Windows 10: Creating Files on File Explorer

Discus and support Creating Files on File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was wondering if it is possible to save a pre made folder when creating a new folder in file explorer so you wouldn't have to make the same folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SSCManiac, Sep 18, 2021.

1. SSCManiac Win User

Creating Files on File Explorer

I was wondering if it is possible to save a pre made folder when creating a new folder in file explorer so you wouldn't have to make the same folder every time?For example : I create a new folder with in that folder is nothing but I add new folders with there subjective names. Now I have a folder that has everything organized in adding my Doc. in them. Would I be able to make a default setting that already makes my new folder with folders premade and named already for I would not have to repeat the prosses already?

:)

SSCManiac, Sep 18, 2021
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Sep 18, 2021
  4. Creating Files on File Explorer

File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

Creating Files on File Explorer

1. Creating Files on File Explorer - Similar Threads - Creating Files File

2. File Explorer update created a crazy mess

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer update created a crazy mess: Hello !Recently, probably less than a week ago, Windows updated itself Win 11 Family - 10.0.22621 Build 22621 and completely changed the way the file explorer is displayed. Now, instead of finding my previously pinned files and folders, I'm presented with a "Home" page that...
  3. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  4. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  5. File Explorer can't create new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer can't create new folder: I have a new laptop which came with Windows 10 Home 2004, during my install/update/clean process it got updated to 20H2. I partitoned the disk and created a Users folder on drive D. At some point since File Explorer stopped creating new folders, right clicking doesn't show...
  6. File Explorer Create date attribute

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Create date attribute: When I change a file create date to any date before 1980, File Explorer does not show the date attribute and sorting by date does not work. I am using Bulk File Changer or Attribute Changer to change the attribute. I believe this is a bug....
  7. File Explorer - Creating new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Creating new folders: Windows 1909 and before. Issue: When I try to create a new folder in File Explorer I can only type one letter then File Explorer acts like I pressed enter. For example if I Create a try to creater called " File Explorer will only let me create a folder called "j" The work...
  8. Cannot create New Folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create New Folder in File Explorer: It works fine, but suddenly today the New menu disappeared from my click menu when I click on any blank place in a folder. What's worse, if I click the New Folder button under the File Explorer top menu, there is no response. In the end, I can only create new folders using...
  9. how to create a desktop icon for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    how to create a desktop icon for file explorer: I just moved from W7 to W10 and haven't been able to figure out how to create a desktop app icon for file explorer. I can do it for apps that I've loaded, but can't figure it out for special Windows programs. Yes, I have it in my task bar and can clearly see it in the...
  10. Creating shortcuts freeze explorer / create tmp files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating shortcuts freeze explorer / create tmp files.: Hello, I currently have reformatted & installed Windows 10. I've been having this weird issue where if I rename / create shortcuts my computer will freeze. After about 15-20 seconds, explorer will restart and put files "~ew shortcut.tmp / New shortcut.lnk~RF3cc187.TMP" on my...