Windows 10: Creating Bootable Media

Discus and support Creating Bootable Media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all,I have a quick question about creating a bootable usb stick.I am not to computer savvy so please bare with me. I read the tutorial on how to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eore, Jun 11, 2019 at 12:12 PM.

1. eore Win User

Creating Bootable Media

Hi all,I have a quick question about creating a bootable usb stick.I am not to computer savvy so please bare with me.
    I read the tutorial on how to do it with the media creation tool.Went as planned,I guess,haven't used it yet but what I
    wanted to know is I removed the usb stick for later use,is it now bootable.I have a year old Dell laptop that I want to
    do a clean install on.Do I have to do anything else to the usb stick before I use it,thank-you,Tony.

:)

2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

3. Cannot create bootable media

Hi Joe,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

Did you receive any error message while trying to create the bootable media?

I would suggest that you extract the files instead of copying it onto the bootable media. Once extracted, plug the media onto the system restart the computer and check if you are able to boot from it.

Note: Once the media Is connected it is advised not to unplug it. Also the media should contain only the ISO in it.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 11, 2019 at 12:15 PM
  4. Creating Bootable Media

Cannot create recovery drive or bootable usb using media creation tool

Hi Stuart,

To assist you better with your concern, are you getting an error message upon creating a recovery drive, as well as creating a bootable USB drive? If yes, what's the error message?

In addition to that, have you tried the steps from the following articles:

Regards.

Thema:

Creating Bootable Media

1. Creating Bootable Media - Similar Threads - Creating Bootable Media

2. Bootable Media

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bootable Media: Hello, I am attempting to create bootable media from a USB Thumbdrive, and using the windows 7 USB/DVD tool in order to boot from the device., when its at 100%, it says files copied successfully, but unable to run bootsect, to make the drive bootable. how would I go about...
  3. How to create bootable media.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create bootable media.: How do I create a Windows 10 boot disk? ***Modified Title from: Boot disk*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-bootable-media/e621aca1-af71-4fee-98e3-98a5cfb2c601
  4. How to create bootable media.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to create bootable media.: How do I create a Windows 10 boot disk? ***Modified Title from: Boot disk*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-bootable-media/e621aca1-af71-4fee-98e3-98a5cfb2c601
  5. Bootable thumb drive created with Media Creation Tool not recognized

Bootable thumb drive created with Media Creation Tool not recognized: Using my old Windows 7 x64 Ultimate machine, I have created a bootable thumb drive using the Media Creation Tool but the thumb drive is not being recognized by the new (target) PC where I want to install Windows 10, which is running a Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H motherboard with...
  6. Creating a bootable drive

Creating a bootable drive: I am going to be using a Clickfree backup drive as a Windows 10 bootable drive. [img] Does the bootable mage need to be burned onto the drive or can the file just be copied? 128448
  7. Creating a bootable drive

Creating a bootable drive: How can I use a USB drive that has Windows 10 CD image on there to create a bootable drive. Either USB or CD. I browse the files on the usb that I have and it has setup and folders for x86 and x64, etc....I want to make a bootable USB or CD for Windows 10. I also have a...
  8. Creating a Bootable Drive

Creating a Bootable Drive: Hello everyone, I am trying to create a bootable Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 flash drive using Rufus. This method use to work with me with all my Windows Enterprise Anniversary updates. For some reason, it is indeed not appearing when I restart my computer to boot into it....
  9. Testing a Win10 Bootable USB media created with Rufus?

Testing a Win10 Bootable USB media created with Rufus?: I had downloaded the latest Media Creation Tool which is the Windows 10 AU update and downloaded the ISO file. Then, I used Rufus to create a bootable USB flash drive whenever I need to perform a clean re-install of Windows 10 AU. I do not want to install the AU update...
  10. Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD

Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD: Does the Media Creation Tool create a bootable USB or DVD. If not how can I make it bootable? Jim 30984