Windows 10: Creating an installation and setup wizard

Discus and support Creating an installation and setup wizard in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I have a .exe file that I want to share with a few other people. However, the .exe needs the user's registry to be changed in order to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alure155, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Alure155 Win User

Creating an installation and setup wizard

So I have a .exe file that I want to share with a few other people. However, the .exe needs the user's registry to be changed in order to work properly. I got the .exe file myself by installing it via an installation and setup wizard. Apparently, Windows has a utility called IExpress.exe for creating installation and setup wizards. However, will it properly implement the registry changes needed? If not, then how can I make it so that the user's registry is changed correctly. Note that the...

Alure155, Feb 14, 2019

2. Cortana setup wizard

After selecting region and keyboard layout during the setup wizard with cortana, it showed that something went wrong. I restarted the computer and tried different regions and languages but there is no way i can move on to the next step. What should id do
    ?

AlexDimopoulos1, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Installation Wizard Not Working Properly

Hello Shajer,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed any further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Does the issue pertain to the particular software you are referring to?
    • Is the software compatible to work with Windows 10?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if you can install the software in Compatibility mode. Follow the below steps.

• Right click the setup file for the program, this can be designated as
      setup.exe or similar executable extension. Click
      Troubleshoot Compatibility to launch the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter wizard which will check for issues.

• Select the option “Troubleshoot program”
      and depending on the problems you are experiencing when attempting to install or use the software, check off the problems. Click on Next.

• Select a version of Windows the program is known to work in.

• Click on Next and then follow the on screen instructions.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Nokiabear Win User

N97 email setup wizard

thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately no joy. I've got 4 e-mailboxes, and they are already set with notification and retrieval disabled. And whilst I was checking them, that e-mail setup wizard activated itself again ... Creating an installation and setup wizard :(

I may call '3' as they carried out the repair

Nokiabear, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Creating an installation and setup wizard - Similar Threads - Creating installation setup

2. Setup Wizard fails to find disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup Wizard fails to find disc: Running the setup.exe for an app doesn't install it, the installation ends prematurely.It comes up with a popup saying "Invalid disk F:", for context my computer has 2 discs at the moment and they're "E" and "Z".There used to be an "F" but had to wipe a disc, the "F" wasn't...
  3. Setup Wizard fails to find disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup Wizard fails to find disc: Running the setup.exe for an app doesn't install it, the installation ends prematurely.It comes up with a popup saying "Invalid disk F:", for context my computer has 2 discs at the moment and they're "E" and "Z".There used to be an "F" but had to wipe a disc, the "F" wasn't...
  4. Setup Wizard fails to find disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Wizard Installer broken

Wizard Installer broken: This has been an issue for so frickin long. Everytime I try to download a .Rar file, The window for the Wizard Setupthe square thing that shows up after u click is like cut in half. I can’t click on anything because the Cancel and Accept/Continue buttons are like cut from the...
  6. Microphone not working unless I'm in the setup wizard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working unless I'm in the setup wizard.: I'm using the Astro a20 headset and I found that despite being able to hear myself, my PC doesn't pick up my microphone audio itself. But, I have noticed that during the setup wizard is the only time my PC manages to pick up sound from my mic. This means my PC can definitely...
  7. installer wizard problem

installer wizard problem: I keep having a problem, that every time I try and install remote play for PlayStation 4 on my dell latitude e5450 that has windows 10 on it, and every time the installer freezes and i have to use task manager to shut it down. i would just like to know how to install remote...
  8. Trying to install Windows 10 but it freezes before the setup wizard

Trying to install Windows 10 but it freezes before the setup wizard: I just finished building my computer and I am trying to install Windows 10 onto it. I'm using a USB flash drive and I downloaded the ISO using the media creation tool via Microsoft's website and I created the install media using Rufus. When I plug my USB into the computer and...
  9. Setup wizard

Setup wizard: I am trying to download epic games installer on my windows 10 hp touchsmart 15 but it keeps saying that installation ended prematurely can somebody help me out please?...
  10. Can't find setup wizard

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't find setup wizard: I can't find this (see attachment). [img] Don Cole 101718

Users found this page by searching for:

1. creating an installation wizard