Windows 10: Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In

Discus and support Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi All, As we become an increasingly remote workforce, I would like to get away from asking for user credentials completely and make it so I can... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by syosm, Nov 19, 2020.

1. syosm Win User

Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In

Hi All,

As we become an increasingly remote workforce, I would like to get away from asking for user credentials completely and make it so I can deploy a new computer to a user without having to log into their account. It's hard for an IT Administrator to enforce the IT Policy in password sharing when the IT administrator keeps asking for passwords. Even worse with our workforce being out of the office.

The goal of this would be to set up the account as a cached login without having to log into the account myself, bypassing any need to gain knowledge of the credentials of the user.

On MacOS, I use the following to add a domain user as a cached, mobile account on the domain-bound device:
    sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/ManagedClient.app/Contents/Resources/createmobileaccount -n username

Is there a Windows equivalent to this?

:)

syosm, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

3. Scoggs Win User
    Domain users immediately logged out

We got it figured out.

Below is the guide my boss made to fix the issue:

After certain Windows updates, standard users (users who are not members of Elevated Group) cannot log into machines that they have not previously logged into. They input their credentials properly but are immediately signed out.

The cause for this issue is that the Default User profile is corrupted by the update, and the new user cannot create a profile, because the system cannot use the Default profile template to properly create a proper registry key. One will be created, but
    it is corrupted.

To fix this issue follow these instructions:

• Go to C:\Users
    • If you cannot see the Default user folder click “View” and check the box next to “Hidden files”. Be sure to uncheck this box when you are finished with all other steps.
    • Rename the Default folder to “Default.bak”
    • Go to C:\Windows.old\Users (If there’s no Windows.old folder use the backup Default folder in this share to complete the following steps ****see below****)
    • Copy the Default user folder.
    • Go back to C:\Users and paste the Default folder there.
    • If a folder has been created for the affected user, delete it.
    • Deselect the check box next to “hidden files”.
    • Right click over the Windows icon and select Run.
    • In the “Open” window type “regedit.exe” to open the registry editor.
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
    • Find the registry entry of the affected user (should have a .bak extension) and delete it.
    • After a restart of the machine the user should be able to log in successfully

Scoggs, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In

I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In

1. Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In - Similar Threads - Creating Domain User

2. How to create a user profile without logging in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a user profile without logging in?: Hello,We are preparing a new Windows image. After sysprep, some user profiles should be created automatically and certain files should be copied to their profiles. I have found this command to create a user profile "runas /env /profile /user:<domain>\<username> cmd.exe", but...
  3. How to create a user profile without logging in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a user profile without logging in?: Hello,We are preparing a new Windows image. After sysprep, some user profiles should be created automatically and certain files should be copied to their profiles. I have found this command to create a user profile "runas /env /profile /user:<domain>\<username> cmd.exe", but...
  4. How to create a user profile without logging in?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Domain user getting a temporary profile when logging on a workstation

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Domain user getting a temporary profile when logging on a workstation: One of the domain user is getting logged onto a temporary profile on any workstation that they log onto. I have checked the registry and removed the corrupted user profile. Ensured that the user profile was deleted. Also performed a sfc and dism. DISM fails when you do a scan...
  6. NTUSER.DAT and domain user profile problem.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    NTUSER.DAT and domain user profile problem.: I have an issue with the profile on my PC. My PC is part of a domain and each time it starts it loads my profile and group policy. A month ago I added myself to a group in AD called 'terminal servers' as I was planning on setting up remote access. This group is used for our...
  7. Creating User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating User Profile: hey, it is possible to create another user account with admin privileges but not being able to delete another admin user account? if so, how? windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-user-profile/14a0ba41-d9f0-4696-843a-c6788a0fb8a8
  8. Logging in as new User in domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging in as new User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  9. Logging in as Other User in domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging in as Other User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  10. Domain users are getting a temporary profile

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain users are getting a temporary profile: Clean install of Windows10_InsiderPreview_x64_EN-US_10074 After joining domain non admin users are getting a temporary profile and the start menu will not work. did not have this issue on earlier builds My domain admin user account is working fine 6935