Windows 10: Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

Discus and support Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Alright so im trying to change the name of my pc and switch my local account to an admin account. But I have windows 10 and I don't see the "Family &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lil_Cheeto, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

Alright so im trying to change the name of my pc and switch my local account to an admin account. But I have windows 10 and I don't see the "Family & Other People" option in the settings. Keep in mind im on this pc on a local account.

:)

Lil_Cheeto, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, if you are using a Local account on the computer and if it’s the only account, it will be an admin account. To check if the account is an admin account, please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type netplwiz and click on
      OK
    3. You will find all the user accounts on the computer and if you see Administrator beside your account, the account is an admin account.

If you want to change the name of the user account that you are using, you need to create a new user account on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    . Once you create a new user account, follow the steps from the section
    Copy files to the new user profile in the article
    Fix a corrupted user profile
    to move the data from the old account to the new account.

Note: The above mentioned article is for Windows 7. However, holds good for Windows 10.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

After clicking "OK" I was hit with "To continue, enter an admin username and password".

Lil_Cheeto, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC?? - Similar Threads - Creating admin account

2. Cannot create a password with my admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot create a password with my admin account: I was trying to add a passwod to my account on windows 10 but it needs to be done with an admin account even though i only have one account and is labeled as administrator.thanks in advance fo the help....
  3. Cannot create a password with my admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create a password with my admin account: I was trying to add a passwod to my account on windows 10 but it needs to be done with an admin account even though i only have one account and is labeled as administrator.thanks in advance fo the help....
  4. Cannot create a password with my admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Create New Admin Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create New Admin Account: If I create new admin account, does my 2 hard disks and my game folder still appear? And can I play game from game folder if it still appear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-admin-account/28b8f2f5-616a-4ebd-9456-4733b18f3b89
  6. Create New Admin Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create New Admin Account: If I create new admin account, does my 2 hard disks and my game folder still appear? And can I play game from game folder if it still appear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-admin-account/28b8f2f5-616a-4ebd-9456-4733b18f3b89
  7. Create Admin account without Admin privileges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create Admin account without Admin privileges: I purchased a laptop from my high school because i need it for homework at home as a personal computer but i cant do much with the laptop because i dont have access to the administrator account, i checked and there is no administrator account on it, it hasnt been disabled...
  8. No admin accounts on my pc

No admin accounts on my pc: I do not have a admin account on my personal pc with windows 10 home. I wanted to install/setup a new windows system Windows 10 Pro with a USB drive, but i can't because i have no admin rights to do so. So i'm stuck with a pc that has no accounts with admin rights. How can i...
  9. Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??

Creating an admin account/ Renaming my PC??: Alright so im trying to change the name of my pc and switch my local account to an admin account. But I have windows 1083 and I don't see the "Family & Other People" option in the settings. Keep in mind im on this pc on a local account....
  10. Renaming PC creates extra ID

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Renaming PC creates extra ID: I've searched Tutorials and Tips&Tricks but cannot find this topic. (Maybe you can!) Problem with renaming Dell XPS-9560. I renamed from the generic name assigned by Windows to the name of the model, and then could not log back in due to "wrong password" (despite having...