Windows 10: Creating copies

Discus and support Creating copies in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Why is my computer creating file copies when holding down CTRL and checking some files? submitted by /u/SmellyFeet2005 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SmellyFeet2005, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Creating copies

Why is my computer creating file copies when holding down CTRL and checking some files?

submitted by /u/SmellyFeet2005
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SmellyFeet2005, Mar 29, 2021
  2. Delicieuxz, Mar 29, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Creating copies

How to copy administrator user account

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to copy the user date and check if it helps.

Note: I suggest to create a new user profile and transfer user data to new account and delete or change the corrupt user profile.

Copy User Data: Follow the below steps to copy files to the new user profile

• Log on as a user other than the user whose profile you are copying files to or from.
    • In Windows Explorer, click View, and Check mark hidden files and folders, uncheck the
      Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click
      OK
    • Locate the C:\Users\Old Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want to copy user data from.
    • Press and hold down the CTRL key while you click each file and subfolder in this folder, except the following files:

• Ntuser.dat

• Ntuser.dat.log

• Ntuser.ini
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Copy
    • Locate the C:\Users\New Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and New Username is the name of the user profile that you created in the "Create a New User Profile" section.
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Paste
    • Log off the computer, and then log on as the new user.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Creating copies

1. Creating copies - Similar Threads - Creating copies

2. File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.: Dear Microsoft Wizards,I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and...
  3. File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.: Dear Microsoft Wizards,I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and...
  4. I want create a copy of my system on an external drive operating system and apps and files....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want create a copy of my system on an external drive operating system and apps and files....: Good morning, I have a laptop that runs on windows. I want create a copy of my system on an external drive, so that I can revive my computer to its current state operating system and apps and files. How can I do it, if it's possible? I think that creating a system image does...
  5. I want create a copy of my system on an external drive operating system and apps and files....

I want create a copy of my system on an external drive operating system and apps and files....: Good morning, I have a laptop that runs on windows. I want create a copy of my system on an external drive, so that I can revive my computer to its current state operating system and apps and files. How can I do it, if it's possible? I think that creating a system image does...
  6. I want create a copy of my system on an external drive operating system and apps and files....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. in file explorer, I'm trying to copy and paste a template folder I created, but it keeps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in file explorer, I'm trying to copy and paste a template folder I created, but it keeps...: While in file explorer, I'm trying to copy and paste a template folder I created, but it keeps duplicating the files within instead. How do I correct this?It was working fine earlier in the day, now I can't move forward with my work without doing an inconvenient work around I...
  8. in file explorer, I'm trying to copy and paste a template folder I created, but it keeps...

in file explorer, I'm trying to copy and paste a template folder I created, but it keeps...: While in file explorer, I'm trying to copy and paste a template folder I created, but it keeps duplicating the files within instead. How do I correct this?It was working fine earlier in the day, now I can't move forward with my work without doing an inconvenient work around I...
  9. in file explorer, I'm trying to copy and paste a template folder I created, but it keeps...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Excel spreadsheet that I created will now not let me edit or copy it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel spreadsheet that I created will now not let me edit or copy it: I purchased Microsoft Office for 6 months. An Excel spreadsheet that I created will now not let me edit or copy it. Message says "Upload blocked, we could not verify you have permission to upload the file". I can't do anything, edit, save, print, etc. I click on that text,...