Windows 10: Creating DVD discs using stored home movie files on USB flash drive

Discus and support Creating DVD discs using stored home movie files on USB flash drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; -- I have a lot of good quality HD home movies that are stored on a SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB flash drive that I would like to be able to burn onto DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GaryMoyer_88, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Creating DVD discs using stored home movie files on USB flash drive

-- I have a lot of good quality HD home movies that are stored on a SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB flash drive that I would like to be able to burn onto DVD discs using my HP-15 laptop PC which has Windows 10.

-- My question is, will the Windows Media Player on my PC allow me to accomplish this without adding additional apps ? -- I can now burn music files to CD discs with no problem, but so far cannot find a way to transfer /burn my movie files onto DVD player discs even tho I can easily view these movies on my PC screen when the SanDisk flash drive is plugged into PC.

-- Any info or tips to enable me to burn this flash drive movie data onto DVD discs would be greatly appreciated.

- Thanx, - Gary

:)

GaryMoyer_88, Oct 8, 2020
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Creating a Recovery Drive on USB flash Drive

I want to create a Recovery Drive on a USB Flash Drive. When I click on Recovery Media Creation, and then go to the next step, I get the message:

We cant create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing. To troubleshoot problems when your PC cant start, use your Windows Installation disc or media

Unquote

I don't have a Windows Installation disc, since I got a free upgrade to Windows 10. What should I do?

J. V. Adavi

J. V.Adavi, Oct 8, 2020
  4. regism Win User

Creating DVD discs using stored home movie files on USB flash drive

How to create Windows 10 system image on a usb flash drive

How do you create a system repair disc on a USB flash drive that enables you to install the system image that you created on a USB flash drive? When I click 'Create a system repair disc', a message comes up that says this can only be done on a CD or DVD.

regism, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Creating DVD discs using stored home movie files on USB flash drive

1. Creating DVD discs using stored home movie files on USB flash drive - Similar Threads - Creating DVD discs

2. How do I disabled "use as a USB flash drive" for a CD/DVD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disabled "use as a USB flash drive" for a CD/DVD drive: I recently got a new external CD/DVD drive, and have been using DVD+RW disks with it. As an experiment, i tried selecting "use as a USB flash drive" in the menu. After ejecting the disk, and placing it back in, it did not show the prompt again and only allowed me to "use as a...
  3. create file backup using a flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    create file backup using a flash drive: How do I copy all of my word documents, I have Office Professional Plus 2016. I want to create a back up of these files on a flash drive. It's the safest way to save them in case future updates for my office program is changed on the next Windows 10 Home Updates. Or you can...
  4. How to create a movie DVD from an MP4 file?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to create a movie DVD from an MP4 file?: Can someone please recommend software which will allow me to create a DVD playable in a home DVD player, from an MP4 file?I tried Roxio which was junk!...
  5. Burn a Disc: How do you want to use this disc? Like a USB flash drive or With a CD/DVD player?

Burn a Disc: How do you want to use this disc? Like a USB flash drive or With a CD/DVD player?: When saving files to a disc, I was presented with the question: "How do you want to use this disk? Options were: - Like a USB flash drive - With a CD/DVD player Below was a link: Which one should I chose? I clicked the link which connected me to:...
  6. Copy a DVD onto a usb drive flash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copy a DVD onto a usb drive flash: How do I Copy a DVD onto a usb drive flash? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-a-dvd-onto-a-usb-drive-flash/717a7fe9-432b-499c-aa65-aa77754a0457
  7. Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart: Hi, Its great to see the addition of Option 4 (Diskpart method) in the Create Bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 10 Tutorial . Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 There's an extra command directly after the clean command, "convert mbr". Is this...
  8. Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart: Hi, Its great to see the addition of Option 4 (Diskpart method) in the Create Bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 10 Tutorial . Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 There's an extra command directly after the clean command, "convert mbr". Is this...
  9. Using Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive: Hi All, Ive decided to use Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive instead of using the Media Creation Tool to create the Windows 10 media. Im just going to use the Media Creation Tool to download the iso image and diskpart to prepare the flash drive. Are the following...
  10. USB flash disc not recognised

USB flash disc not recognised: This is a strange one. I have a 64GB USB flash disc. I put about 30GB of files on it (mp3 & PDF). When I checked it when I finished all was okay. Next day I wanted to put more files on it but when I plugged it in...nothing. I tried Disk Management but although it showed the...