Windows 10: Creating Bridge on Two ethernet network adapters

Discus and support Creating Bridge on Two ethernet network adapters in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi There,We Have a PC windows 10, with two ethernet network adapters : ethernet 1 and ethernet 21- For operational reasons, we created a bridge on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarcAMI1, Oct 20, 2021.

1. MarcAMI1 Win User

Creating Bridge on Two ethernet network adapters

Hi There,We Have a PC windows 10, with two ethernet network adapters : ethernet 1 and ethernet 21- For operational reasons, we created a bridge on the two ethernet network interfaces and an IP has been configured on the new Bridge.The download Speed through the bridge interface IP is extremely low : 3 KB/s2- Then, We removed the Bridge, and we gave it's IP to one of the ethernet network interfaces ethernet1. The download Speed through the ethernet1 interface IP is good.Why download throught the bridge IP is so slow ? am I missing anything ?Here is a simple diagram for comprehension : PC1 -

:)

MarcAMI1, Oct 20, 2021

2. Unable to bridge adapters

Hi Damo,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

A network bridge is software or hardware that connects two or more networks so that they can communicate. You can create only one network bridge on a computer, but one bridge can handle any number of network connections.

This issue may occur due to corrupt network drivers or settings.

Try the method below and check.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run network adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box in taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Network Adapter".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If issue persists uninstall the network adapter drivers and re-install the same and check if that fixes the issue.

Follow the steps to uninstall the network adapter drivers.

a. Press Windows Key + X and then click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand Network adapters.

c. Right on the Network Adapter and select uninstall.

e. Restart the computer.

Once completed, restart your computer. Your network adapter Drivers will automatically install.

To creating a network bridge, follow the steps below:

• In search type Network and Sharing Center and enter.
    • Now you can see different network connection. Hold down the Ctrl key and select each network connection that you want to add to the bridge.
    • Right-click one of the selected network connections, and then click Bridge Connections.
      If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 20, 2021
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 20, 2021
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Setting Up a Second Router as a Repeater/Range Extender/Bridge

How to create a Network Bridge on Windows 10

• Use the Windows key + X to open the Power User menu and select Network Connections, Ethernet, Network and Sharing Center,Change adapter settings
    • Select both, the WiFi network adapter that connects to the internet and the Ethernet adapter you want to use in the bridge connection.
    • Right-click the selection and click Bridge Connections.

There may be more, working from memory, since I am on HP laptop with 16215, connected by ethernet, and WiFi adapter is not working of course!

Fafhrd, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Creating Bridge on Two ethernet network adapters - Similar Threads - Creating Bridge ethernet

2. Bridge two networks on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bridge two networks on windows: Closed. This question is off-topic. It is not currently accepting answers.Hi I wonna ask if I have an ethernet network with an ehtenet NIC and access on internet and another wifi extended network with its wifi nic on a seperate network, if i bridge together the networks on...
  3. Bridge two networks on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bridge two networks on windows: Closed. This question is off-topic. It is not currently accepting answers.Hi I wonna ask if I have an ethernet network with an ehtenet NIC and access on internet and another wifi extended network with its wifi nic on a seperate network, if i bridge together the networks on...
  4. Ethernet Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Network Adapters: Probably a highly novice question, but where do I go in Windows settings to find out if a given computer has a single or dual band ethernet network adapter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-network-adapters/53587442-9d86-4398-b345-65a749b02eb6
  5. Ethernet Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Network Adapters: Probably a highly novice question, but where do I go in Windows settings to find out if a given computer has a single or dual band ethernet network adapter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-network-adapters/53587442-9d86-4398-b345-65a749b02eb6
  6. Ethernet Network Adapters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Creating Bridge on Two ethernet network adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Bridge on Two ethernet network adapters: Hi There,We Have a PC windows 10, with two ethernet network adapters : ethernet 1 and ethernet 21- For operational reasons, we created a bridge on the two ethernet network interfaces and an IP has been configured on the new Bridge.The download Speed through the bridge...
  8. Creating Bridge on Two ethernet network adapters

Creating Bridge on Two ethernet network adapters: Hi There,We Have a PC windows 10, with two ethernet network adapters : ethernet 1 and ethernet 21- For operational reasons, we created a bridge on the two ethernet network interfaces and an IP has been configured on the new Bridge.The download Speed through the bridge...
  9. Can't create a Network Bridge.

Can't create a Network Bridge.: Hello everyone, I have installed Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267, and when I go to adapter settings in Network and Sharing Center, I can't make a Network Bridge. I am trying to get Wifi and Ethernet together to get internet on my desktop PC, it doesnt have Wifi. Also...
  10. Trying to bridge ethernet to use laptops network adapter

Trying to bridge ethernet to use laptops network adapter: I've done this on windows 7 but I can't seem to get it to work on windows 10. Just to clarify I'm trying to have it so I can have other devices connect to the network from my laptops wireless adapter. Thanks for any help*Smile 92667