Windows 10: Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts to Control Volume

Discus and support Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts to Control Volume in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok, been looking for a potential solution all morning. I'm wondering, is there's a simple keyboard shortcut that either exists or one I can create to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mkioman, Jul 21, 2018.

1. mkioman Win User

Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts to Control Volume

Ok, been looking for a potential solution all morning. I'm wondering, is there's a simple keyboard shortcut that either exists or one I can create to mute the volume of the current app I have open without having to open the volume mixer? It's just slightly annoying when you're listening to music in the background and an ad pops up in whatever game you have open. So, if there was a simple solution to press a quick button or combo of buttons to silence only the current window, that'd be awesome.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

:)

mkioman, Jul 21, 2018
  2. lenny00 Win User

Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

There is an information on how to create this shortcut posted here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=win...e..69i57j0.23785j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The problem I have is that unlike in Linux such a shortcut isn't working unless Volume Mixer icon on the taskbar is clicked upon.

So volume slider pops-up, then this shortcut works. As a result: I still need to use a mouse.

Can you, please suggest a way to create a keyboard shortcut to control Windows 10 audio volume (not an application audio volume), which won't involve using a mouse?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access

lenny00, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

Hello Lenny,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you using a laptop keyboard or external keyboard?
    Adjusting the volume levels using the keyboard shortcuts depends if your device/keyboard supports media keys.

Meanwhile, let's try creating a shortcut key for the Master Volume. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on an empty area on Desktop, then select
    New
    and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below:

C:\\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe -T 76611119 0

3. Click on Next button and provide a name for the said Shortcut and click Finish.

4. Right-click on it and select Properties.

5. Assigned your desired shortcut key like F11 or F10 by just pressing it in the
    Shortcut key area.

6. Click Apply and Click OK to save changes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts to Control Volume

How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts to Control Volume

1. Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts to Control Volume - Similar Threads - Creating Custom Keyboard

2. Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?: Hi Community,I would like to know how shut down my Windows 11 laptop from keyboard shortcuts not with ALT + F4 and on internet i've read the shortcut is CTRL + ALT + DELETE but it doesn't work. Generally i would like to know how i can customize if it's possible the keyboard...
  3. Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is customize keyboard shortcuts possible?: Hi Community,I would like to know how shut down my Windows 11 laptop from keyboard shortcuts not with ALT + F4 and on internet i've read the shortcut is CTRL + ALT + DELETE but it doesn't work. Generally i would like to know how i can customize if it's possible the keyboard...
  4. Creating custom keyboard shortcut for capitalized accent characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating custom keyboard shortcut for capitalized accent characters: Hi, i'm Italian and hence i have the "àèìòù" characters. However, i've bought a laptop w/o the numpad, and was wondering if there's any native way be it an option, a registry edit or whatever to assign custom shortcuts to the capitalized versions of the above characters ÀÈÌ...
  5. Volume Control on Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Control on Keyboard: I can't get the volume control switches on my keyboard to work properly. When I use volume up or down and mute switches, my computer switches over to Outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-control-on-keyboard/224b64a7-1972-41aa-8154-abe2cae7927e
  6. Keyboard shortcut for volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard shortcut for volume?: Hi All! I have spent a long time trying to find a keyboard shortcut to turn the volume up or down. That failed so I tried to make a hotkey but don't know how to code so that also failed. Am I missing something or is there a way to get it to work? thank you. submitted by...
  7. Create custom shortcut for Ccleaner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create custom shortcut for Ccleaner: Does anyone know how to get these commands into one shortcut that will launch them when clicked? [img] RUNAS regedit /s "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\System Stuff\Ccleaner Reg\Ccleaner.reg" RUNAS regedit /s "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\System Stuff\Ccleaner Reg\Ccleaner2.reg"...
  8. Create custom shortcut for Ccleaner

in Windows 10 Support
    Create custom shortcut for Ccleaner: Does anyone know how to get these commands into one shortcut that will launch them when clicked? [img] RUNAS regedit /s "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\System Stuff\Ccleaner Reg\Ccleaner.reg" RUNAS regedit /s "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\System Stuff\Ccleaner Reg\Ccleaner2.reg"...
  9. Customize Keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Customize Keyboard shortcuts: I want to create keyboard shortcuts using modifiers or combinations thereof to insert characters like # and é without using the Character Map. Is there a way to do this? I have looked through Settings but came up blank....
  10. How to create custom Keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create custom Keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In the quest to maximize productivity and blitz through the flood of Windows 10 applications at top speed, ‘Keyboard Shortcuts’ aid as one secret weapon. Windows 10 offers you the option to create custom keyboard shortcuts that allow you to [...] This post...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. volume shortcut

2. volume shortcut key

3. volume shortcut windows 10

4. volume keyboard shortcut windows 10,
  5. hot key for volum control,
  6. volume shortcuts,
  7. create keyboard shortcuts for volume control,
  8. windows 10 volume keyboard shortcut,
  9. volume shortcut key windows 10,
  10. shortcut volume key,
  11. short cut volume,