Windows 10: Creating New Folder

Discus and support Creating New Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Please help me. Why is it that I can't create new folders? Before this the icon functioning just well, but this time nothings happen. Why is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nans777, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Nans777 Win User

Creating New Folder

Please help me. Why is it that I can't create new folders? Before this the icon functioning just well, but this time nothings happen. Why is that happening?? What should I do?

:)

Nans777, Jan 9, 2019

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 9, 2019
  3. gudiya#1 Win User
    creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Creating New Folder

I cant create a new folder in windows 10

Hi,

As the scans were not able to find any corrupted system files, we recommend that you try creating a new folder through
    File Explorer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "file explorer" to open File Explorer.
    • Click Desktop.
    • Under the Home tab, select the New folder option.
    • Create a name for your folder.

Let us know if you were able to create a new folder by following the steps provided.

Dennis Mop, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Creating New Folder

1. Creating New Folder - Similar Threads - Creating Folder

2. i have a virus on my pc where it creates a randomly named folder in the program data folder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a virus on my pc where it creates a randomly named folder in the program data folder...: can anybody help me how to deal with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-virus-on-my-pc-where-it-creates-a/7b2a0eb0-0ca2-450f-8aea-9becfe79f3b1
  3. i have a virus on my pc where it creates a randomly named folder in the program data folder...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have a virus on my pc where it creates a randomly named folder in the program data folder...: can anybody help me how to deal with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-virus-on-my-pc-where-it-creates-a/7b2a0eb0-0ca2-450f-8aea-9becfe79f3b1
  4. How to automate creating a folder with the previous workdate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to automate creating a folder with the previous workdate?: Hi,I'm new to this. How would I automate windows to create a new folder in a specific location everyday with the previous work-date? A previous colleague at my workplace was able to do this but have since left the company. Ex. If today's Friday, July 19th. It will create a...
  5. How to automate creating a folder with the previous workdate?

How to automate creating a folder with the previous workdate?: Hi,I'm new to this. How would I automate windows to create a new folder in a specific location everyday with the previous work-date? A previous colleague at my workplace was able to do this but have since left the company. Ex. If today's Friday, July 19th. It will create a...
  6. How to automate creating a folder with the previous workdate?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. i need help to delete the additional root folders i created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help to delete the additional root folders i created: Hello. so i made the big mistakes of creating root folders and filesand i need help to delete themso basically i was trying to code a node and java file and i didnt thought of what permissions im giving to the VS codeand about 1 or 2 hours later i realised everything im...
  8. i need help to delete the additional root folders i created

i need help to delete the additional root folders i created: Hello. so i made the big mistakes of creating root folders and filesand i need help to delete themso basically i was trying to code a node and java file and i didnt thought of what permissions im giving to the VS codeand about 1 or 2 hours later i realised everything im...
  9. svchost.exe creates Folder "Program Files" on ALL my drives!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost.exe creates Folder "Program Files" on ALL my drives!: The title says it all: After every reboot, I see the "Program Files" folder on all my hard drive partitions. No matter how often I delete them. The owner of the folder is "SYSTEM". I can't say exactly since when it has been like this. However, I didn't have the problem with...
  10. svchost.exe creates Folder "Program Files" on ALL my drives!

svchost.exe creates Folder "Program Files" on ALL my drives!: The title says it all: After every reboot, I see the "Program Files" folder on all my hard drive partitions. No matter how often I delete them. The owner of the folder is "SYSTEM". I can't say exactly since when it has been like this. However, I didn't have the problem with...