Windows 10: Creating an image without bloatware

Discus and support Creating an image without bloatware in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been tasked to create an image to be deployed on multiple PCs. We've got new Lenovo think pads which I run the oobe like I'm setting up a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jpschnitzel, May 21, 2020.

1. Creating an image without bloatware

I've been tasked to create an image to be deployed on multiple PCs. We've got new Lenovo think pads which I run the oobe like I'm setting up a new device, installing the correct software (ms office etc), running a script to remove the MS bloatware, changing backgrounds etc. Then I run sysprep and capture the image to our WDS server. When I boot a new laptop and install this newly created image it has all the bloatware back, background image is reverted to the Lenovo standard but the installed software remains.

Can anyone shed any light onto why the capture doesn't have the bloatware removed or why the desktop bg reverts back to Lenovo standard?

Windows 10 v1909

submitted by /u/jpschnitzel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jpschnitzel, May 21, 2020

2. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Creating an image without bloatware :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Creating an image without bloatware :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, May 21, 2020
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, May 21, 2020
  4. Creating an image without bloatware

Creating a System Image backup - keeps looping

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

The system image is exactly like the mirrored copy of the Operating System which contains the configuration of the Operating System. When you create backup system image your windows 10 comes back to the same position at when the image was created earlier.

As an initial step, I suggest you to make sure that the services required for backup to run successfully is enabled. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows + R
      keys, type services.msc and press Enter.

• In the services window, locate the services
      File history service
      and the Volume shadow copy service and check if they are running.

• If they are not running, right-click and select
      Start to manually start the service.

• Check if you are able to create a backup now.
    Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article created by

Andre Da Costa
    and check if it helps.

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and then check.

Booting the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue. You can refer to this article for more information:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, reset the computer to start as usual. Refer to the step
    How to set the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting under more information.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Creating an image without bloatware

1. Creating an image without bloatware - Similar Threads - Creating image without

2. Bloatware Removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bloatware Removal: Hello,Recently with the latest builds of both Windows 10 and Windows 11 we have found that the Solitaire and other bloatware programs are not being removed properly. I was wondering if there was a way to easily remove the bloatware and any tips from those who have removed the...
  3. Bloatware Removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bloatware Removal: Hello,Recently with the latest builds of both Windows 10 and Windows 11 we have found that the Solitaire and other bloatware programs are not being removed properly. I was wondering if there was a way to easily remove the bloatware and any tips from those who have removed the...
  4. bloatware

in Windows 10 Customization
    bloatware: after running this command in powershell - DISM /Online /Get-ProvisionedAppxPackages select-string Packagename the results include - AdvancedMicroDevicesInc-2.59462344778C5_10.19.40016.0_x64__0a9344xs7nr4m i think this is the AMD radeon settings lite app is it...
  5. Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image?: I have wasted a week trying to backup my computer because I've been warned the hard drive will fail. Every time I get to 97% - which takes a day - it stalls. I have run chkdsk - also one day - and found some problems. I have a feeling each time I run it and each time I...
  6. bloatware

bloatware: I want to know why Microsoft thinks its absolutely necessary to install apps like skype, xbox, etc, on all computers, and then makes it impossible to completely remove it, wothout it returning during the next update. Xbox essentially functions asmalware, at this point. You...
  7. Uninstall Program Without Installing Bloatware

Uninstall Program Without Installing Bloatware: Downloaded Nox (an Android emulator) and during installation it installed several bloatware programs which I promptly removed. Those same programs were reinstalled when I uninstalled Nox. I restored my PC to a point before the uninstall and would like to uninstall it again...
  8. Bloatware

Bloatware: I finally received my Dell Laptop. It came with little bloatware and I am very surprised with it. So far it works flawless. However, the bloatware that it did come with, I would like to know if I should remove it. The following is the list of bloatware: 1.)...
  9. creating an image

creating an image: guys, am lost. Havent imaged in a few years and need to start imaging this wednesday eight workgroup computers for a non-profit organization. I created a w10 reference pc in vmware workstation but there i am stuck. Seems syspre and dism dont work anymore in w10? Hope someone...
  10. Windows 10 CustomOfflineBuild (Without: Bloatware, Spyware etc)

Windows 10 CustomOfflineBuild (Without: Bloatware, Spyware etc): I am building a Custom Image using Dism.exe and install_wim_tweak.exe using a batch file. Almost finished but i am stuck with REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\TEST\SOFTWARE\Control Panel\Colors" /V Window /T REG_SZ /D "255 255 200" /F want to integrate into install.wim. If...