Windows 10: Creating multiple folders for PDFs

Discus and support Creating multiple folders for PDFs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have nearly 1,000 PDF files in a single folder and I want to create individual folders for each PDF file and name those folders the same as the PDFs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bobper, Mar 18, 2020.

1. bobper Win User

Creating multiple folders for PDFs

I have nearly 1,000 PDF files in a single folder and I want to create individual folders for each PDF file and name those folders the same as the PDFs. I'd hate to create individual folders for each PDF file I have, that would take a very long time so...

Is there a shortcut that will allow me to create one/multiple folders and place the respective PDF in that folder? I was hoping to just right-click on the PDF and have the option to create folder and name the folder the same as the file name.

Thanks.

:)

bobper, Mar 18, 2020

2. Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF mixes up JPGs.

Hi Anita,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What happens when you select small bunch of images and try to print?
    • Is the issue specific to the Microsoft Print to PDF?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Create a new folder and copy the images you want in PDF.
    • Sort the images as you want. (It always copies as per the sorted time/date)
    • Set the images in Order/Sequence as you want it to be set in PDF.
    • Select all and Print it to PDF.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Creating multiple folders for PDFs

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Creating multiple folders for PDFs

1. Creating multiple folders for PDFs - Similar Threads - Creating multiple folders

2. How to print multiple PDFs at once on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to print multiple PDFs at once on Windows 10: We receive virtual faxes in my office in PDF form, and print a whole bunch of them at the beginning of the day. We have to open them in Microsoft Edge and print each individual fax. I tried dragging and dropping them into the printer's queue, but I got this message: "This...
  3. does one drive create multiple folder on pc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    does one drive create multiple folder on pc?: the users pc has several one drive folders which I believe that is eating up space in the pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-one-drive-create-multiple-folder-on-pc/ca5baa7a-1497-4b63-94de-db40005dcbc5
  4. does one drive create multiple folder on pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does one drive create multiple folder on pc?: the users pc has several one drive folders which I believe that is eating up space in the pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-one-drive-create-multiple-folder-on-pc/ca5baa7a-1497-4b63-94de-db40005dcbc5
  5. does one drive create multiple folder on pc?

6. How do I create separate PDFs from files contained in individual folders?

How do I create separate PDFs from files contained in individual folders?: Hello!Thank you for assisting! I have multiple folders with 80ish photos in each folder and I am using Adobe pro to combine all photos into one pdf. Right now I am just right clicking each folder and waiting for each file to load then combining and then saving it. I have...
  7. How do I create separate PDFs from files contained in individual folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I create separate PDFs from files contained in individual folders?: Hello!Thank you for assisting! I have multiple folders with 80ish photos in each folder and I am using Adobe pro to combine all photos into one pdf. Right now I am just right clicking each folder and waiting for each file to load then combining and then saving it. I have...
  8. How do I create separate PDFs from files contained in individual folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows Creating Multiple User Folders in C:\Users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Creating Multiple User Folders in C:\Users: My windows 10 64bit got corrupt, so I decided to do a system restore and kept my files. After finally setting all the way back up I noted a bunch of folders in the C:\Users section of my drive that keep getting created every time I boot into windows. In addition to this,...
  10. Multiple Temp folders/files created at startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Temp folders/files created at startup: Hello, I was recently trying a few different AV programmes on my Win10 Pro machine. When I restart the machine, or it wakes from sleep, multiple folders & tmp files are created, probably 20-30 or so, all the files are zero size. There are also a bunch of SDIAG folders,...