Windows 10: Creating new factory reset recovery partition

Discus and support Creating new factory reset recovery partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have recently upgraded my storage drive to ssd . Before transferring my OS to SSD i deleted the 'push button reset' system partition which had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by touash, Nov 29, 2020.

1. touash Win User

Creating new factory reset recovery partition

Hi

I have recently upgraded my storage drive to ssd . Before transferring my OS to SSD i deleted the 'push button reset' system partition which had windows recovery environment.

Now after transferring my OS to SSD I want to create factory reset partition containing window recovery environment as I had before.

Please guide me how can I create that partition on my storage drive

:)

touash, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

For awhile I had been wondering how to create a recovery partition to reinstall windows without the need do find my thumb drive or disk, or hell burn another. With that in mind i figured others would also like to know. Therefor I have created this Video (720P processing of vid can take upto 30min from orig post date stamp, quality will improve) and thread on how to create a BASIC recovery partition to install/repair a windows installation using a new or existing hard drive. Without the need to buy software.

Creating a recovery Partition

Creating and restoring from a current image​

[yt]3iZHR2q7T-8[/yt]​
    Feel free to sticky if you find it appropriate.

Solaris17, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Factory recovery - Create a Custom Recovery Partition  

Note: other members might object the following recommendation. It is only my personal, subjective opinion about what you should do.

Having checked that your DVD recovery set works, store the disks in a safe place. Format the current recovery partition, NTFS file system, and assign it a drive ID letter, then use it to create your own Windows 10 recovery media on that partition as told in this tutorial.

One minor thing, not an issue but something you might want to do: You told that the current recovery partition is 25 GB. It is at least 5 to 10 GB bigger than needed for your own recovery media. If you want to free the unused space, you can shrink that partition when your recovery media is created and you can see how much space is needed.

However, usually those recovery partitions are last on the disk. You cannot shrink a partition "backwards" with native Windows Disk Management tool, in other words free space on it to give more space for partition before it. For that you must use a third party partitioning tool like MiniTool Partition Wizard.

Following the instructions in tutorial step by step, the procedure is really easy, straight forward.

Thema:

1. Creating new factory reset recovery partition - Similar Threads - Creating factory reset

2. Creating new partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating new partition: I have an Asus ZenBook 14 Laptop. When I went to disk management I don't see any unallocated disk space but when I checked properties of the C: drive only one I have it shows I have 830 GB free. When I try to make a new partition there are only 50 GB available for it. Any...
  3. Creating new partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating new partition: I have an Asus ZenBook 14 Laptop. When I went to disk management I don't see any unallocated disk space but when I checked properties of the C: drive only one I have it shows I have 830 GB free. When I try to make a new partition there are only 50 GB available for it. Any...
  4. Creating a recovery PARTITION NOT USB

Creating a recovery PARTITION NOT USB: My installed system on a new computer, has a 1.73gb partition on the SSD called "recovery Partition", but, the only references/utilities/apps I can find will only create a recovery "drive" on an external USB/disk.What's the go??What's the point of this partition taking up...
  5. Creating a recovery PARTITION NOT USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a recovery PARTITION NOT USB: My installed system on a new computer, has a 1.73gb partition on the SSD called "recovery Partition", but, the only references/utilities/apps I can find will only create a recovery "drive" on an external USB/disk.What's the go??What's the point of this partition taking up...
  6. How to create a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a recovery partition?: Let's say I was able to download the Win10 iso from herehttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10I am fully aware that recovery Image and recovery drive is completely different from recovery partition - I want to have my system to gain ability of oem pc to...
  7. How to create a recovery partition?

How to create a recovery partition?: Let's say I was able to download the Win10 iso from herehttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10I am fully aware that recovery Image and recovery drive is completely different from recovery partition - I want to have my system to gain ability of oem pc to...
  8. How to create a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Making a copy for factory recovery partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making a copy for factory recovery partition: Hello guys! I have a laptop that has a factory recovery partition. I want to have that partition safe, I am planning to do a fresh start. Could you let me know if there's an easy way to do clone / backup that recovery option to a usb stick, I do not want to lose the option...
  10. Factory recovery - Create a Custom Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Factory recovery - Create a Custom Recovery Partition: How to: Factory recovery - Create a Custom Recovery Partition [img] Information Most computers today with OEM pre-installed Windows come with a so called Factory recovery partition. This partition allows users to restore Windows 10 to it's original state, as it was when...