Windows 10: Creating/Deploying Windows 10 Image

Discus and support Creating/Deploying Windows 10 Image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm only a part time computer geek (OK, so more than part time), but I haven't dived into Windows ICD or image deployment. I know you use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by muzicman82, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Creating/Deploying Windows 10 Image

Hi all,

I'm only a part time computer geek (OK, so more than part time), but I haven't dived into Windows ICD or image deployment. I know you use ICD to customize a provisioning package or image, but are there official tools or ways of converting a working live Windows 10 installation into a deployable image?

In the past, I'd just make the system the way I went prior to activating windows or entering a product key, then image the drive with Acronis and then deploy and lastly activate. Is this OK to do, or should I go another route.

I realistically only need the image to deploy to a few identical targets.

Thanks!

:)

muzicman82, Jun 20, 2016
  2. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 20, 2016
  3. How to make a legal disk image of Windows 7 (or 10). I was hoping to create a disk image, sysprep it, and distribute it

Windows 7:

How to backup your installation of Windows 7

Windows 10:

Proper resources for deploying Windows 7 and Windows 10:

Deploying Windows 7 - Part 1: Windows AIK 2.0 Enhancements

also

Deploy Windows 10 with the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (Windows 10)

Andre Da Costa, Jun 20, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Creating/Deploying Windows 10 Image

Thema:

Creating/Deploying Windows 10 Image

1. Creating/Deploying Windows 10 Image - Similar Threads - Creating Deploying Image

2. Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue: Last year I upgraded windows 10 1809 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510. I sysprepped the image and I have been deploying it to different model Dells without any problem. Now I upgraded that 2004 image to 20H2. Update was successful, sysprep runs successfully and laptop shuts...
  3. Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue: Last year I upgraded windows 10 1809 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510. I sysprepped the image and I have been deploying it to different model Dells without any problem. Now I upgraded that 2004 image to 20H2. Update was successful, sysprep runs successfully and laptop shuts...
  4. License issue about creating clone image of windows 10 and deploy on the different machines...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License issue about creating clone image of windows 10 and deploy on the different machines...: Our company owns Windows 10 pro education VL keys as an education institute. In the computer labs, we have about 600 laptops which have OEM Windows 10 keys from the manufacturersDell/lenovo/HP. Is there any license issues to create windows image from a system and deploy on...
  5. Creating a deployment windows 10 image

Creating a deployment windows 10 image: Looking to create a deployment method for windows 10 pro image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-deployment-windows-10-image/0e17cc7e-fc76-461e-a0b7-a6ca36ef2da4
  6. Creating System Image in Windows 10

Creating System Image in Windows 10: Regarding backups in Windows 10 based on the RECENT responses from the Microsoft Community to me regarding my concern: Ways of doing System Image: Control panel to Backup and Restore (Windows 7) to Create a System Image. Or Search for File history and select Create a...
  7. Windows 10 - Deployment Image - Loses %appdata%

Windows 10 - Deployment Image - Loses %appdata%: Hi There, I found this forum thru KariTheFinn's YouTube Videos which are superb! My first post is a problem that hunts me since quite some time now. I startet too more or less ignore it since it was only a problem with one program. But since I switch mail clients it's now...
  8. Create universal Windows 10 image?

Create universal Windows 10 image?: Hello, I am trying to create a universal windows 10 image based off of Enterprise X64 for work. A lot has changed since Windows 7, but for the most part ive got the image doing what I need it to do (Auto domain binding, prompting for computer name, auto wifi binding etc..)...
  9. Best way to create W10 Pro reference computer and deploy the image

Best way to create W10 Pro reference computer and deploy the image: Hi All, I've got some new DELL AIO Optiplex 3240s that are now running W10 Pro after successful clean installs. I am needing to set one up as a reference computer and then deploy that image to the rest of them. This is for the small library I work at, so we don't have a...
  10. Create System Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create System Image in Windows 10: How to: Create System Image in Windows 10 How to Create a System Image in Windows 10 [img] Information A system image is an exact copy of all system disks which can be used to restore your PC to the state it was in at the time the image was made. By default, a system...