Windows 10: Creating folder on desktop redirected folders error

Discus and support Creating folder on desktop redirected folders error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A member of staff wanted to clean up his desktop and started messing with the folders. Unfortunately he does not remember what he did prior to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ECH_IT, Jan 30, 2019.

1. ECH_IT Win User

Creating folder on desktop redirected folders error

A member of staff wanted to clean up his desktop and started messing with the folders. Unfortunately he does not remember what he did prior to the error. His desktop is full up of icons and now when right clicking and adding new folder he gets the message below.

Creating folder on desktop redirected folders error c9b81105-88da-4106-913e-3674a712bba3?upload=true.png

He has a laptop as well and the same error is displaying there. He can create a new folder in documents and drag it onto his desktop but cannot directly create a folder on his desktop. He does not have admin access.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

ECH_IT, Jan 30, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Creating folder on desktop redirected folders error :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Creating folder on desktop redirected folders error :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 30, 2019
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Pavan MK Win User

Why all my newly created files and folders Encrypted in Desktop?

Every time I create a new folder or file and save it to my Desktop, a gold padlock icon appears on it. I tried the following steps but no use:

1. Go to C:\Users\User_Name and select Desktop folder, right click on it, select properties, then go to Advanced, unchecked the option "Encrypt the option to secure data". Then it shows one error as

"An error occurred trying to apply attributes to the file:

C:\Users\User_name\Desktop

The specific file could not be decrypted" .

2. Open an administrator command line and run "cipher /u /n" to list all the EFS files.

Then run "cipher /d "path to the file"" to decrypt all the EFS files.

Any other suggestions ?

Regards

Pavan MK, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Creating folder on desktop redirected folders error - Similar Threads - Creating folder desktop

2. Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder: My Pictures folder redirects to my Documents folder and I'm unable to separate them--changing location for one affects the other see screenshot. Restoring the default path for my Documents changed the Pictures folder to the same path see below: Original Documents...
  3. Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder: My Pictures folder redirects to my Documents folder and I'm unable to separate them--changing location for one affects the other see screenshot. Restoring the default path for my Documents changed the Pictures folder to the same path see below: Original Documents...
  4. Pictures Folder Redirects to Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Error attempting to redirect Documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Error attempting to redirect Documents folder: Windows 10 Home version: 19041.208 On a brand new machine, I have a 1TB SSD with System and Games partitions, and a 4TB HDD for storage. On my previous Win 7 system, I had a 64GB System SSD and it was ample once I created Junction Links to redirect my large Program Files...
  6. Folder Redirection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder Redirection: I created a folder on Windows 10 and on my Server 2016 I created a GPO that will direct Desktop of the users on the domain to the folder I created on Windows 10. Because I applied wrong the GPO I tried to delete it and unchecked the share box on the folder I created under...
  7. Folder Redirection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder Redirection: Dear Support I applied Folder Redirection and it works fine But when the user delete the file from the client machine, it also deleted from the server I need to keep all the delete file on the server even if the user deleted from the client machine Waiting for your...
  8. unable to create folder on the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to create folder on the desktop: Hi I have a problem with my Win 10 I can not create a new folder directly on my desktop first I get message that I need to confirm the action [img] and when I click continue to that I get another pop up window that I need permission to perform this action [img]...
  9. Redirect Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Redirect Folders: I'd like to redirect the Downloads folder to a different disk (D drive). What's the best method? a. Right click Downloads folder -> Location -> change path b. or, use mklink? Thanks! 21618
  10. Folder Redirection Dilemma

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Redirection Dilemma: Win7 was originally installed on Disk 3 (265GB SSD) and I redirected the location of the document, pictures, music, video, downloads, and desktop folders to Disk 1 to save space. Before I upgraded to Win10, and later did a clean install on a new SSD, I created an image of the...