellent" but once it connect to the network the signal strength drops to "Very Low". Any ideas where the problem may be? Thank you in advance.

Grasshopper, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Query about creating the Hidden ad-hoc network

Original title: Hidden ad-hoc network!!

how to create a hidden ad-hoc network in windows 10?

JeesonJoseph, Dec 28, 2018
  4. creating an ad hoc Network?

How to create an ad-hoc network in Windows 10

Please don't confuse between ad-hoc and hotspot, I have asked for ad-hoc and not for hotspot.

I know the commands for creating a hotspot using CMD but as now the experimenting microsoft has removed the option of creating an ad-hoc network from
    Network and Sharing Centre > set up a new connection or network section as was present in Windows 7, it is a mystery for me to create that type of ad-hoc network now with Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.

Rajat Pundir, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

creating an ad hoc Network?

1. creating an ad hoc Network? - Similar Threads - creating hoc Network

2. Ad-Hoc Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ad-Hoc Network: Hi,So I created a what I believe to be an ad-hoc network on mac os, however its not showing up on windows network display. Im using it to share files and if possible play games on lan without an internet connection. How do I connect to said adhoc network hosted on my mac...
  3. Ad-Hoc Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ad-Hoc Network: Hi,So I created a what I believe to be an ad-hoc network on mac os, however its not showing up on windows network display. Im using it to share files and if possible play games on lan without an internet connection. How do I connect to said adhoc network hosted on my mac...
  4. Ad-Hoc Network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows10 - Can't connect to ad-hoc network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows10 - Can't connect to ad-hoc network: Hi, I created a network using an ad-hoc communication on a computer with Windows 7 in order to do some wireless printing (the buildings networks firewall would not allow the normal wifi connection to work). The printer can log into that network and the computer from which...
  6. Ad-Hoc Wireless Network

Ad-Hoc Wireless Network: Aye! I have several computers with different systems, Windows 10, Linux, Android,... some have internet-access and may act as a gateway, some might act as an access point, some dont even have a keyboard/mouse - but all have a wireless network-interface-card. I dont use...
  7. how to set up a ad-hoc network

how to set up a ad-hoc network: since there is no more homegroups how to set up a ad-hoc network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-to-set-up-a-ad-hoc-network/b759cfd1-5e6d-4426-997f-3978239590a2
  8. No Choice for Ad Hoc Network

No Choice for Ad Hoc Network: As part of a practice I'm doing, I was going to set up an Ad Hoc wireless network on my Windows 10 Enterprise computer. But under Network and Sharing, like this: [img] why no ad hoc choice? 113515
  9. Ad hoc network..."Private" network doesn't stick

Ad hoc network..."Private" network doesn't stick: I have a unique situation and I haven't been able to find the answer. I have set up an ad hoc network on the "host" computer (i.e. the netsh "hostednetwork" computer) so that I can remote into the host computer using another computer ("client" PC). What this does is...
  10. Connecting to ad-hoc issue

Connecting to ad-hoc issue: Hello! Few days ago i runned ad-hoc acces point in my linux device. When i trying connect to it, gives me an error. Everything is fine On Windows 8. I tried many different options like connecting via cmd, turning off firewall but still nothing. Anyone knows solution...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. creating ad hoc wifi network