Windows 10: Creating new folder took very much time..sometime it took more than 20 seconds.

Discus and support Creating new folder took very much time..sometime it took more than 20 seconds. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I googled this issue and found may users facing same. So this is clearly a Micro Soft window bug. Any patch to fix this bug. I tried to fix this by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NiteshRana1, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Creating new folder took very much time..sometime it took more than 20 seconds.

I googled this issue and found may users facing same.

So this is clearly a Micro Soft window bug. Any patch to fix this bug.

I tried to fix this by restarting window explorer from task manager. But it didn't help.

Its very annoying. Please let me know how can i fix this.

:)

NiteshRana1, Oct 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 Painfully load folders contents really slow regardless if is a folder created by me or a windows folder

Thank you I try both of your suggestions but didn't fix the problem it still persist. It took almost 20 seconds to load the content of a folder containing 20 videos in it. It is still taking its sweet time loading folders content, pictures, videos or documents.
    It strugglers the most when is loading pictures or videos inside a folder and it doesn't matter if they are in a windows folder or a folder that I created and put them in, windows strugglers to load and it takes anywhere from 8 to almost 20 seconds at times
    to completely load the folders contend.

ApocalypseDooms, Oct 13, 2019
  3. gudiya#1 Win User
    creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Creating new folder took very much time..sometime it took more than 20 seconds.

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Creating new folder took very much time..sometime it took more than 20 seconds.

1. Creating new folder took very much time..sometime it took more than 20 seconds. - Similar Threads - Creating folder took

2. It took for ever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It took for ever: [ATTACH] Can anyone help with this I tried to projected my screen to the laptop but i won't show its said that it connected in my phone but it wont show what should i do? submitted by /u/XylonnnI [link] [comments]...
  3. Onedrive took over local file folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive took over local file folders: Long store short, I had to reset my desktop to fix an issue with Onedrive overriding the default folder location. i.e. Documents and Pictures under My Computer have a default path of C:\Users\*User-Name*\Onedrive\etc instead of C:\User\*User-Name*\etc Shortly after setting...
  4. intruder took permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    intruder took permissions: I have a live intruder on my computer. He is accessing through windows media player. I dont know how he is getting in but he is after certain documents. this is a federal case and he has destroyed a lot of evidence. Now he is taking over permissions How can I get the...
  5. New Computer took over old computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Computer took over old computer: New Computer took over old computer, I should Not be administrator on that computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-took-over-old-computer/000e4fb9-2eae-418f-8ee0-566a566dafe1"
  6. Share folder with more than 20 users at the same time.

Share folder with more than 20 users at the same time.: Hello, I am doing a project having 24 Debian-clients trying to map a folder on a Windows 10 machine. I was already very happy to get it all running, but then I recognized four clients not being able to map the folder. Now I found out, that my WIndows 10 only allows to handle...
  7. Folder scan is of much more files than files in folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder scan is of much more files than files in folder: I am having a problem scanning files. When I scan the download folder there are 346 files scanned. There are really only four files in the folder, when I scan them individually the first .pdf file scans as two files and the other three files scan as one file each. Is there...
  8. Reserved Storage took more storage than System Files

Reserved Storage took more storage than System Files: So I've finished installing Windows 10 version 1903, To see that I only have 5 GB left on my SSD. (It's a 32 GB SSD.) So I've figured it was only Windows Update files. So I ran Disk Cleanup. After I ran Disk Cleanup, I only have 9 GB. Now I wanted to see what was going on. I...
  9. Todays Update took 20+ Minutes!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Todays Update took 20+ Minutes!: Why does this happen? I did today's Windows 10 64 bit and Office 2016 64 bit update and it took over 20 minutes to download and install. Am I the only one? It seems to be good. 79355
  10. CHKDSK during boot took very long time(almost 3 hours).

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CHKDSK during boot took very long time(almost 3 hours).: Good morning everyone. Just now I tried to do chkdsk scan through CMD with "Run As Administrator" but it said the process is in used & require schedule scan for next startup. I accepted the order. In the end, the "scanning & repairing drive C:" stucked at 14% for very long...