Windows 10: Creating installation media

Discus and support Creating installation media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I installed window 10 installation media for my pc in another computerwindow 7.Because i reset my pc without creating a bootable usb.But now i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 284NJMDKJL, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Creating installation media

Hello,

I installed window 10 installation media for my pc in another computerwindow 7.Because i reset my pc without creating a bootable usb.But now i am not able to run the installation media in the the window 7 .it tells me to restart and run it again but no change happen.Can't I create window 10 installiation media using window 7?Also if i could, we there be a change on the window 7 computer?It is not mine..if there is any risk please do tell PLEASE HELP.....my pc is win 10

:)

284NJMDKJL, Dec 20, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

windows 10 Installation media disk

Hi Shaela,

To create a Windows 10 recovery DVD or USB, we suggest that you download and use the media creation tool from the

Microsoft software download website
    . To create an installation or repair media, follow the steps below:

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website
    • Download the media creation tool and then run it. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
    • Select Create installation media for another PC.
    • Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
    • Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to send a reply.

Gino Des, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. NavyLCDR Win User

Creating installation media

Can't create Windows 10 Installation Media. Any ideas?

Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive

Pay particular attention to the important note after step 9. Personally, I just always use FAT32 because FAT32 is compatible with both legacy BIOS and UEFI. For step 12 you mount your ISO file and copy all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive.

NavyLCDR, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Creating installation media

1. Creating installation media - Similar Threads - Creating installation media

2. Error message while creating Installation Media.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message while creating Installation Media.: Hi everyone. Here is attached the error message screenshot. I'm Dev Channel Insider. I wish to leave Insider Program. The only way to do that is creating a fresh Install of Windows 11 Pro 23H2. This install will erase all apps and files and create new partitions on my SSD....
  3. How to create installation media on a USB drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create installation media on a USB drive?: Hello, I am trying to create installation media for a new PC on a USB. When I launch the media creation tool, I get all the way to the architecture specifics screen, when it tells me there is not enough room on my laptop, with no option to put it on the USB instead of the...
  4. Creating Installation Media Failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Installation Media Failing: I'm currently trying to create a new Installation boot on a fresh 64Gb USB stick and I have 10 gb free on my C drive. Everywhere I look it says I only Need 8Gb of space free on both my C drive and USB to be able to make a Windows Installer but after downloading the...
  5. Creating Installation Media Failing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating Installation Media Failing: I'm currently trying to create a new Installation boot on a fresh 64Gb USB stick and I have 10 gb free on my C drive. Everywhere I look it says I only Need 8Gb of space free on both my C drive and USB to be able to make a Windows Installer but after downloading the...
  6. Creating Installation Media Failing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Create Windows 10 installation media from WinPE media

Create Windows 10 installation media from WinPE media: I am currently running Linux on an older non-UEFI system, which recently had Windows 10 installed on it. Originally the PC had Windows 7 installed and was upgraded to 10. I am hoping to bypass the steps of recovering Windows 7 and upgrading, and instead install Windows 10...
  8. Installation Media not creating Pro version media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installation Media not creating Pro version media: Hello, - I currently have Windows 10 Pro. - I created Installation media from here - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 - I selected 'same config as this PC', when creating the media. The dropdown selection did not have Win 10 Pro - Upon...
  9. Creating installation media

Creating installation media: would creating a installation media of windows 10 and installing windows 10 delete my- 1pre installed apps 2both graphic card-amd,intel 3microsoft office-powerpoint,word etc can it change my digitally activated and licensed windows 10 become unlicensed and unactivate...
  10. Create a Windows 10 installation Media Error

Create a Windows 10 installation Media Error: I'm am trying to fix my computer by installing a Windows 10 installation Media on my empty, more than 9GB USB. Everytime, it loads up to 100%, I get an error. It says 0x80042405 - 0xA001A. Help!...