Windows 10: Creating batch file on Win10

Discus and support Creating batch file on Win10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey, this is someone's previous answer of creating a bat file but it only works if you dont change the file name first to "*.bat" before you open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David111222, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Creating batch file on Win10

Hey, this is someone's previous answer of creating a bat file but it only works if you dont change the file name first to "*.bat" before you open the file:Open the fileClick Save AsSelect the desired locationIn the File name field, type Whatever.batIn the Type field, select All filesIn the Encoding field, select AnsiAfter a few minutes i figured out the problem why I couldnt create a bat file with this method because I changed the name to "*.bat" BEFORE opening the file. BUT it actually works with changing the name before saving if you go to save as-> go file name and delete

:)

David111222, Jun 9, 2022
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Jun 9, 2022
  3. Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Jun 9, 2022
  4. Flava0ne Win User

Creating batch file on Win10

Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

Tried both of the VB Scripts that you provided and adding the 9 switch to the batch file but neither was able to create a shortcut to my desktop.

Flava0ne, Jun 9, 2022
Thema:

Creating batch file on Win10

1. Creating batch file on Win10 - Similar Threads - Creating batch file

2. Creating batch file on Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating batch file on Win10: Hey, this is someone's previous answer of creating a bat file but it only works if you dont change the file name first to "*.bat" before you open the file:Open the fileClick Save AsSelect the desired locationIn the File name field, type Whatever.batIn the Type field, select...
  3. Creating batch file on Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating batch file on Win10: Hey, this is someone's previous answer of creating a bat file but it only works if you dont change the file name first to "*.bat" before you open the file:Open the fileClick Save AsSelect the desired locationIn the File name field, type Whatever.batIn the Type field, select...
  4. Creating a Batch File Example

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a Batch File Example: Hey All, I am not looking for someone to do the work for me, I'm trying to get a general idea of what I need to start at. It's been a few years since I've done a batch file and Windows 10 is so different than Windows 7. I am essentially wanting a batch file, that if I type a...
  5. Creating a batch file to send the label files to the printer

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a batch file to send the label files to the printer: is it possible to create a bat file to print a barcode label? 178788
  6. Need help to create a batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help to create a batch file: Hi Folks, I need to create a batch file that automatically takes permissions & delete the following file & folders File:- C:\Windows\System32\SecurityHealthSystray.exe Folders:-...
  7. How to create a batch file for network printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to create a batch file for network printer: How to create batch file for several network printers? I used the below info, but when I entered several printers only the first one worked. %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe \\ServerName\PrinterName...
  8. Create batch files with Batch?

Create batch files with Batch?: How to create Batch and VBS files with Batch? So I write a batch file which I then convert to exe that creates new folders in a certain directory and then creates batch and VBS files with a certain content and saves them in the created folder. So it's similar to a program...
  9. Create Multipurpose batch file

Create Multipurpose batch file: Hope this is the correct sub forum for this.. Often use a variety of command line functions e.g. winver / netplwiz etc etc Is there a way of creating a batchfile to include multiple commands with a number option to select...would be so handy i.e. 1 Netplwiz 2 Winver...
  10. Include date in file created by batch file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Include date in file created by batch file.: How can I add to this batch command to include the date: xcopy C:\all\* Z:\Allbak\* /E /Y /C I'd like the resulting file to be named "Z:\Allbak171129" (yr mo day). The plan is to set up a task schedule to run the batch file every week. I want to keep several previous...