Windows 10: Creating External Switch error: General access denied error

Discus and support Creating External Switch error: General access denied error in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; My current computer is: Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 Patched and up to date My network adapter has the most current driver The desktop has 8 CPU's, 32... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Dusty98007, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Creating External Switch error: General access denied error

My current computer is:

Windows 10 Pro Version 1803
    Patched and up to date
    My network adapter has the most current driver
    The desktop has 8 CPU's, 32 GB RAM, plenty of horsepower

Creating External Switch error: General access denied error [​IMG]

A few months ago I upgraded from Windows 10 Pro Version 1709

Before the upgrade from 1709 to 1803, I was able create to create switches by using PowerShell at will under.

Now I cannot create an external or internal switch, only a private switch.

Things I have tried to fix the issue:

netcfg -d and reboot
    Remove Hyper-V and reboot and reinstall
    Reviewed the errors in the event log
    Reviewing posts in this forum
    Reviewing posts in Microsoft forums
    Try using the Hyper-V GUI to create an external switch twice in a row with different error messages:

I really need help please ! Any ideas?

Dusty

:)

Dusty98007, Jul 24, 2018
  2. zorvek Win User

Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

I get the error "bind failed: General access denied error" when I try to create an external virtual switch.

I tried running Hyper-V with as admin without success.

Kevin

zorvek, Jul 24, 2018
  3. MarGeXL Win User
    Windows 10 - Hyper-V - Virtual Switch and Ethernet port General access denied error 0x80070005

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Pro and when I try to add external New Virtual Switch (via option „Virtual Switch Manager…”) to my current virtual machine I always receive warning message: „Can’t connect Ethernet port {signature} failed. General access denied error (0x80070005).”

Creating External Switch error: General access denied error d4698150-6d69-4bad-b483-0d9fae4d99cd.png

Somebody knows how can I solve this problem?

MarGeXL, Jul 24, 2018
  4. joeyCoyle Win User

Creating External Switch error: General access denied error

Access Denied on External Drive

I was hoping that this take ownership feature would give me access to files I have on an external drive formatted with NTFS.

I am still receiving the following error when I try to copy a file from the external drive to anywhere on my local drive or if I try to play an mp3 song or open any office documents. I receive a message from these apps that the program cannot access this file.

I am prompted to provide permission but still get file access denied. I am currently logged in with an administrator account JCLATOP\Joe

joeyCoyle, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Creating External Switch error: General access denied error

1. Creating External Switch error: General access denied error - Similar Threads - Creating External Switch

2. Access denies error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denies error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  3. Access denies error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denies error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  4. Access denies error

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Error Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error Access Denied: I opened my computer to see my discord just grey and tried to end it and it didn't work. I then went into task manager and it still didn't work saying access denied. I didn't know what to do so i opened discord again and it worked fine but the other one was still there. It...
  6. Access denied error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access denied error: After getting Windows update notification I update Windows 10, when updates complete I facing issue my hard drive D : hard disk partition access denied error, my all data this partition, C : windows partition is working, Kindly support me to fix this issue and I get my all...
  7. Error: Unable to create a temporary file. Access denied.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error: Unable to create a temporary file. Access denied.: I am usong Windows 10 with administrator rights, and using Quick Heal Total Security. I downloaded a game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare(Remastered) from www.crohasit.com . As I clicked on setup.exe it asked my permission to run it and then displayed me the above error...
  8. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.: I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error : G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. This happened once before several weeks ago and...
  9. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Support
    Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.: I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error : G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. This happened once before several weeks ago and...
  10. Access denied error

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied error: I was playing around with the security tab in properties menu in a folder. I removed a couple of users's access in there. But I didn't remove the administrator's access. after applying, I lost my access to the whole drive. I tried to add the removed users's accesses to that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v error 0x80070005 network private to external

2. hyper-v bind failed access denied

3. ethernet port bind failed general access denied error virtual switch

4. bind failed: General access denied error (0x80070005),
  5. virtual switch and ethernet port general access denied error 0x80070005,
  6. windows 10 hyper-v cannot create virtual switch general access denied 0x80070005 rdp